Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tupac or Biggie (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39532)

mlmpetert 10-29-2010 03:30 PM

Tupac or Biggie

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]One of the most hotly contested questions of all time. 2 people died (allegedly) over it. No matter if youre a rap fan or not you have to give them credit as 2 people who are regularly credited as the very best at what they did.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I think Tupac was (is) better by far. In my opinion one of the greatest singers and writers of all time no matter the genre of music. Biggie on the other hand had songs that sounded good, but didn’t have nearly as much substance to them.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]So do you prefer to Hit Em Up or Party and Bullshit?[/FONT][/COLOR]

SmootSmack 10-29-2010 03:36 PM

Re: Tupac or Biggie

This is like Manning or Brady. Hard to go wrong with either one.

Chico23231 10-29-2010 03:38 PM

Biggie hands down...Ready to Die is probably top 5 rap albums all time

SmootSmack 10-29-2010 03:42 PM

I would lean toward Biggie, but I like Tupac's stuff too. Even when he was with Digital Underground

hooskins 10-29-2010 03:43 PM

Big. Although I like Tu.

MTK 10-29-2010 03:52 PM

They were both great in their own right. Why do we have to choose?

hooskins 10-29-2010 03:54 PM

You don't have to choose, but if you do prefer one which one?

I prefer Party and Bullshit in the USA.

BleedBurgundy 10-29-2010 03:57 PM

is it 1996?

hooskins 10-29-2010 04:07 PM

Tupac is still alive.

saden1 10-29-2010 04:10 PM

No comparison...Pac by a landslide. Biggie never sang about anything worth caring about.

[yt]eRyV0qGQHPg[/yt]

SmootSmack 10-29-2010 04:23 PM

[quote=saden1;753532]No comparison...Pac by a landslide. Biggie never sang about anything worth caring about.

[yt]eRyV0qGQHPg[/yt][/quote]

I suppose...if you don't care about a man who was once so poor he could never picture Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis but rose to the ranks of some who would sip champagne when he was thirs-tay

12thMan 10-29-2010 04:25 PM

Pac.

itvnetop 10-29-2010 04:34 PM

Biggie, all day. I'm more of a form-over-content type of listener, anyway. Give me delivery and wordplay over some dude spitting about something complex without any semblance of flow (the latter doesn't include Pac, btw). And Biggie had flow for days. Plus in a battle, Biggie would tear Pac a new one 10 times out of 10. Improv is one of the true marks of an emcee, imo.

Bruised up from the pistol whipping
Webs on the neck from the necklace stripping
Then I'm dipping up the block and I'm robbing bitches too
Up the herring bones and bamboos
I wouldn't give a **** if you're pregnant
Give me the baby rings and the #1 MOM pendant

The #1 Mom pendant! Shit was cake in 94.

But I will say that Pac definitely had the larger cultural impact... they even had a class on him at Berkeley, I think. Dude was a talented writer.

MTK 10-29-2010 04:34 PM

Biggie. East Coast.

mooby 10-29-2010 04:57 PM

I love both but I gotta go with Pac. It's a damn shame it had to go to that. Both were better than pretty much everybody today, as much as I like Lil' Wayne and Eminem I still think Biggie and Pac had a bigger impact and were better without a doubt.

Warren85Ellard 10-29-2010 05:15 PM

Eazy E over both.

saden1 10-29-2010 06:05 PM

What does Glen Williams think?

SmootSmack 10-29-2010 06:21 PM

[quote=saden1;753555]What does Glen Williams think?[/quote]

He would say "Your all ridiculous. Don't you know Tupac and Biggie were shot and killed. They're not still rapping, you morons. Wanna play Madden?"

Hog1 10-29-2010 07:27 PM

[quote=Mattyk;753523]They were both great in their own right.[SIZE=4] Why do we have to choose?[/SIZE][/quote]
....We're Skins fans! It's what we do. One side is happy, the other side is sad.....infighting and unrest forever.
It's the Code......

CrazyCanuck 10-29-2010 08:21 PM

[quote=Mattyk;753538]Biggie. East Coast.[/quote]

:headbange

CrazyCanuck 10-29-2010 08:22 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;753557]He would say "Your all ridiculous. Don't you know Tupac and Biggie were shot and killed. They're not still rapping, you morons. Wanna play Madden?"[/quote]

:lol:

CrazyCanuck 10-29-2010 08:26 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;753557]He would say "[B]Your[/B] all ridiculous. Don't you know Tupac and Biggie were shot and killed. They're not still rapping, you morons. Wanna play Madden?"[/quote]

PS - Is the above error yours or GW's? ;)

GMScud 10-29-2010 08:42 PM

[quote=itvnetop;753537]Biggie, all day. I'm more of a form-over-content type of listener, anyway. Give me delivery and wordplay over some dude spitting about something complex without any semblance of flow (the latter doesn't include Pac, btw). And Biggie had flow for days. Plus in a battle, Biggie would tear Pac a new one 10 times out of 10. Improv is one of the true marks of an emcee, imo.

Bruised up from the pistol whipping
Webs on the neck from the necklace stripping
Then I'm dipping up the block and I'm robbing bitches too
Up the herring bones and bamboos
I wouldn't give a **** if you're pregnant
Give me the baby rings and the #1 MOM pendant

The #1 Mom pendant! Shit was cake in 94.

But I will say that Pac definitely had the larger cultural impact... they even had a class on him at Berkeley, I think. Dude was a talented writer.[/quote]

^This. Biggie was a far, far superior lyricist. It's not even close really.

Since it's on I called my ni**a Arizona Ron from Tuscon, pushed the black Yukon
Usually had the slows grooves on, mostly rocked the Isley's, stupid as a youngin chose not his moves wisely
Sharpened the game, him and jooks called the crooks, murder was sweet, bout 350 piece
Ron bought a truck, two bricks, laid in the cut, his peeps got bucked, got locked the f*ck up
That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish, lavish habits, two rings, 20 carats
Here's a criminal, ni**a made America's Most, killed his baby mother's brother, slit his throat...

Man, I love Biggie.

SmootSmack 10-29-2010 08:47 PM

[quote=CrazyCanuck;753567]PS - Is the above error yours or GW's? ;)[/quote]

Ha, not mine. Had to be authentic

over the mountain 10-30-2010 01:15 AM

really? ezy e over biggie or tupac? gimma that nut was cool n all but dang.

i aint readin this thread until mon morning when iget paid to search post on warpath but this is hard call. i just erased my long rant on this.

this is way too much to consider right now, im gonna have to weigh in on later

mlmdub130 10-31-2010 01:00 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;753511][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]One of the most hotly contested questions of all time. 2 people died (allegedly) over it. No matter if youre a rap fan or not you have to give them credit as 2 people who are regularly credited as the very best at what they did.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I think Tupac was (is) better by far. In my opinion one of the greatest singers and writers of all time no matter the genre of music. Biggie on the other hand had songs that sounded good, but didn’t have nearly as much substance to them.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]So do you prefer to Hit Em Up or Party and Bullshit?[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

seriously???? how many times do i have to tell u [SIZE="5"][B]IT'S MURDA![/B][/SIZE] ja rule fo lyfe bitch

GusFrerotte 10-31-2010 02:38 AM

[quote=saden1;753532]No comparison...Pac by a landslide. Biggie never sang about anything worth caring about.

[yt]eRyV0qGQHPg[/yt][/quote]

Neither did Tupac.

Nomad 10-31-2010 03:58 AM

Pac!!!!!

saden1 10-31-2010 09:15 AM

[quote=GusFrerotte;753628]Neither did Tupac.[/quote]

I can't help you.

SmootSmack 10-31-2010 09:27 AM

Ironically the Tupac and Biggie movie was on Current TV last night

Chico23231 10-31-2010 12:17 PM

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMyr87RQlg]YouTube - The Notorious B.I.G. & Lil' Cease - Wake Up Show Freestyle[/url]

Saved in my favs for youtube...must see for Biggie fans

firstdown 11-01-2010 11:36 AM

Both are scum and never figured out why people glorified their life. I see football players called scum here for allot less. I guess maybe NFL players are held to a higher standard then MTV. No telling how many kids copied them and are dead today or have killed coping them.

Monkeydad 11-01-2010 12:08 PM

[quote=firstdown;754786]Both are scum and never figured out why people glorified their life. I see football players called scum here for allot less. I guess maybe NFL players are held to a higher standard then MTV. No telling how many kids copied them and are dead today or have killed coping them.[/quote]

I'd have to agree with this completely.

MTK 11-01-2010 12:11 PM

We're talking about their music, not their personal lives.

Monkeydad 11-01-2010 12:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk;754819]We're talking about their music, not their personal lives.[/quote]

Can we really separate them? Their lyrics included the same glorification of drugs, sex, murder and violence as their lifestyles.

[url=http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tupac/ambitionz_az_a_ridah.html]Tupac - Ambitionz Az A Ridah Lyrics[/url]

[url=http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tupac/enemies_with_me.html]Tupac - Enemies With Me Lyrics[/url]

[url=http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/n/notorious_big/dead_wrong.html]Notorious B.i.g. - Dead Wrong Lyrics[/url]

[url=http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/n/notorious_big/gimme_the_loot.html]Notorious B.i.g. - Gimme The Loot Lyrics[/url]

firstdown 11-01-2010 12:16 PM

[quote=Mattyk;754819]We're talking about their music, not their personal lives.[/quote]

Would you want guys like that on the Redskins?

Monkeydad 11-01-2010 12:17 PM

[quote=firstdown;754829]Would you want guys like that on the Redskins?[/quote]

I think the football equivalents would be Pacman Jones and Lawrence Phillips.

hooskins 11-01-2010 12:24 PM

What would say about songs like Changes(Tupac)? Just ignore those, huh?

MTK 11-01-2010 12:28 PM

[quote=Buster;754825]Can we really separate them? Their lyrics included the same glorification of drugs, sex, murder and violence as their lifestyles.

[URL="http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tupac/ambitionz_az_a_ridah.html"]Tupac - Ambitionz Az A Ridah Lyrics[/URL]

[URL="http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tupac/enemies_with_me.html"]Tupac - Enemies With Me Lyrics[/URL]

[URL="http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/n/notorious_big/dead_wrong.html"]Notorious B.i.g. - Dead Wrong Lyrics[/URL]

[URL="http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/n/notorious_big/gimme_the_loot.html"]Notorious B.i.g. - Gimme The Loot Lyrics[/URL][/quote]

Their songs also reflected their backgrounds and upbringing. Reality often isn't a pleasant thing to look at or hear about.

MTK 11-01-2010 12:32 PM

[quote=firstdown;754829]Would you want guys like that on the Redskins?[/quote]

Irrelevant.

I can appreciate the art even though I may not agree with the lifestyle of the artist. Again we're talking about two separate things.