Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Donovan McNabb: Mediocre at Best" Article (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9626)

saden1 12-14-2005 04:53 PM

"Donovan McNabb: Mediocre at Best" Article

Here is the [URL=http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/attytood/archives/002540.html]article[/URL] ...what do you guys think? Is it too much or just about right?

Redskins_P 12-14-2005 05:01 PM

Re: "Donovan McNabb: Mediocre at Best" Article

I like how he used our very own Doug Williams as an example of a real pocket passer

mheisig 12-14-2005 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]I like how he used our very own Doug Williams as an example of a real pocket passer[/QUOTE]

I don't buy it. The guy led his team to four consecutive NFC Championship games and racked up impressive stats along the way. He's well above mediocre.

amorentz 12-14-2005 05:07 PM

I just dont get it at all...he played the race card because he doesnt run as much? And he should have given his bonus money to Owens or Westbrook?

Seriously, I actually just dont understand the criticism or argument here. I have no idea what this guy is trying to say.

Southpaw 12-14-2005 05:08 PM

While I do think McNabb is a bit of a choke artist, calling him mediocre is just retarded. He is the #1 reason why the Eagles have been tops in the NFC for the last four years, and has made several Pro Bowls. Look how far the Eagles have fallen, without him running the show. If being a choke artist is all it takes to be considered mediocre, you'd have to include Peyton Manning(until this year, perhaps) and Dan Marino in the same sentence.

Hog1 12-14-2005 05:12 PM

Most of Dan Patrick's show today was devoted to this subject!

steveo395 12-14-2005 05:17 PM

hes better than mediocre, but i still think he's overrated...he's still a good qb though

BigSKINBauer 12-14-2005 05:51 PM

I find it humorous that someone just saying this is actual news. JUST IN JUST IN SOMEONE CALLED DMAC MEDIOCRE READ ALL ABOUT IT!!

This has been discussed all over ESPN and on the radio. I just can't believe someone saying something about a player is actual news within itself. The race card was pulled and it is idiotic so why entertain this stupid article all over the national media?

Wanga Skins 12-14-2005 05:52 PM

Choke artist? OK, but what does that or not giving some money from his contract to T.O. have to do with race?! Mcnabb might be overated but what do eagles fans have to compare to really? Randall got them to how many superbowls? Jaws? Come on! Mcnabb has shown nothing other than playing his heart out every week and leading his team to 4 straight conference championship games. Mcnabb giving some of his well earned contract money to the biggest pain the ass WR ever would solve nothing!!

railcon56 12-14-2005 06:18 PM

redskin's fan should know better than anyone ...that he has made plays under intense pressure and pass rush that few others could make like last year on sunday night .that was all mc nabb... medicore my ass

htownskinfan 12-14-2005 06:18 PM

let the eagles keep T.O. and trade us mcnabb,ramsey,brunell,and rogers i would trade to the eagles for mcnabb

giacomo2 12-14-2005 07:10 PM

the last time i checked mcscabb was not playing defense. that is the big reason they won all those games. btw, if he was soooo goood, then why did philly sell there soul to get terrible owens? if mcscabb couldn't run around, he'd be using his degree from syracuse and delivering pizzas.

SmootSmack 12-14-2005 07:14 PM

NY_Skinsfan and I were debating last night whether to post this article. The whole insulting his race by not running argument I just don't get at all

saden1 12-14-2005 07:17 PM

[QUOTE=giacomo2]if mcscabb couldn't run around, he'd be using his degree from syracuse and delivering pizzas.[/QUOTE]

I take offense to that. What makes you think with his degree he would be delivering pizza as opposed to working for some big Marketing/PR company?

EternalEnigma21 12-14-2005 07:20 PM

Yeah... He's alot better than mediocre... and I'll bet that more NAACP members know McNabb's name than the idiot who is supposedly heading it up... which probalby prompted the entire article. I'd be willing to bet dinner that McNabb could actually write an article with less mistakes and not have a team of editors tearing through it like this clown.

What a joke.. and I hate McNabb, but he is a great QB. (granted I thougth he should've choked TO out a couple of times) He makes great on the fly decisions and got his team to the NFC champ. game 3 years in a row with their best wideout being James Thrash (who I think the world of, but he's our number 3 and we're having reciever issues).