Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Rage Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64362)

mooby 04-25-2019 10:00 PM

The Rage Thread

If you are like me and need to release, please do it here.

God damnit Gruden/Allen/Williams. DAMN YOUSE TO HELL.

Ruhskins 04-25-2019 10:01 PM

Re: The Rage Thread

Sorry, if the team had drafted a WR or given up the farm to move up I'd be here. Solid move.

DYoungJelly 04-25-2019 10:02 PM

[quote=mooby;1222083]If you are like me and need to release, please do it here.

God damnit Gruden/Allen/Williams. DAMN YOUSE TO HELL.[/quote]

Nah dude. The long con. Going to pick 1/1 next year.

VTSkins1961 04-25-2019 10:06 PM

Danny boy got his pick. Horrible pick....

mooby 04-25-2019 10:06 PM

Credit where it's due, we didn't move up to select him. That's a win for us. I would feel more confident about this pick if we had a solid team to surround him with. But we don't. We don't even have a single solid wideout for him to throw to. And Reed is good when healthy, key words when healthy.

Also if we need legit reasons his lack of mobility concerns me.

mredskins 04-25-2019 10:13 PM

It’s literally the only thing that makes me care about this team next year. Good or bad it’s something to talk about.

Ruhskins 04-25-2019 10:17 PM

[quote=VTSkins1961;1222097]Danny boy got his pick. Horrible pick....[/quote]

Dude, read reports from some of the more reliable Skins beat reporters, there were a lot of people in the FO who wanted Haskins. A vintage Snyder move would have been to move up to take Haskins or Jones.

SkinzWin 04-25-2019 10:24 PM

I still haven't seen actual evidence about why everyone is hating on Haskins?!?!? Someone help me understand what I am missing. Due has a rocket arm. Can make all the throws from the pocket. Super accurate. He's a freaking 70% passer for goodness sakes!!!

rocnrik 04-25-2019 10:43 PM

Very few on this site liked the keenum trade .. Smiths Career is over and McCoy is not close to playing... geez I wonder why the Skins took a QB?? I would understand rage IF we traded up ... I don’t understand the negative outlook on this pick..

Ruhskins 04-25-2019 10:48 PM

My only rage tonight came when I had to turn off Grant Paulsen, he's becoming a whinnier/more annoying version of Chris Russell.

sdskinsfan2001 04-25-2019 10:55 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;1222120]I still haven't seen actual evidence about why everyone is hating on Haskins?!?!? Someone help me understand what I am missing. Due has a rocket arm. Can make all the throws from the pocket. Super accurate. He's a freaking 70% passer for goodness sakes!!![/quote]

We are a long suffering jaded fan base, and the suffering makes it easier to be more upset if you don't like the pick. And based on going on the last 30 years, the people that hate this pick, can easily be right.

Chico23231 04-25-2019 10:58 PM

[YT]H0kJLW2EwMg[/YT]

sdskinsfan2001 04-25-2019 10:59 PM

End of the day tho, I'd make a big wager, they'd gladly eat crow to be wrong.

I didn't really want a QB besides Lock either tho. But Lock still hasn't been picked. I don't imagine I know more than the whole NFL.

Go fill your cups up with koolaid.

Chico23231 04-25-2019 11:01 PM

[YT]3L4YrGaR8E4[/YT]

Ruhskins 04-25-2019 11:02 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1222163]End of the day tho, I'd make a big wager, they'd gladly eat crow to be wrong.

I didn't really want a QB besides Lock either tho. But Lock still hasn't been picked. I don't imagine I know more than the whole NFL.

Go fill your cups up with koolaid.[/quote]

Yeah, Lock is going to get picked tomorrow.

NC_Skins 04-25-2019 11:58 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1222112]Dude, read reports from some of the more reliable Skins beat reporters, there were a lot of people in the FO who wanted Haskins. A vintage Snyder move would have been to move up to take Haskins or Jones.[/quote]

They even said tonight that the football side of the organization didn't like Haskins that much and wanted to draft other needs. The FO side (specifically mentioned Bruce and Dan) loved him and mentioned that Dan only went to one interview and it was his.

This reeks of a Snyder/Allen move. You will NEVER EVER convince me otherwise.

Ruhskins 04-26-2019 12:02 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;1222256]They even said tonight that the football side of the organization didn't like Haskins that much and wanted to draft other needs. The FO side (specifically mentioned Bruce and Dan) loved him and mentioned that Dan only went to one interview and it was his.

This reeks of a Snyder/Allen move. You will NEVER EVER convince me otherwise.[/quote]

I'm just saying what reliable beat reporters have said: JP, Keim, Craig Hoffman.

MTK 04-26-2019 03:37 PM

Both sides got what they wanted. Dan and Bruce got Haskins and the football side got Sweat. I would guess having a split opinion in war rooms is pretty common.

Funny how all the pre draft hoopla about the Skins trading up went absolutely nowhere.

Ruhskins 04-26-2019 03:44 PM

[quote=MTK;1222393]Both sides got what they wanted. Dan and Bruce got Haskins and the football side got Sweat. I would guess having a split opinion in war rooms is pretty common.

[B]Funny how all the pre draft hoopla about the Skins trading up went absolutely nowhere.[/B][/quote]

I'm convinced this was done to eff with the Giants. LOL.

MTK 04-26-2019 03:46 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1222394]I'm convinced this was done to eff with the Giants. LOL.[/quote]

[URL="https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/26/new-york-giants-were-absolutely-convinced-redskins-would-take-daniel-jones/"]And it worked too apparently[/URL]

Suckers

sandtrapjack 04-26-2019 03:52 PM

I LOVE this thread......wonder why though?

Ruhskins 04-26-2019 03:55 PM

[quote=MTK;1222396][URL="https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/26/new-york-giants-were-absolutely-convinced-redskins-would-take-daniel-jones/"]And it worked too apparently[/URL]

Suckers[/quote]

[IMG]https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg[/IMG]

Giants could have avoided this mess by taking a QB last year. And that's why you don't pass up on a QB.

los panda 04-26-2019 04:59 PM

Gruden wanted Daniel Jones, so I think the Giants weren't wrong thinking that we would have nabbed him at 15.

Ruhskins 04-26-2019 05:01 PM

[quote=los panda;1222412]Gruden wanted Daniel Jones, so I think the Giants weren't wrong thinking that we would have nabbed him at 15.[/quote]

True, but the Giants had enough ammo to jump ahead of the Redskins and still get a top 10 talent.

los panda 04-26-2019 05:04 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1222414]True, but the Giants had enough ammo to jump ahead of the Redskins and still get a top 10 talent.[/quote]

This is true. I'm loving what they're doing up there in NY.

Giantone 04-26-2019 05:48 PM

/nypost.com/2019/04/26/some-experts-loved-the-giants-drafting-daniel-jones-seriously/

Good read.

Giantone 04-26-2019 05:49 PM

[quote=los panda;1222415]This is true. I'm loving what they're doing up there in NY.[/quote]

So am I.:food-smil:food-smil

SkinzWin 04-26-2019 05:53 PM

[quote=Giantone;1222430]/nypost.com/2019/04/26/some-experts-loved-the-giants-drafting-daniel-jones-seriously/

Good read.[/quote]

Typical Giants apologist.

Chico23231 04-26-2019 05:54 PM

Has Eli said anything...or is this a situation where he has to get his brother/dad to make a statement for him again?

Buffalo Bob 04-26-2019 06:03 PM

No rage from me. They didn't trade up to get Haskins and said no to Rosen. Sweat is icing on the cake.

Warthog 04-30-2019 11:57 AM

Cant' understand the rage here. Most of the "experts" gave the Redskins very high grades for this draft - which is VERY UNUSUAL. I'd rather roll the dice on Haskins, considered by many as the best QB of the draft, than sitting and watching Smith / McCoy / Keenum win just enough squeakers to keep us from getting a really high draft number.

We need a real, LONG-TERM, FRANCHISE QB. I think Haskins is that man. But I'd rather watch Haskins pull a Heath Shuler than spend a season following a has-been, old QB like Smith or McCoy bring us to 5 or 6 wins.

Sometimes you need to go for it. A franchise QB is how you win in the NFL.

mooby 04-30-2019 01:27 PM

[quote=Warthog;1223093]Cant' understand the rage here. Most of the "experts" gave the Redskins very high grades for this draft - which is VERY UNUSUAL. I'd rather roll the dice on Haskins, considered by many as the best QB of the draft, than sitting and watching Smith / McCoy / Keenum win just enough squeakers to keep us from getting a really high draft number.

We need a real, LONG-TERM, FRANCHISE QB. I think Haskins is that man. But I'd rather watch Haskins pull a Heath Shuler than spend a season following a has-been, old QB like Smith or McCoy bring us to 5 or 6 wins.

Sometimes you need to go for it. A franchise QB is how you win in the NFL.[/quote]

This was a response to picking Haskins, who I'm not sold on. The rest of the draft was as good as it gets IMO. Still, even though I'm not sold on Haskins it's basically 50/50 as to whether it was a good move, and I'd love to be wrong about it.

We might as well rename this the overreaction thread, because that's what I was doing.

Chico23231 04-30-2019 01:28 PM

[quote=mooby;1223106]This was a response to picking Haskins, who I'm not sold on. The rest of the draft was as good as it gets IMO. Still, even though I'm not sold on Haskins it's basically 50/50 as to whether it was a good move, and I'd love to be wrong about it.

We might as well rename this the overreaction thread, because that's what I was doing.[/quote]

This wasn't a Rage against the Machine fan page thread?

los panda 04-30-2019 03:41 PM

Anyone want to play some Primal Rage? I can't afford it for PS1 but I'd buy it for Sega Genesis.

Schneed10 04-30-2019 04:02 PM

[quote=mooby;1223106]This was a response to picking Haskins, who I'm not sold on. The rest of the draft was as good as it gets IMO. Still, even though I'm not sold on Haskins it's basically 50/50 as to whether it was a good move, and I'd love to be wrong about it.

We might as well rename this the overreaction thread, because that's what I was doing.[/quote]

That's all football fans ever do, you're welcome to it. Just don't start a thread with the opening post being 'for ga da da' and you're good. It's a high bar around here.

mooby 04-30-2019 05:06 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1223107]This wasn't a Rage against the Machine fan page thread?[/quote]

It can be whatever you want it to be. I'm partial to Born of a Broken Man myself. Or Settle for Nothing. Or Township Rebellion. Or No Shelter. Or any of their other classics, pretty much their entire discography is bangers.

sdskinsfan2001 04-30-2019 05:24 PM

[quote=los panda;1223112]Anyone want to play some Primal Rage? I can't afford it for PS1 but I'd buy it for Sega Genesis.[/quote]

I had the original Sega Master System before Genesis. Good ole Duck Hunt and Shinobi.

That was like 30 years ago. FML!!

Warthog 04-30-2019 10:25 PM

There are no guarantees in the draft. I seem to remember someone did a study and found out that only a third of the first and second round draft picks are in the NFL five years later. I'd rather the Redskins shoot for the future franchise and possibly star QB in the draft than watch them spend a ton of cap money on a QB who is over 35 years old. Someone who keeps us around .500, but never better.

Of the three QB picked in the 2019 NFL draft in the first round, I think Haskins was the best choice. I'm a lot more excited to watch how he does over the next few years, then to see the Redskins run by an aging, decent QB (even before this horrific leg injury).

mooby 05-01-2019 05:30 PM

[quote=Warthog;1223123]There are no guarantees in the draft. I seem to remember someone did a study and found out that only a third of the first and second round draft picks are in the NFL five years later. I'd rather the Redskins shoot for the future franchise and possibly star QB in the draft than watch them spend a ton of cap money on a QB who is over 35 years old. Someone who keeps us around .500, but never better.

Of the three QB picked in the 2019 NFL draft in the first round, I think Haskins was the best choice. I'm a lot more excited to watch how he does over the next few years, then to see the Redskins run by an aging, decent QB (even before this horrific leg injury).
.[/quote]

I think you're crazy if you think Alex Smith is ever returning to the field. Man had a compound fracture, spent 2 months in the hospital thanks to infection, plus had 70 million guaranteed so he doesn't need the money.

He'll be here coaching up the young gun but I don't expect him to suit up again.

REDSKINS4ever 05-01-2019 06:14 PM

The Redskins won't be picking up Josh Doctson's 5th year option....this doesn't mean that they won't try to give him a deal in the offseason if he has a 95 catch 1500 yards with 12 TDs performance in 2019....but I'm glad that the Redskins are making a fuckin healthy football decision on this soft ass 1st round bust.....

[url]https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Article/Redskins-decline-Josh-Doctson-fifth-year-option--131700083/[/url]