Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Any New Music Selections? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29203)

redsk1 04-06-2009 04:00 PM

Any New Music Selections?

I need some suggestions from some fellow Warpathers. I've been trying to start listening to some new music lately, something different. I'm 35 and have been thru the whole late 80's/90's thing and am looking for some new bands to check out. I've recently gotten into a couple bands like the Drive By Truckers and Kings of Leon. I like a wide variety of music but prefer some guitar based rock. I'm a little over the harder stuff but do occasionally like some Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, etc. Any suggestions?

Schneed10 04-06-2009 04:07 PM

Re: Any New Music Selections?

My favs:

Modest Mouse
Guster
Better Than Ezra
Tool
Coldplay
The Killers
Green Day

Trample the Elderly 04-06-2009 04:16 PM

Baroness
Cephus & Wiggins
Shooter Jennings
Skeleton Witch
The Sounds

I like to go onto Fine Tune.com to get a few songs here and there instead of buying the whole album. So few albums are worth buying these days.

ArtMonkDrillz 04-06-2009 04:17 PM

Go to pandora.com and set up an account. I've found that it's a good way to find new bands.

Modest Mouse is my favorite band. Some of their stuff can be a little out there so it's not for everyone, but I love it. Lately I've been listening to the band Spoon and The Raconteurs a lot.

MTK 04-06-2009 04:40 PM

Check out My Morning Jacket

BDBohnzie 04-06-2009 04:44 PM

I use both Pandora and Last.fm to find new music...I'm all over the place when it comes to music. In tune with some more modern stuff, I do like The Fratellis, Carolina Liar, Coconut Records, North Mississippi Allstars, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Kaiser Chiefs, Supergrass, Lupe Fiasco, Clutch, cKy, Pepper, Slightly Stoopid, Skindred, Army of Anyone, MGMT...if you like mashups, check out Jimmi Jammes, Loo & Placido, Party Ben, Go Home Productions...

GMScud 04-06-2009 04:58 PM

I like ALL kinds of music. In the evenings it's been a lot of jazz lately.

But lately I've been listening to a lot of:

The Fray
Coldplay
The Killers
The Roots
Mos Def
Sublime
Jack Johnson

RobH4413 04-07-2009 08:33 AM

I've been getting into some more "Indi" (whatever that means) sounding stuff lately.

Not totally sure what your into, but here's some random choices... Just scrolling through my Itunes for a second.

The Raconteurs (Their new album is ridiculous)
MGMT
Vampire Weekend
Atmosphere (solid hip Hop)
P.O.S.
Spoon
The Streets
Menomena (The entire friend and foe cd is phenomenal... its kind of melancholy, but really good.)

MTK 04-07-2009 09:04 AM

Vampire Weekend is good shit

djnemo65 04-07-2009 09:35 AM

Vampire Weekend is solid. If you are into harder stuff like RATM I heard the new Mastodon EP is really exellent. I dl'd but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-07-2009 10:11 AM

well only 20 so

Alter Bridge
AFI
Chevelle
Paramore
Foo Fighters and Shinedown isnt really new so

dblanch66 04-07-2009 10:15 AM

Elbow
Glasvegas
Fleet Foxes
Doves
Santogold

saden1 04-07-2009 10:23 AM

Britney Spears' new album is off the chain son.

MTK 04-07-2009 10:30 AM

[quote=djnemo65;543841]Vampire Weekend is solid. If you are into harder stuff like RATM I heard the new Mastodon EP is really exellent. I dl'd but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.[/quote]

I've heard good things about the new Mastodon too but haven't checked it out yet.

saden1 04-07-2009 10:41 AM

Seriously though, I find me listening to K'naan's Troubadour album a bit. He on the Madden sound track with song called ABC's.