Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins vs Packers post game thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54300)

12thMan 09-15-2013 05:10 PM

Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

The D played well. They got no help from the offense until the game was way out of reach. Tempo and rhythm is everything in the NFL.

That said, way too premature to write of the season. We could limp into the bye-week and still make this competitive.

Bright Spots:

Trent Williams
Ryan Kerrigan
Pierre Garcon

Evilgrin 09-15-2013 05:11 PM

This offensive line is not built to pass block, and it showed when Green Bay was trying to get pressure in the first half. They cannot pass protect against a good rush, not as a unit. However, I think it's probably good long term for Griff to face this now and start learning to beat it.

warriorzpath 09-15-2013 05:12 PM

The main problems with the offense are - RGIII not being sharp on passes and there are too many dropped and tipped passes for incompletions/interceptions. Maybe it's because they don't see tight coverage in practice because the Redskins dbs suck in practice and the receivers aren't used to seeing tight coverage that they get in the game.

The Redskins dbs don't give them the work that the receivers need. And when they get in the game, it's a lot harder. And at times, RGIII looks like he puts too much on the short passes.

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-15-2013 05:15 PM

Well. We are 1 game out of the lead in the East. We have played horrendous in both games and some how we're able to keep hope alive in the 4th. Last year Gruff was fearless and this year it isn't even close. He is scarred in the pocket and doesn't have his swagger from last year at all. His play making ability is nonexistent to this point and it is exposing a lot of the other problems we have.

We won't win a game if we keep spotting the other team 20+ points before we get on the board.

The rookies both got schooled and picked on all day by Rodgers.

I would imagine we will be spending some of our cash next year to upgrade both the secondary and online.

Chico23231 09-15-2013 05:17 PM

Haslett needs to come back down on the field and see this shit first hand. We are getting crushed on defense. Half the reason is the damn offense is shit. Special teams is shit as well. We get a f&ckin penalty on every f&ckin special team play we run.

Rg3 is not right. Mechanics are off and looks to be 70 percent.

What I'm really miffed about is the oline is getting pushed back at the point of attack almost every play. They are rarly in synch together winnin battles.

I can't believe our secondary is worse than last year but it is. Hall, Wilson, reed and merriwether should all be gone after this year. Bye guys it's been real. Fletcher last year as well

Meks 09-15-2013 05:21 PM

merriweather gone? lol the dudes already gone, he sees the game for less than 2 halves in 2 years and gets hurt... waste of a roster spot... but held onto cuz he play ok when hes in...

warriorzpath 09-15-2013 05:21 PM

I'm telling you, it starts with these passes that go incomplete with the receivers getting their hands on the ball.

donofriose 09-15-2013 05:23 PM

Without RG3 being completely healthy, all the other weaknesses on the Redskins have been exposed.
The Oline can run block but since the Skins have been down by 20 points they haven't been able to show it. They cannot protect any Quarterback in the pocket including RG3.
The Receivers are average at best as a group. Garçon is good but he would be a number 2 on a lot of other teams.
The defense front played well for 10 minutes in the first half. Kerrigan/Orakpo completely disappeared after that. The front 7 has given up more than 400 yards rushing the last two games.
If the front 7 doesn't get there the secondary is no where good enough to hold their own. Most teams want to draft rookies and bring them along throughout the season, but since the skins have no one else to start the Redskins are forced to start players who truly aren't ready yet.
Coaches have not seemed prepared compared to their opponents. There were times were Rogers pointed out who was blitzing and he was always right and was able to get a positive play. The Packer's defense looked like it knew what the Skins were going to do and were able to blow up the pocket pretty easily.
I really hope this team can turn it around but outside of RG3 all of a sudden becoming completely healthy I highly doubt that.

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-15-2013 05:24 PM

Fletcher has been poor. I don't know what you can do but rotating some guys in and out to give him a breather may be smart. He played great in our run last year but he is struggling to get up to speed this year and he isn't even tackling well when he gets a chance to be in the right spot.

Chico23231 09-15-2013 05:35 PM

[quote=12thMan;1025853]The D played well. They got no help from the offense until the game was way out of reach. Tempo and rhythm is everything in the NFL.

That said, way too premature to write of the season. We could limp into the bye-week and still make this competitive.

Bright Spots:

Trent Williams
Ryan Kerrigan
Pierre Garcon[/quote]

The d played well? Are you smoking crack?

CASKINS 09-15-2013 05:35 PM

Look RGIII is going to get injured but we aren't going to win games unless the coaching staff allows him to be RGIII

warriorzpath 09-15-2013 05:36 PM

[quote=12thMan;1025853]The D played well. They got no help from the offense until the game was way out of reach. Tempo and rhythm is everything in the NFL.

Bright Spots:

Trent Williams
Ryan Kerrigan
Pierre Garcon[/quote]

I agree that it's still premature, but they need to improve a lot and quickly.

I disagree that the defense played well. I don't think they did. Yes, they played well early with some stops and sacks, but played really poorly the entire game in coverage and tackling. The only one that played well the entire game, but became a nonfactor late (because they were down by so much) was Kerrigan. They really need to do something with the quick hitch routes that gets the receivers and running back on the edges and in open space.

warriorzpath 09-15-2013 05:40 PM

In coverage, it looks like - too much of the time - that the defensive backs and linebackers (mainly Fletcher) look lost and are looking around for where both the ball and the receivers are.

CRedskinsRule 09-15-2013 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;1025853]The D played well. They got no help from the offense until the game was way out of reach. Tempo and rhythm is everything in the NFL.

Bright Spots:

Trent Williams
Ryan Kerrigan
Pierre Garcon[/QUOTE]
You have to add Jordan Reed.

After two terrible games we are one game behind. Our defense needs to close the holes, and we need to let Merriweather go. We really were lucky not to get 2 15 yard penalties, but I expect he will see some heavy fines.

Whatever secrets they did after the bye last year they need to find some of that mojo. I still believe the offense will find its rhythm sooner than later...

BaltimoreSkins 09-15-2013 05:41 PM

2 and 2 at the bye. Less turnovers than last week. Robert a bit better than last week. While I was hoping for a better defensive and offensive showing I figured gb would beat them. They are one of the top 3 teams in nfc