Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cousins Open to Trade. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=56390)

Gary84Clark 02-03-2014 01:24 PM

Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

[quote=diehardskin2982;1058633]The Saints should try to get Kirk. Let him learn under Drew Brees for 3 years, then let him take over. He is not ready to start IMO.[/quote]

What warrants that type of investment in Kirk?

That Guy 02-03-2014 02:16 PM

if you can only get a 4th, you sit on him. no point in doing that.

CrazyCanuck 02-03-2014 02:37 PM

This has Shanny leak written all over it.

Kyle gets the Browns OC job and all of a sudden Kirk is open to a trade?? Even Cousins' reps had to put out a statement saying he had not requested a trade from the Redskins.

I'm open to trading Cousins, but what ever the market price, I would charge double to the Browns. Fck Kyle Shanahan.

MTK 02-03-2014 02:50 PM

I think this "news" is nothing more than people putting 2 + 2 together. Unless Kyle got a job where there was already an established starter, there was bound to be Cousins trade rumors.

Kirk has always been open to going wherever he can play.

Lotus 02-03-2014 02:52 PM

Also this "news" that Cousins is open to a trade is not groundbreaking. Would anyone be surprised to hear that he might want to go someplace where he might start?

FRPLG 02-03-2014 04:02 PM

In other news...water is wet, the sun is hot, and the obvious story is obvious.

diehardskin2982 02-03-2014 04:16 PM

[quote=Gary84Clark;1058640]What warrants that type of investment in Kirk?[/quote]

Kirk has a quick delivery and if he learned from a player like Drew and a coach like Sean Payton it would be a sound investment from New Orleans point of view.

With Kirk, you know that you will get his 110% everyday.

Gmanc711 02-03-2014 04:40 PM

I'd take a 2nd, or a top half of the third.

After that, what are you really getting? You have a guy who has proven he can step in and at least perform if RG3 goes down.

If we're getting a 4th or later; were basically just getting what we gave up for him (4th round pick), and I say its not worth it and let him stay here as the back up.

That said; if anyone offers a second I'm taking that in a heartbeat.

Chico23231 02-03-2014 04:48 PM

[quote=FRPLG;1058652]In other news...water is wet, the sun is hot, and the obvious story is obvious.[/quote]

Chico open to dating Kate Upton

KI Skins Fan 02-03-2014 04:56 PM

[quote=CrazyCanuck;1058646][B]This has Shanny leak written all over it.[/B]
Kyle gets the Browns OC job and all of a sudden Kirk is open to a trade?? Even Cousins' reps had to put out a statement saying he had not requested a trade from the Redskins.

I'm open to trading Cousins, but what ever the market price, I would charge double to the Browns. Fck Kyle Shanahan.[/quote]

That is what I thought when I read the article. If Kyle wants Cousins badly enough and he can convince his bosses to make the deal, then there doesn't need to be a bidding war for us to get our price.

Here's the key: We can speculate on how much Kyle wants Cousins, but Bruce Allen probably [U]knows[/U] how much Kyle wants him. The advantage goes to the Redskins.

The Browns have two first round picks, a high second rounder, two third round picks, and others. They could easily do the deal if they want to.

On the other hand, Kyle doesn't call the shots in Cleveland. They are also in a position to be able to draft a top-rated college QB, if they decide to do that.

Either way, I don't believe that the Skins will trade Cousins unless they get their price, whatever that may be.

SmootSmack 02-03-2014 06:14 PM

I'd be very surprised if KC is a Redskin next year, even more so if he's a Brown

Lotus 02-03-2014 07:14 PM

Then do you have a sense of where Capt. Kirk might be headed?

SmootSmack 02-03-2014 08:09 PM

[quote=Lotus;1058661]Then do you have a sense of where Capt. Kirk might be headed?[/quote]

Nope

DynamiteRave 02-03-2014 08:22 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1058664]Nope[/quote]

Think we'll draft a new guy or pick up FA then? Or.. hold onto Rexy. :puke:

Lotus 02-03-2014 08:34 PM

Kirk Cousins for ILB Daryl Washington of the Cards.