Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How many games this season will McNabb play? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36736)

SolidSnake84 05-24-2010 12:06 PM

How many games this season will McNabb play?

This is not a post to bash McNabb or anything like that. This is just an honest question that i have been pondering. McNabb is obviously a quality QB but he has his durability concerns...This is just a thread to ask "what if"?

I think Donovan will play at least 12 games for us this year. I think if we somehow get a playoff berth, we may rest him down the stretch to preserve him, if he is not already banged up by then. If the line is as bad as it is last season, then we face the real issue of Donovan playing in only 6 or 8 games...

What do the rest of you think? will McNabb make it a whole season here?

Hog1 05-24-2010 12:30 PM

Re: How many games this season will McNabb play?

19?
[B]By[/B] in the first round?

hooskins 05-24-2010 12:34 PM

12 is a good number. But who else do we have to take his place?

Rex? :doh:

Chico23231 05-24-2010 01:16 PM

give me first who the starting OLine is gonna be and I can give you a better indication of how many games he will be able to play

MonkFan4Life 05-24-2010 01:18 PM

No less than 13,...matter of fact. No less than 15. Stop crying about the O-Line, the other guy is gone this is a new day. He'll make sure they know wat they are doing.

KLHJ2 05-24-2010 01:22 PM

I don't really believe that, I'm just throwing it out there.

Chico23231 05-24-2010 01:26 PM

Stop crying about the O-Line? Really? have you watched the last several seasons. Im glad you think its fixed...but of course this is the samething i heard the last several pre-seasons, "the oline will be fine", "we dont need a pro bowl Oline to compete"....Until I actually see it on the field, a cohesive unit, Ill stop worrying. McNabb is not a young guy, I just hope what your saying is correct

14WOODS 05-24-2010 01:43 PM

[quote=hooskins;702895]12 is a good number. But who else do we have to take his place?

Rex? :doh:[/quote]

Things could get real ugly if McNabb goes down.

Ruhskins 05-24-2010 01:44 PM

[quote=MonkFan4Life;702909]No less than 13,...matter of fact. No less than 15. [B]Stop crying about the O-Line, the other guy is gone this is a new day.[/B] He'll make sure they know wat they are doing.[/quote]

Offensive line issues are pretty much a weakness despite of whoever we have behind center. Adequate QB protection will be important with a QB like McNabb who has had durability issues in the past. Pass protection will dictate whether McNabb makes us just good enough to be a hair above .500 or we become a competitive playoff team.

SirClintonPortis 05-24-2010 01:57 PM

The O-line sucking and Jason Campbell sucking are not mutually exclusive. Forget about pass protection for a moment, the run blocking was laughable. It wasn't because there was an extra guy in the box, it was simply because they couldn't move anyone. And there's a damn good reason why we drafted Trent Williams. Stephon Heyer can't handle it(even though wtfpieceofcrapJasonReid was clinging to the fact that Heyer was practicing at LT for a minicamp or whatever. lol) And since when was McNabb the heir apparent to Buges? We don't even know if Forester is competent.

hooskins 05-24-2010 02:24 PM

The only thing I am worried about is that McNabb's knock(along with accuracy) is that he holds the ball too long.

Not a good formula for the Skins o-line.

NYCskinfan82 05-24-2010 02:30 PM

[quote=Hog1;702893]19?
[B]By[/B] in the first round?[/quote]

I like the way you think.

Monkeydad 05-24-2010 02:36 PM

I'm going to hope for at least 14 in the regular season.

If Shanny's RB system can carry the offense for a week or two, we'll be fine.

freddyg12 05-24-2010 02:37 PM

[quote=Angry;702913].5

I don't really believe that, I'm just throwing it out there.[/quote]

I don't believe that either, so I'm going a little higher - .6
He gets knocked out for the year in the 3rd quarter of game 1.

MTK 05-24-2010 02:39 PM

How many games this season will McNabb play?

At least 14

53Fan 05-24-2010 02:40 PM

[quote=hooskins;702933]The only thing I am worried about is that McNabb's knock(along with accuracy) is that he holds the ball too long.

Not a good formula for the Skins o-line.[/quote]

I agree. Let's hope Shanahans rep with the o-line lives up to expectations.

SolidSnake84 05-24-2010 02:40 PM

If McNabb were to be lost for the season in say like Game 2 or 3, do you think the Skins would sign a veteran QB? Surely they wouldn't expect Rex or the very Raw Colt Brennan to carry the team....

NYCskinfan82 05-24-2010 02:44 PM

Please think positive. Look at Favre i'm not trying to compare them but do you think he would still be here if not for about 2-4 yrs he was addicted to pain killers. DM's work ethic is so much greater/better IMO.

HTTR.

Monkeydad 05-24-2010 02:52 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;702949]If McNabb were to be lost for the season in say like Game 2 or 3, do you think the Skins would sign a veteran QB? Surely they wouldn't expect Rex or the very Raw Colt Brennan to carry the team....[/quote]

Jeff Garcia.

InsaneBoost 05-24-2010 02:59 PM

All depends on the line honestly. He's not going to take a beating like Campbell did last season. Of course sacks will still happen, even with a good o line, but if he has anything like Campbell did, it's going to be ugly.

Assuming the line blocks, I'd say he'll start all games this season. If it doesn't, it just depends on how bad they are, Campbell bad, then probably 10, half-ass blocking, 13.

Slingin Sammy 33 05-24-2010 03:17 PM

"Injury Prone", "Durability Issues", let's get the facts straight: McNabb has missed 4 games since the 2007 season, 2 in 2007 and 2 in 2009, each time returning to finish the season. He is not "injury prone".

Are these QBs "injury prone"?

Jason Campbell missed 3 games in 2007
Romo missed 3 games in 2009
Matt Ryan missed 2 games in 2009
Matt Schaub missed 5 games in 2008 and 5 games in 2007

All that being said, McNabb will start at least 14 games for us in 2010.

SolidSnake84 05-24-2010 04:26 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;702977]"Injury Prone", "Durability Issues", let's get the facts straight: McNabb has missed 4 games since the 2007 season, 2 in 2007 and 2 in 2009, each time returning to finish the season. He is not "injury prone".

All that being said, McNabb will start at least 14 games for us in 2010.[/quote]

looking over his stats from nfl.com, Donovan has only finished a full season 4 times in his 12 year career. 3 times he's went on injured reserve. I think its a given he misses at least a few games...and that was with a STUD line in Philadelphia. With the line we have, he won't make 6 games. We had all better hope that the O-line is fixed, something we haven't done in a long time...

I'm still saying 12 games if we have a half-decent line...

CRedskinsRule 05-24-2010 04:30 PM

Philly did not have a STUD line, they went in with questions last year, and Peters did not really live up to the billing. That said it was better than ours.

Chico23231 05-24-2010 04:43 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;702996]Philly did not have a STUD line, they went in with questions last year, and Peters did not really live up to the billing. That said it was better than ours.[/quote]

Our Oline the last two years was the worst piece of sh*t I have ever seen. What Im saying is McNabb will not be able to take the same beating JC did...I obviously want to see the line come together and McNabb play the entire year...but I see a rookie at one tackle spot and a question mark at the other. I still see Rabauch at center, which IMO, he is a below average center at this point in his career. Dock and Big Mike at the Guard spots are average at best...so lets hope "scheme" will improve play, cause when you look at talent you really cant make much of an arguement. Im worry about McNabb, if we protect him and we can run the ball, we carry an outside shot at the playoffs...if i see the same or close to the same Oline play I saw last year, we finish last in the East.

firstdown 05-24-2010 04:44 PM

I just wonder how many games until he:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQo6zt3bWlM]YouTube - McNabb can't take the heat[/url]

53Fan 05-24-2010 04:49 PM

[quote=Chico23231;702998]Our Oline the last two years was the worst piece of sh*t I have ever seen. What Im saying is McNabb will not be able to take the same beating JC did...I obviously want to see the line come together and McNabb play the entire year...but I see a rookie at one tackle spot and a question mark at the other. I still see Rabauch at center, which IMO, he is a below average center at this point in his career. Dock and Big Mike at the Guard spots are average at best...so lets hope "scheme" will improve play, cause when you look at talent you really cant make much of an arguement. Im worry about McNabb, if we protect him and we can run the ball, we carry an outside shot at the playoffs...[B]if i see the same or close to the same Oline play I saw last year, we finish last in the East[/B].[/quote]

I bet Jason Campbell would agree with that.

GusFrerotte 05-24-2010 04:50 PM

12-14 games, and he will play for 4 more seasons as long as the line solidifies into something decent. If it doesn't, the McNabb experiment will only go 1 and a half to 2 seasons. Acquiring McNabb is a big gamble on our part no matter what anyone says. He has been knocked around often enough with Philly's line and has paid the price for it. Also, let's face it, there is a good chance his best days are behind him.

firstdown 05-24-2010 04:51 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;702994]looking over his stats from nfl.com, Donovan has only finished a full season 4 times in his 12 year career. 3 times he's went on injured reserve. I think its a given he misses at least a few games...and that was with a STUD line in Philadelphia. With the line we have, he won't make 6 games. We had all better hope that the O-line is fixed, something we haven't done in a long time...

I'm still saying 12 games if we have a half-decent line...[/quote]

That stud line he was playing behind gave up 38 sacks about 7 less then us. So its not like he could drop back and puke with time to then throw the ball.

bigmarley4 05-24-2010 05:03 PM

18... and only bc we rest our starters in week 16 with home field advantage wrapped up...

Slingin Sammy 33 05-24-2010 05:06 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;702994]looking over his stats from nfl.com, Donovan has only finished a full season 4 times in his 12 year career. 3 times he's went on injured reserve. I think its a given he misses at least a few games...and that was with a STUD line in Philadelphia. With the line we have, he won't make 6 games. We had all better hope that the O-line is fixed, something we haven't done in a long time...

I'm still saying 12 games if we have a half-decent line...[/quote]2004 he sat out the last game as a coach's decision. Actually the number is 5 of 11.

From 1999-2004 he missed 7 games due to injury.
2005 - groin (Madden Curse), 7 games
2006 - ACL, 6 games
2007 - 2009 only 4 games due to injury

The point I'm making is that McNabb is unfairly characterized as "injury prone". Suspect OL or not, he's no more "fragile" than the QBs I listed in the earlier post.

Campbell's sack % was 7.8 in an offense that was designed to protect him from downfield throws. This number was partially the poor OL, partially JC's poor pocket presence and reading/decision-making ability. McNabb's sack % in 2009 was 7.3. His career % is 7.0. I believe we will see a "wiser" more efficient McNabb, an improved line, and improved O-scheme to where we see the 2008 McNabb sack % in the 3.9 range.

saden1 05-24-2010 05:41 PM

13 games...hopefully we will win 10 of those 13 games...lord knows the people behind him can't walk and talk let alone throw TDs.

MonkFan4Life 05-24-2010 06:04 PM

[quote=Chico23231;702915]Stop crying about the O-Line? Really? have you watched the last several seasons. Im glad you think its fixed...but of course this is the samething i heard the last several pre-seasons, "the oline will be fine", "we dont need a pro bowl Oline to compete"....Until I actually see it on the field, a cohesive unit, Ill stop worrying. McNabb is not a young guy, I just hope what your saying is correct[/quote]

Yes, Stop Crying. That's all we do is whine all day. The o line is this and that. Let this unit go out there and work. You are comparing this years line to a line last year that lost 2 starters. This group may not be the Hogs but they have to play together first. We are turning our backs on them now why ? The other guy couldn't call out a blitz to save his life. If Donovan calls them and they don't adjust then hey we can blame the Oline. We didn't need a pro bowl line to compete, we needed someone to make our line compete. No more time to argue this point, if Trent can protect his blindside then we should be good. I just wish Donovan had Samuels before the neck injury, maybe he would've garnered a little more respect for how good he was.

MonkFan4Life 05-24-2010 06:07 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;702920]Offensive line issues are pretty much a weakness despite of whoever we have behind center. Adequate QB protection will be important with a QB like McNabb who has had durability issues in the past. Pass protection will dictate whether McNabb makes us just good enough to be a hair above .500 or we become a competitive playoff team.[/quote]

You are right HOWEVER, the same line that couldn't protect him sure protected Todd Collins when he stepped in and we went up against some of the best defenses the NFC had to offer that year. I'm just saying. You have to take advantage of the protection that you are given and the other guy didn't IMO. Hopefully this new group can get something going.

SmootSmack 05-24-2010 06:17 PM

It wasn't the same line...but that's all in the past

15 games

GTripp0012 05-24-2010 06:24 PM

I'll go with an odd number, just for the hell of it.

I'll predict 11 starts. Two of those missed games in October while the team is well over .500, and then the final three games.

Zerohero 05-24-2010 07:46 PM

18 games, we win one playoff game.

edit: math :(

Chico23231 05-24-2010 07:59 PM

[quote=MonkFan4Life;703018]Yes, Stop Crying. That's all we do is whine all day. The o line is this and that. Let this unit go out there and work. You are comparing this years line to a line last year that lost 2 starters. This group may not be the Hogs but they have to play together first. We are turning our backs on them now why ? The other guy couldn't call out a blitz to save his life. If Donovan calls them and they don't adjust then hey we can blame the Oline. We didn't need a pro bowl line to compete, we needed someone to make our line compete. No more time to argue this point, if Trent can protect his blindside then we should be good. I just wish Donovan had Samuels before the neck injury, maybe he would've garnered a little more respect for how good he was.[/quote]

My second post goes a little more in depth about my point but whatever no sense in crying about that, BUT I will continue point out our biggest concern going into this season, the Oline when i directly relates to a good topic brought up by Snake of how many games will our best Offensive player will play. SS33 brought up the point that McNabb is not really injury prone, so the answer lies on the Line. By no means am I bashing the line already, Im just saying we have question marks along it and Im the type of fan who believes game is won in the trenches...dominate D and O lines...Im not saying we need a probowl line to win, we need consistent play with same guys (not rotating door) who, as a unit, have no problem whether its running or throwing. I believe Shanny and Bruce have done the best job possible in getting players for the Line especially with CBA turmoil which kinda handcuff us by not being able to sign a quality vet tackle which may have become available. The answer to this question still lies with the play of the Oline, hopefully the scheme helps with the talent we currently have.

Redskin Jim 05-24-2010 08:22 PM

[quote=Chico23231;703031]My second post goes a little more in depth about my point but whatever no sense in crying about that, BUT I will continue point out our biggest concern going into this season, the Oline when i directly relates to a good topic brought up by Snake of how many games will our best Offensive player will play. SS33 brought up the point that McNabb is not really injury prone, so the answer lies on the Line. By no means am I bashing the line already, Im just saying we have question marks along it and Im the type of fan who believes game is won in the trenches...dominate D and O lines...Im not saying we need a probowl line to win, we need consistent play with same guys (not rotating door) who, as a unit, have no problem whether its running or throwing. I believe Shanny and Bruce have done the best job possible in getting players for the Line especially with CBA turmoil which kinda handcuff us by not being able to sign a quality vet tackle which may have become available. The answer to this question still lies with the play of the Oline, hopefully the scheme helps with the talent we currently have.[/quote]
Good post.
Not only is the O-line the biggest area of concern but we also have question marks in the WR, RB, D-line, LB, and FS positions. It is an unknown at this point how well the personnel/scheme will perform on the field. I do believe that there will be some surprise success stories, player and team wise this season, but I also believe there will be some growing pains as well.
As we have all been questioning the O-line and how well will it will perform, as well as the lack of personnel change, we also have the same questions in quite a few positions.
EDIT: 16 games including playoffs

The Goat 05-24-2010 10:34 PM

I think if the Oline gels together quickly McNabb will start 15 games this season. If the oline doesn't gel...then it's irrelevant how many games he starts because he'll be bruised, battered and less effective.

artmonkforhallofamein07 05-25-2010 12:10 AM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;702977]"Injury Prone", "Durability Issues", let's get the facts straight: McNabb has missed 4 games since the 2007 season, 2 in 2007 and 2 in 2009, each time returning to finish the season. He is not "injury prone".

All that being said, McNabb will start at least 14 games for us in 2010.[/quote]

Matt Schaub is one on that list I would label as injury prone. He has had issues the past few years.