Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL week 5 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64887)

MTK 10-06-2021 02:27 PM

Around the NFL week 5

[URL="https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/06/washington-signing-jace-sternberger-off-seattle-practice-squad-logan-thomas-to-ir/"]Washington signing Jace Sternberger off Seattle practice squad, Logan Thomas to IR[/URL]

MTK 10-06-2021 02:28 PM

Re: Around the NFL week 5

Losing Logan definitely hurts, hopefully Samuel can continue to increase his workload and pick up the slack.

Chico23231 10-06-2021 02:30 PM

Damn…losing Thomas is big.

GridIron26 10-06-2021 03:31 PM

Big ouch.. It will be interesting to see how the offense do without Thomas, and I hope it will means Bates will get more playing opportunities. I'm curious about him.

skinsfaninok 10-06-2021 03:47 PM

yeah of course Thomas goes down... This team has the worst luck man

Chico23231 10-06-2021 08:29 PM

Washington did have interest.
Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 3h
Source: The Packers are, in fact, the likely landing spot for former #Cowboys Pro Bowl LB Jaylon Smith. They are finalizing details.

Per Keim, Skins has interest

calia 10-06-2021 10:09 PM

If we signed Smith, Dallas would be paying his salary to play against them and you have to imagine how motivated he’d be. Not saying he cures our defensive ills, but that would motivate a fella I’d wager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punch it in 10-06-2021 10:14 PM

Around the NFL week 5

Let’s hope it is only 4 weeks for LT. He is definitely not the dude we needed getting dinged up, but at least it isn’t season ending.

JGisLordOfTheRings 10-07-2021 10:08 AM

We fact we couldnt get Smith to even answer a call from us is telling. Still the biggest joke franchise in the league, we are fucking laughable.

GridIron26 10-07-2021 10:46 AM

[quote=JGisLordOfTheRings;1294314]We fact we couldnt get Smith to even answer a call from us is telling. Still the biggest joke franchise in the league, we are fucking laughable.[/quote]

Where did you read that from?

MTK 10-07-2021 11:09 AM

Last I heard there was mutual interest with J. Smith and the team, but he was leaning GB from the start.

JGisLordOfTheRings 10-07-2021 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1294318]Last I heard there was mutual interest with J. Smith and the team, but he was leaning GB from the start.[/QUOTE]Cant really blame him honestly. Despite our record, GB and WFT are playing different sports altogether.

Chief X_Phackter 10-07-2021 02:25 PM

I'm not heart broken that there hasn't been a knee-jerk reaction to bring someone in at LB after Bostic's injury. It's quite possible that forcing J Davis to play more snaps and getting Hudson in there on occasion will be an in-house upgrade. If it isn't though, and they are still riding the struggle bus on Sunday, I think the position has to be addressed - either by plucking someone off a practice squad or making a trade.

MTK 10-07-2021 02:39 PM

[quote=JGisLordOfTheRings;1294320]Cant really blame him honestly. Despite our record, GB and WFT are playing different sports altogether.[/quote]

Not many teams have a QB like A Rod, he alone practically guarantees them a shot to go deep into the playoffs.

GridIron26 10-07-2021 03:37 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1294348]I'm not heart broken that there hasn't been a knee-jerk reaction to bring someone in at LB after Bostic's injury. It's quite possible that forcing J Davis to play more snaps and getting Hudson in there on occasion will be an in-house upgrade. If it isn't though, and they are still riding the struggle bus on Sunday, I think the position has to be addressed - either by plucking someone off a practice squad or making a trade.[/quote]

Agreed. I'm assuming that the coaches were content with our current LB group on the roster based on their lack of interests in the LB market last offseason, so I want to find out why they are satisfied with our current LB group.