Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shanahan and Allen form dream front office in D.C. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37108)

MTK 06-22-2010 11:04 AM

Shanahan and Allen form dream front office in D.C.

good stuff

[url=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Washington-Redskins-Daniel-Snyder-Mike-Shanahan-NFL]Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen form dream front office in D.C. - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN[/url]

GhettoDogAllStars 06-22-2010 11:53 AM

Re: Shanahan and Allen form dream front office in D.C.

Nice quote from Snyder:
"It’s exciting again, but it’s going to take some time. We’re going to be patient and build something special here."

skinsfan69 06-22-2010 11:55 AM

No question we've got some real pros running the show now. But we're still in the honey moon phase. If we win 4-7 games which could happen cause the schedule is tougher then we're going to try and run these guys out of town. Let's remember that although Shanahan is a great game day coach he did have his share of failures in Denver. And Allen had his in Tampa. But everyone gets fired in the NFL. I know we're in good hands but the future is now plan does worry me.

GhettoDogAllStars 06-22-2010 11:59 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;708054]No question we've got some real pros running the show now. But we're still in the honey moon phase. If we win 4-7 games which could happen cause the schedule is tougher then we're going to try and run these guys out of town. Let's remember that although Shanahan is a great game day coach he did have his share of failures in Denver. And Allen had his in Tampa. But everyone gets fired in the NFL. I know we're in good hands but the future is now plan does worry me.[/quote]

The best thing I can take from all of this is Snyder's attitude change. If Allen/Shanahan fail, at least Snyder will know how a proper front office should operate.

saden1 06-22-2010 12:13 PM

Everyone plays nice...it's the honeymoon phase. When Shanahan doesn't perform I'm guessing the dream will come to an end.

GMScud 06-22-2010 12:32 PM

[quote=saden1;708066]Everyone plays nice...it's the honeymoon phase. When Shanahan doesn't performing I'm guessing the dream will come to an end.[/quote]

Agreed. I'm through getting too excited about this organization in the offseason. For sure this is as stable as the team structure has been since Snyder bought the Skins, but until I see it on the field....

tryfuhl 06-22-2010 12:39 PM

Yeah my giddiness is contained at the moment but I can't wait to get it underway. It's not like Shanahan had a great last few years he was coaching but pretty much every elite coach has had a similar run. The fact that he took the year off from football and used it mostly to study the game and perhaps adjust his approach to his own coaching, much the same as Coach K does at Duke, rather than stay stuck in his ways speaks a lot for his commitment to the game.

There's no doubt in my mind that we will field a much better product than we've seen over the past several years; it will remain to be seen if we can reach the upper echelon of the NFL though.

Skins fan 44 06-22-2010 12:43 PM

I am thinking Snyder will have some patience. How long was he patient with Turner? I would like to believe that he might still turn to Coach Gibbs for advice.

mlmdub130 06-22-2010 03:42 PM

[quote=GMScud;708079]Agreed. I'm through getting too excited about this organization in the offseason. [B]For sure this is as stable as the team structure has been since Snyder bought the Skins, but until I see it on the field[/B]....[/quote]

the scary thing is when marty was here he half righted the ship and was kicked outta town. i'm with you i've been dissapointed by this team too many times in the past few years. it feels different this year but i'm still going into the season thinking that 8-8 would be a pretty damn good year

NYCskinfan82 06-22-2010 04:38 PM

We are nolonger the laughing stock of the division/NFL.

HTTR.

CRedskinsRule 06-22-2010 04:46 PM

We won't know Snyder's real growth until the 2nd coach after Shanahan. I am hoping that is a LONG time from now.

I say second, because his first will be shaped by the events under Shanahan/Allen, and could be a good choice, but his second will show whether he reverts back to the VC proxy history, or that he has really learned from this last decade. If he has really learned, and he becomes a great owner of a great franchise, than this first 10 years will soon become a speck in Skins history.

firstdown 06-22-2010 04:52 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;708058]The best thing I can take from all of this is Snyder's attitude change. [B]If Allen/Shanahan fail, at least Snyder will know how a proper front office should operate[/B].[/quote]
Think about what you said. If they fail why would he think thats the way a front office should be run. We kind of said the same thing about Gibbs II.

tootergray34 06-22-2010 05:44 PM

love this, I compare them to the 92 basketball dream team...heeeyooooo

rbanerjee23 06-22-2010 05:53 PM

Let's temper the excitement and be cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season.

Trample the Elderly 06-22-2010 05:56 PM

If they don't win right away I'll not be pissed. 8-8 will be acceptable to me next season, as long as we keep improving and actually stand a chance of winning every single game we're in.