Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL Live top 5 receiver tandems (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13499)

hooskins 08-08-2006 04:29 PM

NFL Live top 5 receiver tandems

5 carolina
4dallas
3.cinci
2indy
1arizona

I agree with 1-3, but seriously dallas and carolina 4 and 5? I feel we should be 4 or 5. Even though Dallas has T.O., Glenn is still isn't amazing, but i'll give that because everyone sweats Dallas. Carolina should not be on this list over us. Lets look at it this way, S.Smith is a bit better than S.Moss, we all can agree with that. They added Keyshawn, an aging vet, who has been doing nothing be declining since his days in Tampa. Yes he is another desperately needed option for the Panther, but that still is not enough. We added not only one reciever but two, in Lloyd and AR-E. Lloyd lacks experience and hasnt done so well because of his team, and we all know how dangerous Randel-El can be. I think S.Smith+Keyshawn<S.Moss+Lloyd+AR-E. What do you all think?

FYI: this was taken from ESPN's NFL Live, so I do not have a link

gibbsisgod 08-08-2006 04:35 PM

Re: NFL Live top 5 reciever tandums(sp?)

"tandums" means 2 i think. i can see us being #6, and i am alright with that

hooskins 08-08-2006 04:37 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]"tandums" means 2 i think. i can see us being #6, and i am alright with that[/quote]

ah I see, two, then I guess I am ok with this.

hooskins 08-08-2006 04:38 PM

It is spelled tandem btw lol for all of you who wanted to know.

gibbsisgod 08-08-2006 04:53 PM

if we were to rank 1-10, who else would make your list?

skins,rams,denver,giants,saints.

jdlea 08-08-2006 04:57 PM

I don't think that right now Dallas has a better receiving corps than Denver. However, I could understand the argument that Javon Walker is coming off an injury so I guess that makes some sense to me. However, given the success Rod Smith and Javon Walker have had over their respective careers it's gonna be hard to sell me on the idea that TO and Terry Glenn are gonna put up bigger numbers than Walker and Smith.

dmek25 08-08-2006 06:11 PM

Re: NFL Live top 5 receiver tandems

carolina at #5? i wouldnt trade any of our receivers for keyshawn johnson

hooskins 08-08-2006 06:42 PM

[quote=dmek25;201634]carolina at #5? i wouldnt trade any of our receivers for keyshawn johnson[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking that too, I might trade Taylor Jacobs. I would def keep A.Cash..lol ever since the scrimmage I really like this guy.

SmootSmack 08-08-2006 06:47 PM

What about Randy Moss and Jerry Porter in Oakland?

RiggoRules 08-08-2006 06:50 PM

With Owens and Glenn banged up, maybe this is a ranking for tandem bikes.

hooskins 08-08-2006 06:54 PM

[quote=RiggoRules;201672]With Owens and Glenn banged up, maybe this is a ranking for tandem bikes.[/quote]

[IMG]http://www.nbc5i.com/2006/0803/9625380_240X180.jpg[/IMG]

jdlea 08-08-2006 10:18 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;201665]What about Randy Moss and Jerry Porter in Oakland?[/QUOTE]

I had the same thought when I initially read the list. However, I am under the assumption that they don't think Porter will be a Raider this season. I mean, he's taking a pretty firm stance about wanting to be traded and I don't even know if he's in camp right now.

On a side note...Have you seen JP this year? That kid is jacked up! He earned my respect last season when he hung onto the ball after ST gave him everything he had. I mean, I thought that was a wrap for the game and not only did Porter hang on, he came back into the game. I mean, he came off the field, but I was surprised he was able to return. That was one of the sickest hits I've seen ST lay on someone and he hung onto the ball and then later returned to the game. That has me taking my hat off to him.

However, I don't support his antics as of right now, but everybody's gotta make business decisions.

EternalEnigma21 08-08-2006 10:32 PM

I don't think we're number one, but I definately dont think TO and Glenn could be put in a category above us. If they're basing on numbers they should combine TO and glenns numbers last year... dont add up to much...

Pure numbers could be the only explaination for not mentioning Moss and Lloyd together... and Lloyd's starting QB for most of last year finished with like 1 td and 11 ints... right??

F the naysayers... our offense is loaded and they could put a drunk monkey at QB this year and have him heave balls blindly out there and we'd have at least 2 1000 yard recievers and a 1500 yd rusher....

EternalEnigma21 08-08-2006 10:33 PM

I don't think we're number one, but I definately dont think TO and Glenn could be put in a category above us. If they're basing on numbers they should combine TO and glenns numbers last year... dont add up to much...

Pure numbers could be the only explaination for not mentioning Moss and Lloyd together... and Lloyd's starting QB for most of last year finished with like 1 td and 11 ints... right??

F the naysayers... our offense is loaded and they could put a drunk monkey at QB this year and have him heave balls blindly out there and we'd have at least 2 1000 yard recievers and a 1500 yd rusher....

Pocket$ $traight 08-08-2006 10:37 PM

[quote=canthetuna;201736]I don't think we're number one, but I definately dont think TO and Glenn could be put in a category above us. If they're basing on numbers they should combine TO and glenns numbers last year... dont add up to much...

F the naysayers... our offense is loaded and they could put a drunk monkey at QB this year and have him heave balls blindly out there and we'd have at least 2 1000 yard recievers and a 1500 yd rusher....[/quote]

If you are going to judge the numbers accurately you would to project T.O.'s over a whole season. Last year he was on pace to have his best year ever and Glenn had a great year (for him). T.O.'s would have been better than Moss'. Lloyd had no QB, still put up some decent games, but fell way short of Glenn.

GTripp0012 08-09-2006 01:30 AM

[quote=TAFKAS;201665]What about Randy Moss and Jerry Porter in Oakland?[/quote]Porter has a weird situation. He hasnt produced and he is unhappy with his role. The potential there, but I wouldn't put the Raiders in the top ten since Porter isn't helping his team.

SmootSmack 08-09-2006 01:38 AM

One to watch out for this year could be Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. I think Carr will really step it up under Kubiak this year and he's got two good receivers to help him.

saden1 08-09-2006 01:58 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;201665]What about Randy Moss and Jerry Porter in Oakland?[/QUOTE]

Porter wants out of of Oakland, plus he is way up there in age.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves folks. We Brandon Lloyd as our #2 which isn't saying a lot. Keyshawn is prove even though he whine quite a bit. As for Dallas, Glen is certainly better than our #2, well, a surer player anyways.

SmootSmack 08-09-2006 02:02 AM

[QUOTE=saden1;201756]Porter wants out of of Oakland, plus he is way up there in age.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves folks. We Brandon Lloyd as our #2 which isn't saying a lot. Keyshawn is prove even though he whine quite a bit. As for Dallas, Glen is certainly better than our #2, well, a surer player anyways.[/QUOTE]

Porter just turned 28. That's not all that old. Plus he wanted out of Oakland last year too and he still put decent numbers. Granted, he's done better.

SmootSmack 08-09-2006 02:03 AM

[QUOTE=saden1;201756]Porter wants out of of Oakland, plus he is way up there in age.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves folks. We Brandon Lloyd as our #2 which isn't saying a lot. Keyshawn is prove even though he whine quite a bit. As for Dallas, Glen is certainly better than our #2, well, a surer player anyways.[/QUOTE]

Porter just turned 28. That's not all that old. Plus he wanted out of Oakland last year too and he still put decent numbers. Granted, he's done better (in terms of yards and touchdowns)

huntz 08-09-2006 02:47 AM

Ariz 1 with Fitz and Bolden, right? Just think you have to take into consideration where a "tandem" takes a team, and so far, Ariz "tandem" hasn't taken them anywhere! So how can they be ranked higher than Carolina or Dallas?

Redskins8588 08-09-2006 02:56 AM

[QUOTE=huntz;201762]Ariz 1 with Fitz and Bolden, right? Just think you have to take into consideration where a "tandem" takes a team, and so far, Ariz "tandem" hasn't taken them anywhere! So how can they be ranked higher than Carolina or Dallas?[/QUOTE]
Ok, but you are putting too much just on the receivers. Ari has not had an O-line since forever and lets not for get about not having a running game and yet Boldin and Fritzgerald still both put up 1400 yard seasons each. Given the state that the team is in that is still pretty amazing!!

huntz 08-09-2006 03:09 AM

Guess we will see if Fitz and Bolden are the best this season given James now on the team. Have they improved the O-line? And can Warner stay healthy until Linhert shows? It'll be worth watching.

Redskins8588 08-09-2006 03:17 AM

[QUOTE=huntz;201766]Guess we will see if Fitz and Bolden are the best this season given James now on the team. Have they improved the O-line? And can Warner stay healthy until Linhert shows? It'll be worth watching.[/QUOTE]

If anything one would think that James should do well with having two pro-bowl type recievers on the outside. I should open up some lanes for him, and they did draft that o-line man from USC. I agree that the big question is Warners durability...

dmek25 08-09-2006 07:09 AM

what the hecks going on with all the double postings?

freddyg12 08-09-2006 08:15 AM

[quote=TAFKAS;201665]What about Randy Moss and Jerry Porter in Oakland?[/quote]

damn good point, how did they miss them?

TheMalcolmConnection 08-09-2006 08:37 AM

[quote=canthetuna;201736]I don't think we're number one, but I definately dont think TO and Glenn could be put in a category above us. If they're basing on numbers they should combine TO and glenns numbers last year... dont add up to much...

F the naysayers... our offense is loaded and they could put a drunk monkey at QB this year and have him heave balls blindly out there and we'd have at least 2 1000 yard recievers and a 1500 yd rusher....[/quote]

Right. If they're not considering how crappy SAN FRANCISCO'S offense was when considering Lloyd, why not consider the fact TO only played a third of a season? Bullshit.

superskins 08-10-2006 05:37 PM

didn't espn rank them in the top 5 of the receiving category on sportscenter like a month ago?

Bandwagon 08-10-2006 06:11 PM

Aren't we looking at the wrong thing? What is this "tandem" crap? For you young whippersnappers who have brain freeze, we had the BEST trandam, just made that up, but I mean we had the best THREE, (3 for you folks in Rio Linda), best receivers in the league; Monk,Clark and Sanders (ask Denver). That's where we are today so forget about tandems! GO WITH THREE!

Pocket$ $traight 08-10-2006 07:52 PM

[quote=saden1;201756]Porter wants out of of Oakland, plus he is way up there in age.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves folks. We Brandon Lloyd as our #2 which isn't saying a lot. Keyshawn is prove even though he whine quite a bit. As for Dallas, Glen is certainly better than our #2, well, a surer player anyways.[/quote]

You rather have Terry Glenn than Brandon Lloyd? I completely disagree.

Lloyd makes catches that Glenn couldn't dream about and his whole career is in front of him. Glenn was washed up 3 years ago. Last year was a fluke.

4mrusmc 08-10-2006 09:43 PM

No, they are right. We have the best TRIO! Or quadro.

MightyJoeGibbs 08-10-2006 10:10 PM

[quote=jdlea;201626]I don't think that right now Dallas has a better receiving corps than Denver. However, I could understand the argument that Javon Walker is coming off an injury so I guess that makes some sense to me. However, given the success Rod Smith and Javon Walker have had over their respective careers it's gonna be hard to sell me on the idea that TO and Terry Glenn are gonna put up bigger numbers than Walker and Smith.[/quote]

Rod Smith didn't retire?? Thought he did.

Nope he still is there. Huh, oh well.

PSUSkinsFan21 08-11-2006 11:37 AM

[quote=4mrusmc;202320]No, they are right. We have the best TRIO! Or quadro.[/quote]

Actually I'd have to give the best trio to Indy. One year removed from all 3 guys having over 1000 yard seasons? That's pretty tough to beat.

EternalEnigma21 08-11-2006 10:26 PM

[quote=Grim21Reaper;201737]If you are going to judge the numbers accurately you would to project T.O.'s over a whole season. Last year he was on pace to have his best year ever and Glenn had a great year (for him). T.O.'s would have been better than Moss'. Lloyd had no QB, still put up some decent games, but fell way short of Glenn.[/quote]

So you're saying TO's season was circumstantial, but Lloyd's wasnt???

All things even and in current circumstances I think we have a better tandem at reciever. Mainly because we have 2 different types of recievers in Moss and Lloyd, who can open up a playbook with possibilities, where glenn and TO are pretty much the same body type, build and type of reciever.

I'm not at all saying TO and Glenn arent good, I just honestly think we're better. Brandon Lloyd will be widely heralded around here next season. jmho....

Pocket$ $traight 08-12-2006 01:29 AM

[quote=canthetuna;202668]So you're saying TO's season was circumstantial, but Lloyd's wasnt???

All things even and in current circumstances I think we have a better tandem at reciever. Mainly because we have 2 different types of recievers in Moss and Lloyd, who can open up a playbook with possibilities, where glenn and TO are pretty much the same body type, build and type of reciever.

I'm not at all saying TO and Glenn arent good, I just honestly think we're better. Brandon Lloyd will be widely heralded around here next season. jmho....[/quote]

I don't see it. I think that T.O. and Glenn are complete opposites. Fairy is not a possesion receiver as he only hurts you downfield. Glenn does not have what it takes to hurt you over the middle (see Dallas game). I would say that Moss' body type is closer to Glenn's than T.O.'s. T.O. is a beast and against most D.B.'s (not named B. Dawkins, or G. Reaper) he takes short passes creates space and is a threat on short, medium and deep plays. That is why T.O. is so good he can hurt a secondary in every way imaginable.

Moss and Glenn kill you with speed but Moss is definitely a step above Glenn. The wide reciever screen against K.C. last year completely changed how I viewed Moss. I knew that Moss could go over the top, but I didn't know that he was fast enough to create a bad angle for a safety. That play was disgusting.

Bottom line. T.O. is at least a tier better Moss and a few tiers better than Lloyd. I think that Moss and Lloyd are better than Glenn but not enough to give the edge to us.

NicknacK89 08-12-2006 03:07 AM

why dont we just keep flying under the radar?>? i love all this non-hype