Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thanks to coach Zorn (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34523)

CrustyRedskin 01-04-2010 02:44 PM

Re: Thanks to coach Zorn

You showed a lot of class coach. Most people would have lost controll and made an even bigger mess than what you had already.

Hey lets have three cheers for Jim Zorn??!!! HIP HIP HOORAH!!!! HIP HIP HOORAH!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAH!!!!!

Damn it felt so good last year when he cranked it up after the Dallas win. Damn I thought he would be here for a decade. Good Luck Jim!

SmootSmack 01-04-2010 04:05 PM

Nice read here

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/319555-the-jim-zorn-that-i-knew[/url]

Gmanc711 01-04-2010 06:48 PM

I dont really feel the need to Thank Zorn, because I dont think he really did a whole lot here...but I certainly feel for the guy and the situation he was in. He was in a no win situation, period. Even though I thought today needed to happy, I am a Jim Zorn fan. I really hope the best for the guy, I feel bad that this is what he walked into for his first head coachign gig...although he is gonna laugh all the way to the bank

mooby 01-04-2010 07:34 PM

Thanks Jim Zorn. Thanks for being classy even though the rumors were swirling ever since week 2, thanks for at least seeing it through until now, and finally good luck wherever you land because you deserved better. In hindsight it's easy to say he was underqualified and it's Snyder's fault for giving the job to a man who didn't even have coordinator experience, but Zorn made the best of it anyway. I hope he comes back successfull somewhere else, particularly a place I don't care about like Cleveland or somewhere like that.

53Fan 01-04-2010 08:32 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;649759]Nice read here

[url=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/319555-the-jim-zorn-that-i-knew]The Jim Zorn That I Knew | Bleacher Report[/url][/quote]

Good read. He really is a hell of a guy.

LandrySlice 01-04-2010 08:33 PM

thanks for the painful memories zorny!

LandrySlice 01-04-2010 08:34 PM

although, your press confrences were classic, so thanks for those at least.

budw38 01-04-2010 08:37 PM

[quote=Mattyk;649314]Zorn is a good guy so a part of me feels for him today. He came in and did the best he could under some less than ideal circumstances. Working with Vinny alone should get him some kind of award. Anyway, best of luck to Jim Zorn. He will land on his feet somewhere no doubt.[/quote]
Nice thread / post . He gave his all , not the perfect situation for a man to start his coaching career .

SUNRA 01-04-2010 08:45 PM

I wish Jim Zorn the best with his future endeavors. Personally I wished he had more experience as a head coach before coming to Washington because that 6-2 start was impressive especially sweeping Philadelphia. He should join Holmgren and gain more experience and possibly get hired as a QB coach.

skinsfan0201 01-04-2010 08:57 PM

This man was the biggest of class acts. As Redskins fans I think we can all respect Jim Zorn for many of his great traits, one of them extreme honesty (to his detriment) and humility. He is a great human being, smart, and has charisma. In addition he obviously knows the game of football though lacked the experiece to be a head coach in this league as of yet. I blame this mistake on Danny mostly because of his lack of foresight and knowledge in the football department though it is tough to fault Danny for his passion of the Redskins. Finally, this heart break could have been avoided if he had listened and hired Greg in the first place. Hopefully he will finally get it right this time. :)

Cross your fingers! And Hail to the Redskins, as we all hope 2010 will be a much better year for the team on a number of levels.

DFI 01-04-2010 09:23 PM

I like coach Z as a person and honestly the dude had the deck stacked against him from the begining and i think for the most part he did the best he could. I wish him well.

troy 01-04-2010 09:57 PM

good luck to coach zorn. hopfully he'll land on his feet somewhere.

TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS 01-04-2010 10:24 PM

zorn was pure class. in a way, after all the shit that went down this season, we should all be a little grateful that things weren't more chaotic in the locker room. it could've gotten uglier...there was the potential for a ton of mudslinging. i think zorn really led by example there.

i compared a photo of zorn from his signing day to one from yesterday and the man has aged 7 years in 2...he really cared about the team. BUT like allen said today, we need results. i hope the way zorn handled himself this year puts him in the good graces of someone looking for a qb coach or even coordinator.

buona fortuna jim.

GMScud 01-04-2010 10:34 PM

Jim Zorn handled the little danny and that ass clown Cerrato with the utmost class, just like JC. Both have been treated like total sh*t by the organization, yet they never quit and never complained.

Best of luck Zorn. You're a good man.

And now can we please remove his picture from the banner?? I've been ready to forget this era for months. :)

htownskinfan 01-04-2010 10:53 PM

I see no need to thank him,he got paid a lot of money for a job he couldnt handle.Blaming Snyder for his failure is stupid if you ask me,hes got no one to blame but himself.It wasnt Snyder making the dumbass call to fake a fg after a timeout,that was all Zorn,and there were too many other stupid calls to mention.I dont wish the man any bad will,but no way in hell am I going to say thank you for such a shitty job.
Hell,why were at it,lets start a thread thanking Norv Turner,Terry Robiske,and Steve Spurrier