Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jamin Davis (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64964)

REDSKINS4ever 01-03-2022 12:38 PM

Jamin Davis

I was reading a Twitter post last night and so many fans were trashing Rivera for drafting Jamin Davis in the first round.....Davis has been average at best and while he hasn't had the impact like a first round pick should in their rookie season there's hope that he'll have a solid season next year....

skinsfaninok 01-03-2022 12:39 PM

Re: Jamin Davis

My guy SF lit me up for saying he wasn't worth a 1st last week.. Now that most are saying the same thing, I wonder if he'll give me an apology... (I'm kidding about the apology)

skinsfaninok 01-03-2022 12:41 PM

Overall he's been bad, and can't really get on the field even.. Ron and co picked him because they were desperate for a playmaking LB.. Hopefully he comes out strong next yr

MTK 01-03-2022 12:41 PM

Too early to write him off. There's a lot to like about his athletic skills.

skinsfaninok 01-03-2022 12:43 PM

[quote=MTK;1306733]Too early to write him off. There's a lot to like about his athletic skills.[/quote]

Yeah lets see what he and CY do next yr.. Also doesn't help JDR sucks ass and needs to be done

sdskinsfan2001 01-03-2022 12:43 PM

Put him at weak side linebacker next year. And let him run. Seems like that already is the plan now. Gotta draft or sign a legit MLB starter. Hopefully we can sign someone.

sdskinsfan2001 01-03-2022 12:45 PM

[quote=MTK;1306733]Too early to write him off. There's a lot to like about his athletic skills.[/quote]

Agreed, I still think he's going to be good. He's just not a MLB or not one yet. Maybe after another year or 2 in the league he can move there.

EdmundDorf 01-03-2022 01:26 PM

He only started 1year in college so he is still learning, but athletic ability ( and coaching) should be drawing better results by now.

GridIron26 01-03-2022 01:26 PM

We have to remember Davis is raw, he has the athleticism but still learning the position. He was only 1 year starter at Kentucky. I'm hoping Davis is on the similar path Isaiah Simmons is on. Simmons wasn't good last year with Cardinals and now he has improved a lot this year.

EdmundDorf 01-03-2022 01:29 PM

Also not his fault Ron drafted him when we actually a MLB more and tried to overload him with learning that position

Ohioskins 01-03-2022 01:39 PM

My concern is not so much with Davis, he could develop into a legit NFL player, as it is with the WFT talent evaluators who wasted a first round pick on him. While he could develop into a legit player he certainly was not worth the first round pick that was used on him.

skinsfan69 01-03-2022 03:15 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1306735]Put him at weak side linebacker next year. And let him run. Seems like that already is the plan now. Gotta draft or sign a legit MLB starter. Hopefully we can sign someone.[/quote]

This is what they should have done day one, put him at WLB.

sevier2 01-04-2022 09:23 PM

My main issue is the fact that this is exactly what we were saying [I]when he was drafted.[/I]

He’s got the athletic tools to play but have we seen any development/improvement through year 1? I would have hoped to see a few flashes by now..

AnonEmouse 01-05-2022 05:02 AM

I haven't seen a lot of film of him, but from what I've seen I see a lot of potential. He's not Parsons, but he's not a dud. The NFL annals are littered with guys that came in yr 1 and rocked the league, only then to disappear, and likewise there are plenty that bombed in yr 1 but then had HoF careers. It's too early to say. I will agree that he looks better at WLB, but didn't we put him in the middle through need rather than desire?

I'd draft a true MLB or go after one in FA and have them, Davis and Holcomb pencilled in as starters in camp. If we had a couple more picks, I'd also draft another LB for depth, but we have other needs too, so we may not have that luxury.