Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Case Keenum to the Skins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64341)

SFREDSKIN 03-07-2019 09:26 PM

Re: Case Keenum to the Skins

I'm probably the only one who likes this trade. Redskins didn't give shit to get him, he has thrown over 3k yards 3 years in a row (almost 4k last year), he took Minnesota to the playoffs. Denver's OL sucked last year not as good as Minnesota's 2 years ago.

[url]https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KeenCa00.htm[/url]

This is how you help Keenum:

With the 15th pick you trade down, get extra picks.

1st and 2nd rounds either you get a stud OG or WR, with the extra second rounder you get your young QB.

Rounds 3-7 nothing but D and TE, OLB, S, CB, MLB.

With drafting an OG, this line is going to be awesome with the exception of Moses who needs to get his shit together and protect Colt or Keenum whoever wins the QB competition.

Irrefutable 03-07-2019 09:33 PM

[quote=rocnrik;1219607]I like the move.. ask the Vikings about getting rid of Case for Kirk.. how did that work out! I must be crazy but I would say Keenum is better than a reach at a rookie .. Arizona traded up to take Rosen and most think he sucks.. well if you believe that then this move ain’t all bad.. I refuse to bitch about every move this team makes.. let em win the season opener and half of you guys will be back on the positive vibe!! Colt McCoy can’t and won’t be the QB that wins games for us .. Keenum is way better than McCoy! With that said .. maybe still try and get Rosen IF the price is right.. if you think about it getting Case May help to get Rosen because now we don’t have to be desperate..let’s see what AZ does now..[/quote]

They will probably draft another QB this year. McCoy and Keenum are free agents in 2020.

BaltimoreSkins 03-07-2019 09:40 PM

I would have preferred to use the 3.5 million on one of the many other holes this team has. If this team drafts a QB it will have money tied into at least 4 if not 5 QBs? AS, CM, CK, JJ and a rook?

Skinsfanatic 03-07-2019 09:44 PM

Jay (to Bruce): "We can't tank. You and I are gonna get fired if we lose a bunch of games this year."
Bruce: "Dan is not going to let us invest in a QB. We have too much already invested there. Plus, didn't you say you could win with Colt"
Jay: "I thought it was obvious I was kidding."
(SILENCE)

htownskinfan 03-07-2019 09:48 PM

Shit I called this a month ago, but I thought the Broncos would release him and we would be interested,Didn’t think we would trade for him

mredskins 03-07-2019 10:08 PM

Awful

rocnrik 03-07-2019 10:22 PM

[quote=mredskins;1219615]Awful[/quote]

What do you think the team should do at QB ?

skinsfaninok 03-07-2019 10:26 PM

Rosen is still very much in play folks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RobH4413 03-07-2019 10:26 PM

How is this even remotely a bad move? What is the down side? We swapped picks next year. We got him for nothing. All this is, is Mark Sanchez insurance so we aren't in chaos mode again.

This will not be our week 1 starter.

Irrefutable 03-07-2019 10:29 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1219612]I would have preferred to use the 3.5 million on one of the many other holes this team has. If this team drafts a QB it will have money tied into at least 4 if not 5 QBs? AS, CM, CK, JJ and a rook?[/quote]

JJ .... no guaranteed money... he will be cut

[url]https://overthecap.com/player/josh-johnson/2131/[/url]

Skinsfanatic 03-07-2019 10:33 PM

We didn't give up any draft picks (we only gave up a late round difference in position next year) and we picked up a quarterback who is either going to be a serviceable starter or a quality backup. And, he is on a cheap, one year contract.

I don't think you can argue this is a "bad" deal.

rocnrik 03-07-2019 10:39 PM

If next years starter beats out Keenum and McCoy in open competition then we should have a descent QB Corp.. you could do a lot worse than those two as backups!

Schneed10 03-07-2019 10:39 PM

If he plays well and earns a $15M year deal from some other team in 2020 he’ll bring a comp pick our way. Same goes for Colt actually. The Skins are smart to get guys affordably with at least some upside and let them play out their contract. It’s how you build up the comp picks. The Pats have been doing it for years.

skinsfan69 03-08-2019 12:11 AM

I really don't have a problem with Keenum. Colt simply can not be counted on to stay healthy. I just don't want either starting any games for us.

FrenchSkin 03-08-2019 03:38 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1219622]If he plays well and earns a $15M year deal from some other team in 2020 he’ll bring a comp pick our way. Same goes for Colt actually. The Skins are smart to get guys affordably with at least some upside and let them play out their contract. It’s how you build up the comp picks. The Pats have been doing it for years.[/quote]

Sheehan often describes Bruce Allen in free agency as the guy "that gets great deals on average players"... Seems it's also accurate about trades !