Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking..... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64355)

mooby 04-17-2019 09:34 PM

Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

What in the fuck did I miss while I was gone. R4E, who let you have access to the keyboard again?

Warthog 04-29-2019 04:39 PM

I doubt Smith will ever play again and his contract is written to pay him even if he doesn't play. So why risk another injury? He'll be Haskins mentor until Smith retires.

Burgold 04-30-2019 01:00 PM

Alex Smith...ain't comin back!!

los panda 04-30-2019 03:39 PM

But your wife said she expects him home any minute.

mooby 04-30-2019 05:09 PM

[quote=los panda;1223111]But your wife said she expects him home any minute.[/quote]

Legend has it Alex Smith will screw your wife and answer her call the next day.

Warthog 04-30-2019 10:33 PM

[quote=Burgold;1223101]Alex Smith...ain't comin back!![/quote]

BINGO! why come back when your contract pays you millions whether you play or not? Thank you Bruce Allen for another ridiculous cap decisions!

los panda 05-01-2019 12:30 AM

Ray ain't comin' home.

Sent from a payphone using Tapatalk

Buffalo Bob 05-01-2019 09:09 AM

[quote=Warthog;1223125]BINGO! why come back when your contract pays you millions whether you play or not? Thank you Bruce Allen for another ridiculous cap decisions![/quote]

With the price of quarterbacks going through the roof Alex was far from overpaid. Nothing wrong with the contract, not Allen's fault that Alex had a horrific injury.

CRedskinsRule 05-01-2019 09:12 AM

[quote=Warthog;1223125]BINGO! why come back when your contract pays you millions whether you play or not? Thank you Bruce Allen for another ridiculous cap decisions![/quote]

I have heard lots of people criticize BA for lots of things, but our cap has been well managed for the past 8 years. Also, I don't think BA is the direct responsibility on cap matters anyway.

Warthog 05-01-2019 05:23 PM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1223130]With the price of quarterbacks going through the roof Alex was far from overpaid. Nothing wrong with the contract, not Allen's fault that Alex had a horrific injury.[/quote]

I'm not blaming BA for Smith's injury. That's impossible to predict. But signing a "good" QB who is 35 for a big-dollar, five-year contract doesn't make sense to me. Bruce Allen signed Alex Smith because of all the heat he was taking for letting Kirk Cousins go. They should have let Kirk leave the team at the end of his contract, versus keeping him with one-year contract extensions for two seasons. That wasn't planning for the future.

Alex Smith was an old QB who had decent numbers, but who played for very good teams. The Redskins were a mediocre team. Bruce Allen's QB decisions weren't looking at the long-term but as if the Redskins were one season from being an elite team. There are times the team just has to bite the bullet and actually rebuild. But BA seems to be happy if the team is 7-9 year after year. That's why his record as our "GM" (or whatever you want to call him) is so poor.

GridIron26 06-21-2019 10:42 AM

Smith seems like he is not ready to give up on NFL career yet.. I don't see how this will work for Smith unless he is willing to back up Haskins or Redskins trade him away.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001034285/article/alex-smith-hopes-to-play-in-nfl-again-thats-the-plan[/url]

Buffalo Bob 06-21-2019 11:11 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1224859]Smith seems like he is not ready to give up on NFL career yet.. I don't see how this will work for Smith unless he is willing to back up Haskins or Redskins trade him away.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001034285/article/alex-smith-hopes-to-play-in-nfl-again-thats-the-plan[/url][/quote]

After that injury and at his age the odds are extremely slim he plays again. Even if that bone heals perfect there could be plenty of other issues, his leg was pretty mangled. I cringe thinking about it. He needs to move on to the next phase of his life.

MTK 06-21-2019 12:02 PM

If Smith wants to push to come back I say good for him and I wish him well. I don’t know why some want to kick dirt on him and say he should move on. That’s his decision to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalo Bob 06-21-2019 12:50 PM

[quote=MTK;1224861]If Smith wants to push to come back I say good for him and I wish him well. I don’t know why some want to kick dirt on him and say he should move on. That’s his decision to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Because we don't want to see him risk his long term health. How many NFL players suffer in their 50's and up for what they did to their bodies when they were younger.

Meks 06-21-2019 04:49 PM

It is his decision tho..