Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=28913)

That Guy 03-16-2009 08:14 PM

Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

... one minute...

edit: yeah, rey's the obvious choice. if he were gone i'm not sure i'd go cushing though, lemme see what else would be available.

more than likely someone takes a QB so another choice is free though.

The Goat 03-16-2009 08:17 PM

[quote=GMScud;537414]If I had to choose between Maualuga and Cushing a thousand times, I would take Maualuga... a thousand times.[/quote]

Ditto. But if Rey is gone and Cushing/Matthews are still available (Matthews will be almost for certain) i'd take Matthews :)

KI Skins Fan 03-16-2009 08:18 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;537412]Hmm, I might have to switch Maualuga and Cushing halfway though, just to see what that would create. I'm guessing a lot of the Maualuga picks probably want him because he was responsible for Cushing's college production.

Carry on though, this response is certainly stronger than I expected this quickly.

If you have already answered, and you went with Rey-Rey, I'm wondering how you would pick if the Bills went with Maualuga instead of Cushing.[/quote]

I'd also have to go with Rey Maualuga. To me, he would clearly be the best player available.

If the Bills took Maualuga, I don't think that I'd take Cushing. I might, but I'd strongly consider taking Mack or I might freak out the entire Redskins Nation by taking Beanie Wells. I guess I'd take Mack, assuming that he can play either C or G. It gets a lot harder with Rey-Rey gone.

The Goat 03-16-2009 08:22 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;537420]I'd also have to go with Rey Maualuga. To me, he would clearly be the best player available.

If the Bills took Maualuga, I don't think that I'd take Cushing. I might, but I'd strongly consider taking Mack [B]or I might freak out the entire Redskins Nation by taking Beanie Wells[/B]. I guess I'd take Mack, assuming that he can play either C or G. It gets a lot harder with Rey-Rey gone.[/quote]

LOL KI i thought of that too. Most of us around here would go AWOL...

That Guy 03-16-2009 08:24 PM

i think i'd skip maybin, since he's not big enough at DE and we're not running a 3-4.

I think if rey went where cushing was, i'd try to trade down and take mack i guess (or lauranitis)... jenkins is slow, we don't really need davis, DHB is good, but unlike crabtree, he's not a 100% guarantee and we have other needs.

GTripp0012 03-16-2009 08:32 PM

NOTICE: I'm going to switch Maualuga and Cushing. I really think he will be available when we pick. However, and I can't blame you guys for taking him, Rey's running away with this informal poll right now.

Brian Cushing is re-available.

If you already went for Rey, feel free to get back in on this one!

MeanEvilSkin 03-16-2009 08:33 PM

Rey Mauluga. He has the potential to be really special at his position. You've got to take a player like that when you get the chance. THink about looking back at this draft in four years. He'll be a standout.

I know I've been high on drafting O-Line for quite a while, but I think we've taken some steps to address that.

For those that want Alez Mack, he WILL be available in the 2nd. If we want him, trade down. And, no, I didn't violate this thread's NO TRADE DOWN CLAUSE! :postcop:

djnemo65 03-16-2009 08:42 PM

Gotta be a homer and go with Aaron Maybin.

blufan67 03-16-2009 09:31 PM

Mathews way over Cushing, Mathews will be superior over any OLB other than Curry

wilsowilso 03-16-2009 09:40 PM

It's too high for him, but I will also go ahead and pick Alex Mack. He has a much lower bust potential than almost anyone left and I think Rabach stinks.

This draft class is pretty piss poor overall.

J-Soup Rocks 03-16-2009 09:44 PM

Since Rey is gone at 11, draft Maybin.

GridIron26 03-16-2009 09:51 PM

Mack - like I said in another thread; he is almost guaranteed to be a stud C, which we will need for years to come.. Especially within few years, due to 3-4 defense becoming popular..

Rey sounds tempting, but we already have Fletcher.. Plus we have Blades, who is supposed to take over once Fletcher is gone.. He has been pretty solid every chance he played.. So

SmootSmack 03-16-2009 10:00 PM

Good thread, tough choices left. Matthews, Cushing, Maybin, Mack? All possible choices I'd be fairly content with, I still like Duke Robinson a lot too (though 13 might be a tad too high)...but the more I've watched of Laurinaitis lately...whatever it is, he has it. He's like the White London Fletcher, except he'd play the WILL

Plus, we'd have Animal on our side

Nflnick11 03-16-2009 10:07 PM

I have no idea y people like laurinatis, I see a bust, and no , he doesn't have "it". He does have slowness though and is a big nice "PASS" for me (same with marcus freeman)...I'll take pretty much any other LB over the two Ohio state LBs

SmootSmack 03-16-2009 10:21 PM

[quote=Nflnick11;537460]I have no idea y people like laurinatis, I see a bust, and no , he doesn't have "it". He does have slowness though and is a big nice "PASS" for me (same with marcus freeman)...I'll take pretty much any other LB over the two Ohio state LBs[/quote]

We'll agree to disagree then. I thought he'd be a bust also, until I watched a bunch of game tape