Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=49563)

CRedskinsRule 09-30-2012 09:41 AM

Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Week 4 is here.

All the hopes and fears of Redskins fans will show themselves today. With the strength of our opponents picking up after this week, and our Skins D not showing up in the previous games, this game may well be the defining game of our season. IF we come out and manhandle an equally troubled Tampa Bay squad, we will gain a huge momentum boost, and be back at 2-2, one back behind whoever leads the NFCE. IF we come out and get manhandled, then this season looks longer and darker (as some of the threads this past week have shown).

If we slug it out, and win or lose a tight one, then this squad is who we have known the Redskins of the last 10 or so years to be. Strong on one side, weak on the other, and unable to make a sustained run that is needed in today's NFL.

But, I'll still be watching, and looking for any spark that sends hope and awe for our future, and more importantly, this season.

GO SKINS!!

EARTHQUAKE2689 09-30-2012 10:03 AM

Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

He is to a big game from Garcon, Hankerson, and the rest of our offense and defense. But, it has been nice to watch the growth of Perry Riley.

skinsfaninok 09-30-2012 10:42 AM

PG will help us huge today, I see the offense playing good again, defense will force a couple turnovers and we win by 10

Can't start 1-3

GTripp0012 09-30-2012 10:47 AM

Lets put it on the Bucs today and get back on track.

2-2 is where this team needs to be heading into next weekend. If 1-3, we're digging out of a pretty big hole early. The Bucs have struggled offensively all season. If the defense is planning on having a good game this year, now would be a good time.

TheMalcolmConnection 09-30-2012 11:13 AM

For some reason, I think Merriweather makes a key play or two today. If Garcon returns, I think we have another offensive explosion.

MTK 09-30-2012 11:15 AM

Big game today, need this one bad.

TheMalcolmConnection 09-30-2012 11:16 AM

Also, I hate 4PM games. Bleh. Sucks sitting here waiting waiting waiting and then after the game the day is over. Oh well.

takethecake 09-30-2012 11:30 AM

It's an interesting matchup. Worst offense in the league (last in NFL in yds/game, 3rd down %, and yards/play), versus the worst defense in the league (again, just statistically, I don't actually think we're the worst). Something will have to give. Either the skins defense steps up, or the bucs offense does. I had a hard time picking this matchup in my pickem' league.

But I really think we'll notice garcon and meriweather being back.

DynamiteRave 09-30-2012 11:35 AM

[quote=takethecake;946633]It's an interesting matchup. Worst offense in the league (last in NFL in yds/game, 3rd down %, and yards/play), versus the worst defense in the league (again, just statistically, [B]I don't actually think we're the worst)[/B]. Something will have to give. Either the skins defense steps up, or the bucs offense does. I had a hard time picking this matchup in my pickem' league.

But I really think we'll notice garcon and meriweather being back.[/quote]

2nd to the worse.

I still think this will be a good game though. After the rough past 2 weeks, I just don't see us losing this.

GTripp0012 09-30-2012 11:40 AM

Ton of our free agent dollars coming back off the inactive list today.

That should make a difference, no?

Bucket 09-30-2012 11:48 AM

Hopefully PG shows up big today, like in week 1. I'm pretty excited to see Merriweather out there. He sounded very confident this week that he was going to make a difference.

Jayroc24 09-30-2012 11:55 AM

Anyone heard anything on Silverback?

CultBrennan59 09-30-2012 11:57 AM

Supposedly he's not playing today^ and I dont want PG and Merriweather playing if their still hurt, because that just means more setbacks.

Jayroc24 09-30-2012 12:00 PM

Well thats is not good news at all, considering what I seen from replacement last week.

los panda 09-30-2012 12:10 PM

let's eat their hearts

DynamiteRave 09-30-2012 12:10 PM

[quote=Jayroc24;946639]Well thats is not good news at all, considering what I seen from replacement last week.[/quote]

Hopefully Black and Polumbus do better this week. The pocket was folding like a house of cards last week.

Mechanix544 09-30-2012 12:10 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;946630]Also, I hate 4PM games. Bleh. Sucks sitting here waiting waiting waiting and then after the game the day is over. Oh well.[/quote]

exactly. I guess we all can watch the redzone channel and keep refreshing the scores to our fantasy teams...........but it does suck waiting until 4.

OnceWeWereKings 09-30-2012 12:14 PM

[quote=los panda;946640]let's eat their hearts[/quote]

This

SmootSmack 09-30-2012 12:15 PM

TW plans to play. I'm not sure that's a wise idea

DynamiteRave 09-30-2012 12:26 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;946646]TW plans to play. I'm not sure that's a wise idea[/quote]

Well I guess that means he's not a sissy like Helu, who goes on IR for an injury. What a puss!

hagams 09-30-2012 12:27 PM

Bust some heads! I too hate waiting until the 4 pm games. I have to nap during the 1 pm games, just to ensure that I'm properly motivated for the festivities.

Chico23231 09-30-2012 12:28 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;946646]TW plans to play. I'm not sure that's a wise idea[/quote]

Dont want him to end up like Revis. It must still be pretty bad given our alternatives.

CRedskinsRule 09-30-2012 12:34 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;946641]Hopefully Black and Polumbus do better this week. The pocket was folding like a house of cards last week.[/quote]

I have said it before, but I would really like the Skins to try to play more max protect/drop back passing today. Tampa Bay's weakness is their defensive backfield, we need to let Griffin experience max protect, pocket passing football. Keep best blocking back and TE in most of the game, and let the wideouts find open spots.

OnceWeWereKings 09-30-2012 12:36 PM

Games not gonna be on in my local area. I have to try and find a stream. Egh. I hate having to do that

los panda 09-30-2012 12:38 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;946646]TW plans to play. I'm not sure that's a wise idea[/quote]wish we had someone who has proven he can step in for him. maybe a continuously developing second year player w more potential than a 32 year old vet in decline...

DynamiteRave 09-30-2012 12:38 PM

[quote=OnceWeWereKings;946658]Games not gonna be on in my local area. I have to try and find a stream. Egh. I hate having to do that[/quote]

NC Skins usually has the stream link. Might want to send him a PM.

Chico23231 09-30-2012 12:42 PM

[quote=OnceWeWereKings;946658]Games not gonna be on in my local area. I have to try and find a stream. Egh. I hate having to do that[/quote]

check your pm. that usually works for me

OnceWeWereKings 09-30-2012 12:44 PM

Thanks! Very much appreciated!

Mechanix544 09-30-2012 12:50 PM

If anyone needs a good stream, let me know. I usually have a good one, but NC Skins also has good ones as well usually.

Chico23231 09-30-2012 01:08 PM

[quote=Mechanix544;946669]If anyone needs a good stream, let me know. I usually have a good one, but NC Skins also has good ones as well usually.[/quote]

can you ping the site you use please? mine has a lot of comercials

imaskin4life 09-30-2012 02:38 PM

apparently aldrick robinson and brandon merriweather collided during warmups a few minutes ago and both were down merriweather helped off, robinson possibly concussed - merriweather's knee to robinson's helmet. per @robcarlin, @espnradio980

skinsfan69 09-30-2012 02:45 PM

I think Tampa wins a close one 24-21. I simply do not trust our online or secondary.

Jayroc24 09-30-2012 02:45 PM

^^^ Good Lord, we seemed to be cursed!

DynamiteRave 09-30-2012 02:48 PM

[quote=imaskin4life;946681]apparently aldrick robinson and brandon merriweather collided during warmups a few minutes ago and both were down merriweather helped off, robinson possibly concussed - merriweather's knee to robinson's helmet. per @robcarlin, @espnradio980[/quote]

Last week I said that the game needed to be set to Benny Hill music. I lied. This whole team needs to be set to Benny Hill music.

Seriously. How does that even happen?

SmootSmack 09-30-2012 02:54 PM

[quote=imaskin4life;946681]apparently aldrick robinson and brandon merriweather collided during warmups a few minutes ago and both were down merriweather helped off, robinson possibly concussed - merriweather's knee to robinson's helmet. per @robcarlin, @espnradio980[/quote]

They weren't even warming up really. Robinson kneeled down for a minute and when he stood up his head hit Meriweather's helmet. Don't believe Meriweather was going to play anyway

Jayroc24 09-30-2012 02:58 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;946688]They weren't even warming up really. Robinson kneeled down for a minute and when he stood up his head hit Meriweather's helmet. Don't believe Meriweather was going to play anyway[/quote]

SS, is Robinson okay? Or does it look like he has a concussion?

SmootSmack 09-30-2012 02:58 PM

Robinson isn't playing either. Here are your inactives: Grossman, Gettis, White, Meriweather, Grant, Robinson, C. Griffin

A bit surprised about Grant and White

SmootSmack 09-30-2012 02:59 PM

[quote=Jayroc24;946689]SS, is Robinson okay? Or does it look like he has a concussion?[/quote]

Don't know if he got concussed but he's not playing. Not sure if the plan was for him to be inactive even before the collision

imaskin4life 09-30-2012 02:59 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;946688]They weren't even warming up really. Robinson kneeled down for a minute and when he stood up his head hit Meriweather's helmet. Don't believe Meriweather was going to play anyway[/quote]

thanks for the update: they reported that robinson was visibly shaken up, was meriweather running? he should not be shaken up if he stood up into a knee (vs. running into one)

disregard this post SS, i just read your response to the other poster. if he's not playing then it does not matter if he is concussed or not

Jayroc24 09-30-2012 03:01 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;946690]Robinson isn't playing either. Here are your inactives: Grossman, Gettis, White, Meriweather, Grant, Robinson, C. Griffin

A bit surprised about Grant and White[/quote]

Well at least PG and TW are playing.... Hope they are both healthly enough to do so.