Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cold weather Super Bowls on the way (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36690)

mlmdub130 05-20-2010 04:13 PM

Re: Cold weather Super Bowls on the way

[quote=mredskins;702433]It can't be more or less outdated then the Super Dome and it holds the most in the NFL, I would think it would be a prime location.

Plus concerned the amount hotel space in DC area, yeah it will heavily considered.[/quote]

you ever driven around landover? if you have you would understand why there won't be a superbowl there, it's a f-ing dump

mredskins 05-20-2010 04:22 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;702444]you ever driven around landover? if you have you would understand why there won't be a superbowl there, it's a f-ing dump[/quote]

Doesn't matter most folks will be housed in DC, very few stadiums in the NFL are housed in the best part of town. If SB came here hotel rooms would be booked out to B-more and beyond.

Ruhskins 05-20-2010 04:33 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;702444]you ever driven around landover? if you have you would understand why there won't be a superbowl there, it's a f-ing dump[/quote]

I'm sure Detroit is not much of a pretty sight either...and while Indianapolis may be a nice city, it probably sucks in January.

Personally, I would keep the Super Bowl only in three cities: Miami, New Orleans, and San Diego.

cdskins26 05-20-2010 04:39 PM

[quote=Mattyk;702436]I'm sure he'll get it up to speed if the carrot is there for a potential Super Bowl. The HD screens going in are probably just the beginning of the upgrades.[/quote]

How about parking? That would be a nice change of ways? And if snyder wanted could he put a retractable roof on?

irish 05-20-2010 04:47 PM

I think NO should be the permanent home of the Super Bowl. The stadium is a dome so weather for players and fans wont be an issue. The Quarter has all the hotels, bars & restaurants anyone could want and the stadium is close by so most attending the game can walk from hotel to the stadium. Its a perfect setup.

GTripp0012 05-20-2010 04:54 PM

Lolz at New York being a cold weather city.

I'm all for it. Washington needs a super bowl as well.

NYCskinfan82 05-20-2010 04:58 PM

NO is a dump too, walk down the wrong street & you will be sorry just ask any guide & hotel concierge. SD made lots of money of SB's and they won't build a new stadium for SD.

irish 05-20-2010 05:11 PM

[quote=NYCskinfan82;702462]NO is a dump too, walk down the wrong street & you will be sorry just ask any guide & hotel concierge. SD made lots of money of SB's and they won't build a new stadium for SD.[/quote]

NO isnt great most weeks but when the SB is in town its fine as there are lots of cops making sure none of the tourists have a problem.

NYCskinfan82 05-20-2010 05:26 PM

[quote=irish;702468]NO isnt great most weeks but when the SB is in town its fine as there are lots of cops making sure none of the tourists have a problem.[/quote]

That would be the same anywhere if the SB is their more cops will be put on to make it safe the SB could be held anywhere dump or no dump. A coworker of mine goes down to Tenn during Elvis week & he tells me, that place is a dump but during that week cops are out in full.

irish 05-20-2010 05:28 PM

[quote=NYCskinfan82;702477]That would be the same anywhere if the SB is their more cops will be put on to make it safe the SB could be held anywhere dumb or no dumb. A coworker of mine goes down to Tenn during Elvis week & he tells me, that place is a dumb but during that week cops are out in full.[/quote]

True. All I'm saying is that everything is in close proximity in NO and that's what makes it a great spot for a SB.

mlmdub130 05-20-2010 05:28 PM

[quote=mredskins;702447]Doesn't matter most folks will be housed in DC, very few stadiums in the NFL are housed in the best part of town. If SB came here hotel rooms would be booked out to B-more and beyond.[/quote]

yeah some cities like detroit and cincy and indy might not be the greatest cities but the stadium is in the city. could you imagine the hell that would be the beltway if it was here. thats why i would think b more has a better chance than us atleast their stadium is in the city. b-more and dc are a good 30 minutes and thats with clear sailing from fedex. it's not a terrible stadium and the new screens should be awesome they are long overdue, but it's in the middle of butt-f md

artmonkforhallofamein07 05-20-2010 09:18 PM

I think New orleans, Miami, San Degio, and all the others are extremely played out and it is time for the rest of the NFL to have a chance to host the Super Bowl.

skinsfan_nn 05-20-2010 09:22 PM

Cool

artmonkforhallofamein07 05-20-2010 09:23 PM

I don't know about Fed-Ex getting it done. I would be surprised if we ever get on there, but who knows. I would think it would take the Redskins building a new building to recieve one. BTW Indy is a crappy city. I went to the formula One races there in 2000-04, not the greatest pace in the world. Niether is Detroit for that matter. A friend of mine is from Detroit and went to the Steelers Seahawks game. After the game Detroit was literally a ghost town on monday. He said it was very freaky.

Hog1 05-20-2010 09:38 PM

I do not believe the argument against cold weather cities hosting the SB is about the game itself. Rather, the people that generally attend a SB are coming a week early for the parties and other activities. Cold weather not conducive to outdoor stuff like golf, beaches, etc. Not to mention travel logistics if you really hit a cold snap?