Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vince Young Madden 2008 Cover (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17865)

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2007 01:12 PM

Vince Young Madden 2008 Cover

[url=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=6534058&storyNumber=1]FOX Sports - NFL - Today's hot sports rumors and news[/url]

Looks like Titans fans get to worry this year.

Monkeydad 04-17-2007 01:49 PM

Re: Vince Young Madden 2008 Cover

I just watched us lose to the Titans on NFL Replay.

Why couldn't they have put him on the cover LAST year? :(

skinsfan_nn 04-17-2007 01:56 PM

We gave those sorry Titans that game on a golden platter!

BDBohnzie 04-17-2007 02:14 PM

It seems to be that the QBs that have been on Madden have bad leg injuries when they are the Coverboy...wonder if it'll be a knee, leg, achilles for Young?

dall-assblows 04-17-2007 02:44 PM

he will pull his groin and be out 3 weeks.

i'm calling it

TheMalcolmConnection 04-17-2007 02:45 PM

[quote=Buster;298671]I just watched us lose to the Titans on NFL Replay.

Why couldn't they have put him on the cover LAST year? :([/quote]

Hey, it wasn't Young who rushed for a zillion yards against us last year.

redskinsfanatic 04-17-2007 03:19 PM

damn!i was hoping tony romo would have been on the madden cover in 2008.

Riggo44 04-17-2007 08:38 PM

It’s really beyond me why such a young talented player would through away his carrier to be on the cover of this game.:Flush:

dmek25 04-17-2007 09:27 PM

talk about making an average running back(henry) look like a pro bowler

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-17-2007 09:42 PM

[quote=Buster;298671]I just watched us lose to the Titans on NFL Replay.

Why couldn't they have put him on the cover LAST year? :([/quote]

cause they were busy f ing up shaun alexander dont worry young will get his

GMScud 04-18-2007 12:36 AM

Has anybody been on the Madden cover the same year they had a monster season? I remember all they way back when Eddie George was on the cover and that season ended up being the beginning of the end for him. It's been downhill for every Madden cover boy since. I just hope Portis doesn't get put on the next cover after he scores 20 TDs this year.;)

GTripp0012 04-18-2007 01:18 AM

[quote=GMScud;298888]Has anybody been on the Madden cover the same year they had a monster season? I remember all they way back when Eddie George was on the cover and that season ended up being the beginning of the end for him. It's been downhill for every Madden cover boy since. I just hope Portis doesn't get put on the next cover after he scores 20 TDs this year.;)[/quote]No, and my reasoning for this would be that its tough for any player to have two good seasons in a row.

Sometimes, the Madden Curse effect seems really real. But in reality, its a concept that's really been stretched. I mean, Ray Lewis in 2004? What happened to him? And it'd be foolish to think that Shaun Alexanders foot injury had more to do with the Madden Curse than with him getting 390 carries the prior year.

I believe that Vick and McNabb both had injuries unrelated to and coincidental to them being on the cover of Madden. Injuries aren't uncommon in football, so just because twice a guy on a game cover got coincidentally hurt doesn't mean that the cover athlete is cursed.

That said, watch VY stay healthy and improve his passing immesely only to have some fools claim that the Madden Curse struck again because the Titans lost 2 more games than last year...

GMScud 04-18-2007 01:21 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;298896]No, and my reasoning for this would be that its tough for any player to have two good seasons in a row.

Sometimes, the Madden Curse effect seems really real. But in reality, its a concept that's really been stretched. I mean, Ray Lewis in 2004? What happened to him? And it'd be foolish to think that Shaun Alexanders foot injury had more to do with the Madden Curse than with him getting 390 carries the prior year.

I believe that Vick and McNabb both had injuries unrelated to and coincidental to them being on the cover of Madden. Injuries aren't uncommon in football, so just because twice a guy on a game cover got coincidentally hurt doesn't mean that the cover athlete is cursed.

That said, watch VY stay healthy and improve his passing immesely only to have some fools claim that the Madden Curse struck again because the Titans lost 2 more games than last year...[/quote]

Some idiot probably will infer that about VY, although I think the Madden curse is strictly related to the health of the individual, not the wins and losses of their team.

KLHJ2 04-18-2007 03:05 AM

This has got to be the dumbest move in EA sports history. Vince Young sucks. I dont care how many games he got credit for winning last year. His true colors came out during the Pro Bowl. What is sad is the defense wasn't even allowed to blitz. Is this is what QB play is comming to? Why dont all the teams just put their RB with the best arm in the backfield, and tell him "if the guy aint open run!"

Here are his 06 stats

Number 26th passer overall Vince Young
Yards 2199
Attempts 357
Completions 184
Touchdowns 12
Interceptions 13
Longest 53
QB Rating 66.7 Thats right a freakin 66.7 QB rating which is 30th best in the league!, but this guy went to the Pro Bowl and now graces the Madden Cover. What in the hell were they thinking.

KLHJ2 04-18-2007 03:17 AM

Next year they should put Deshaun Foster, Ruben Droughns or Corey Dillon on the cover. They grace the bottom of the RB stat board right now! No, you know what? Lets just give It to Calvin Johnson right now! He hasn't played a down in the NFL, but he is the best player comming out of this draft! Thats right he is already better than T.O., Tim Brown, Randy Moss, and the Great one Jerry Rice. All hail Calvin Johnson!

Yeah right! Get th f*** outta here!