Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Football League ? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64325)

Giantone 02-08-2019 09:07 PM

New Football League ?

Anyone going to watch this Saturday?

Wasn't sure were to put this so move if need be.:)

MTK 02-08-2019 09:59 PM

Re: New Football League ?

I’ll check it out, why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 02-08-2019 11:22 PM

[quote=Giantone;1218696]Anyone going to watch this Saturday?

Wasn't sure were to put this so move if need be.:)[/quote]

Going to Fleet's 1st home game next Sunday.

Buffalo Bob 02-09-2019 09:12 AM

I will watch, I would watch peewee football if they put it on TV. I really don't care about the level of competition as long as the games aren't blow outs.

Buffalo Bob 02-10-2019 08:04 AM

I actually had a reason to root for Orlando against Atlanta last night. Matt Simms, son of Phil "I won't say Redskins" Simms plays for Atlanta, so it was good to seem Phil's son stink it up. Other than his thoughts on the nickname Redskins I never could stand his consistent babble about nothing while calling games. He did get replaced by another motor mouth in Romo, but at least Romo has something worthwhile to say at times, Simms never did.

Giantone 02-10-2019 08:25 AM

I didn't realize it was a farm league for the NFL . Some of these guys have come off of NFL team and practice squads and will go right back there in the spring.

sdskinsfan2001 02-10-2019 10:13 AM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1218706]I actually had a reason to root for Orlando against Atlanta last night. Matt Simms, son of Phil "I won't say Redskins" Simms plays for Atlanta, so it was good to seem Phil's son stink it up. Other than his thoughts on the nickname Redskins I never could stand his consistent babble about nothing while calling games. He did get replaced by another motor mouth in Romo, but at least Romo has something worthwhile to say at times, Simms never did.[/quote]

Phil Simms is one of those I won't say Redskins guys? Another reason to hate that blithering idiot. ESPN always has Bill Barnwell articles, he's another woke duesche bag. Look at me I'm down with the cause, I won't say Redskins, even though I just started this policy a couple years ago and have no real reason why I won't say it because I'm a little lemming pussy.

Buffalo Bob 02-10-2019 12:34 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1218709]Phil Simms is one of those I won't say Redskins guys? Another reason to hate that blithering idiot.[/quote]

[URL="https://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-phil-simms-redskins-0926-20140925-story.html"]https://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-phil-simms-redskins-0926-20140925-story.html[/URL]

sdskinsfan2001 02-10-2019 12:40 PM

White people like Phil Simms are telling 90% of Native Americans that they are too stupid to know what they should be offended by, so as the smart white man he and others will be offended for them. Now that's racism.

SFREDSKIN 02-10-2019 04:25 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1218709]Phil Simms is one of those I won't say Redskins guys? Another reason to hate that blithering idiot. ESPN always has Bill Barnwell articles, he's another woke duesche bag. Look at me I'm down with the cause, I won't say Redskins, even though I just started this policy a couple years ago and have no real reason why I won't say it because I'm a little lemming pussy.[/quote]

He’s a PUSSY!! REDSKINS ALL THE TIME!!

SkinzWin 02-10-2019 05:01 PM

I enjoyed watching the game last night. Ol’ ball coach was hobbling around giving Atlanta all the fun ‘n gun they could handle. Really enjoyed it. Read an article that said it had higher ratings on CBS than the NBA games on. LOL.

I would really love to see this expand in a partnership with the NFL so each NFL team has a farm team like in baseball. People would really buy into it then.

DYoungJelly 02-10-2019 05:21 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;1218714]I enjoyed watching the game last night. Ol’ ball coach was hobbling around giving Atlanta all the fun ‘n gun they could handle. Really enjoyed it. Read an article that said it had higher ratings on CBS than the NBA games on. LOL.

I would really love to see this expand in a partnership with the NFL so each NFL team has a farm team like in baseball. People would really buy into it then.[/quote]

I love the farm team idea. The current system has no room for development and adaptation.

The big difference between football and baseball is wear and tear, and injuries but the concept is solid.

skinsfaninok 02-10-2019 09:34 PM

It's not bad honestly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Redskins247 02-11-2019 09:19 AM

[quote=SkinzWin;1218714]I enjoyed watching the game last night. Ol’ ball coach was hobbling around giving Atlanta all the fun ‘n gun they could handle. Really enjoyed it. Read an article that said it had higher ratings on CBS than the NBA games on. LOL.

[B]I would really love to see this expand in a partnership with the NFL so each NFL team has a farm team like in baseball[/B]. People would really buy into it then.[/quote]

This! I think it would be such a win for the NFL...it can only improve the NFL so why not embrace it. A win/win for players and coaches coming up. I think a lot of players will get a chance or even a second chance in the NFL based on their play in this league.

irish 02-11-2019 09:42 AM

[quote=Redskins247;1218724]This! I think it would be such a win for the NFL...it can only improve the NFL so why not embrace it. A win/win for players and coaches coming up. I think a lot of players will get a chance or even a second chance in the NFL based on their play in this league.[/quote]

The reason the NFL wont do it is because they already have a farm system (college) that develops NFL talent free of charge. The owners aren't going to pay for something they already get for free.

I watched more of the AAF than I thought I would and enjoyed it. I will keep watching.