Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Buttery Males Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64892)

mredskins 10-14-2021 12:23 PM

Re: The Buttery Males Thread

[quote=skinsfan69;1295545]I am not discounting it. As I said it is pretty low. [B]My point is these women didn't act like responsible adults by choosing to take off their shirts.[/B] .[/quote]

That is borderline saying " she wore a short skirt she deserved to be rape"

Do you not think people do things because they are chorused or threaten to do the act.

punch it in 10-14-2021 01:03 PM

The Buttery Males Thread

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;1295545]I am not discounting it. As I said it is pretty low. My point is these women didn't act like responsible adults by choosing to take off their shirts. .[/QUOTE]

Nevermind i think everyone else made the point here…

Giantone 10-14-2021 03:23 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1295545]I am not discounting it. As I said it is pretty low. My point is these women didn't act like responsible adults by choosing to take off their shirts. .[/quote]

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30874983/washington-football-team-former-cheerleaders-reach-settlement-lewd-videos[/url]

Washington Football Team, former cheerleaders reach settlement over lewd videos

The Washington Football Team reached a settlement with its former cheerleaders, who appeared in lewd videos made without their knowledge during swimsuit calendar photo shoots in 2008 and 2010.

Attorneys for both sides confirmed the settlement, which, one source said, was actually reached in 2020, though they declined to say exactly when. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed. The Washington Post first reported news of the settlement. There was no lawsuit filed.

There were two videos made from outtakes during those years in which some private parts were exposed. Certain props were used to shield those body parts and at times those props were insufficient.

The Washington Post detailed those shoots in August, with one former employee, Brad Baker, saying staffers were told to produce a video of this for owner Dan Snyder, who has denied that allegation. Baker worked in the franchise's broadcast department from 2007 to '09. The Post reported two other sources saying a similar video was produced at the behest of the team's former vice president and play-by-play announcer Larry Michael. He, too, has denied the allegation.

mredskins 10-14-2021 03:43 PM

[quote=Giantone;1295562][url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30874983/washington-football-team-former-cheerleaders-reach-settlement-lewd-videos[/url]

Washington Football Team, former cheerleaders reach settlement over lewd videos

The Washington Football Team reached a settlement with its former cheerleaders, who appeared in lewd videos made without their knowledge during swimsuit calendar photo shoots in 2008 and 2010.

Attorneys for both sides confirmed the settlement, which, one source said, was actually reached in 2020, though they declined to say exactly when. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed. The Washington Post first reported news of the settlement. There was no lawsuit filed.

There were two videos made from outtakes during those years in which some private parts were exposed. Certain props were used to shield those body parts and at times those props were insufficient.

The Washington Post detailed those shoots in August, with one former employee, Brad Baker, saying staffers were told to produce a video of this for owner Dan Snyder, who has denied that allegation. Baker worked in the franchise's broadcast department from 2007 to '09. The Post reported two other sources saying a similar video was produced at the behest of the team's former vice president and play-by-play announcer Larry Michael. He, too, has denied the allegation.[/quote]
Not to make a joke, but I could see Dan holding up a blade grass to sheiks the private parts but they started with palm branches and just worked down in size as the shot went on.

punch it in 10-14-2021 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=Giantone;1295562][url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30874983/washington-football-team-former-cheerleaders-reach-settlement-lewd-videos[/url]

The Washington Football Team reached a settlement with its former cheerleaders, who appeared in lewd videos made without their knowledge during swimsuit calendar photo shoots in 2008 and 2010.[/QUOTE]

All ya really need to know.
They are not in any way complicit nor were they acting inappropriate.

mooby 10-28-2021 06:34 AM

[url]https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/27/business-of-football-leaked-washington-emails?utm_source=recommendations&utm_medium=in-article&utm_campaign=end-of-story[/url]

Good read here - a week old - but good read from an insiders' perspective on the emails. The interesting part was this tidbit about why Bruce Allen was hired (hint; not for his football knowledge).

[quote=Andrew Brandt]
Allen was a master politician, and a favorite of many in power in the NFL through his stints in Oakland, Tampa and Washington. His father (George) was a highly successful coach in Washington; his brother was the governor of Virginia and, while Bruce was in the league, a U.S. senator. Snyder hired Allen to leverage those relationships—with Capitol Hill and with the league office—for the ultimate gain of WFT. The communications with Pash show Allen doing exactly what he was hired to do: gain a slight edge over other teams with Park Avenue.
[/quote]

AnonEmouse 10-28-2021 07:57 AM

[QUOTE=mooby;1297726][url]https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/27/business-of-football-leaked-washington-emails?utm_source=recommendations&utm_medium=in-article&utm_campaign=end-of-story[/url]

Good read here - a week old - but good read from an insiders' perspective on the emails. The interesting part was this tidbit about why Bruce Allen was hired (hint; not for his football knowledge).[/QUOTE]

That makes some sense but why give him the de facto GM role too? His football knowledge has already been shown up as severely lacking, so it would have made much more sense to hire a genuine GM under/alongside him. All goes to show to me that Snyder may be a savvy businessman and to some extent politician, but he doesn't (even after all these years) know squat about running a football team.

OnceWeWereKings 10-28-2021 08:04 AM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1297732]That makes some sense but why give him the de facto GM role too? His football knowledge has already been shown up as severely lacking, so it would have made much more sense to hire a genuine GM under/alongside him. All goes to show to me that Snyder may be a savvy businessman and to some extent politician, but he doesn't (even after all these years) know squat about running a football team.[/quote]

Because to Dan, this whole thing isn't about football at all. It's about maximizing profit margins and power.

mooby 10-28-2021 09:11 AM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1297732]That makes some sense but why give him the de facto GM role too? His football knowledge has already been shown up as severely lacking, so it would have made much more sense to hire a genuine GM under/alongside him. All goes to show to me that Snyder may be a savvy businessman and to some extent politician, but he doesn't (even after all these years) know squat about running a football team.[/quote]

I assume Dan hired Allen to be his 1B - as president Allen would be in charge of hiring the football people who know what they're doing. Which - my memory is a bit hazy - he did initially. Mike Shanahan probably got GM power while he was here. When he left and Gruden came in - Gruden got Scot Mccloughan. After that experiment failed Allen probably took GM power himself which eventually helped contribute to his departure.

SkinzWin 10-28-2021 10:49 PM

[quote=OnceWeWereKings;1297733]Because to Dan, this whole thing isn't about football at all. It's about maximizing profit margins and power.[/quote]

Bingo!