Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Assault charges against Montae Nicholson dropped (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64381)

MTK 05-14-2019 10:25 AM

Assault charges against Montae Nicholson dropped

[url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/14/assault-charges-against-montae-nicholson-dropped/[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GridIron26 05-14-2019 10:33 AM

Re: Assault charges against Montae Nicholson dropped

I suppose this explains Redskins' lack of activity for FS players during the off-season? I really hope Nicholson will step up this year.

Chico23231 05-14-2019 10:36 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1223679]I suppose this explains Redskins' lack of activity for FS players during the off-season? I really hope Nicholson will step up this year.[/quote]

Per multiple folks, they were hunting for FS prospects in the draft. Apparently there were several they really liked.

But this is great news for Monte...now can he stay healthy, which has been a big issue for him. He's gotta be the starter at this point.

sevier2 05-14-2019 11:27 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1223681]Per multiple folks, they were hunting for FS prospects in the draft. Apparently there were several they really liked.

But this is great news for Monte...now can he stay healthy, which has been a big issue for him. He's gotta be the starter at this point.[/quote]

He definitely should be the starter unless somebody comes in and wow's the coaches.

So as of now the secondary looks like it'll be; Nicholson/Collins at Safety. Norman/Dunbar at CB with Fabian at nickel? I like that.

Stroman also got a lot of valuable play time last year and would serve as a quality back-up.

If our Secondary can play UP to their potential [I]CONSISTENTLY[/I] we very well may have a formidable defense this year.

skinsfaninok 05-14-2019 11:34 AM

He was solid when he was healthy so we will see

Schneed10 05-14-2019 12:04 PM

He wasn't solid last year. They traded for Ha Ha [I]because[/I] he wasn't solid.

This is a good ruling for him assuming the NFL won't still suspend him anyway. It lets him focus on football. But that doesn't mean he'll be good at it. He made a lot of mental mistakes last year and took poor angles. He'll need to be in the books and on the practice field to correct all of those things.

dmek25 05-14-2019 12:25 PM

a good pass rush makes them all better. lets hope we have that

sdskinsfan2001 05-14-2019 01:00 PM

Give me rookie Montae.

Still want Boston though.

Ruhskins 05-14-2019 01:15 PM

As long as he doesn't do dumb shit like he did in the Saints game, I'm cool with him being the FS.

skinsfaninok 05-14-2019 02:29 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1223695]He wasn't solid last year. They traded for Ha Ha [I]because[/I] he wasn't solid.

This is a good ruling for him assuming the NFL won't still suspend him anyway. It lets him focus on football. But that doesn't mean he'll be good at it. He made a lot of mental mistakes last year and took poor angles. He'll need to be in the books and on the practice field to correct all of those things.[/quote]

He got hurt too but I'm just hoping he is a quality starter

FrenchSkin 05-14-2019 02:51 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1223695]He wasn't solid last year. They traded for Ha Ha [I]because[/I] he wasn't solid.

This is a good ruling for him assuming the NFL won't still suspend him anyway. It lets him focus on football. But that doesn't mean he'll be good at it. He made a lot of mental mistakes last year and took poor angles. He'll need to be in the books and on the practice field to correct all of those things.[/quote]

I think the nasty concussion he suffered on that Pierre Garçon hit got him scared. It felt like he was playing scared last year. I hope he can overcome that because he showed tremendous potential during his rookie season.

MTK 05-15-2019 02:39 PM

Hopefully Nicholson takes advantage of this opportunity. Skins could have easily moved on and nobody would have blamed them. He's got the chance to turn things around and earn a nice 2nd contract.

NYCskinfan82 05-15-2019 05:39 PM

[quote=MTK;1223740]Hopefully Nicholson takes advantage of this opportunity. Skins could have easily moved on and nobody would have blamed them. He's got the chance to turn things around and earn a nice 2nd contract.[/quote]

Very true, not everyone gets a 2nd chance.

httr198020 05-15-2019 09:14 PM

How hard is it to stay out of trouble? I really don't understand how these millionaires keep finding themselves in trouble. Are they not smart enough to realize they have everything to lose by being a moron?

skinsfan69 05-15-2019 09:21 PM

Montae has shown zero ability to stay healthy so he really can't be counted on.