Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Haskins Threat 2.0 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64541)

CRedskinsRule 02-27-2020 12:53 PM

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

[QUOTE=BigHairedAristocrat;1245413]Haskins, our #2, plus some players (like Kerrigan or Trent) or picks to the Bengals for the #1 pick to draft Burrow. Bengals draft Chase Young.

And if your objection to this idea is that the Bengals wouldn't want Haskins, then you need to ask yourself - why should we?[/QUOTE]No way we should give up haskins AND our #2 plus other stuff.

Keep #2, trade Haskins Kerrigan or TW and maybe a 4th or later pick.

But realistically no team is doing either side of that type of trade.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mredskins 02-27-2020 01:00 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;1245418]There is just more of a health concern with Tua. Even before the hip thing, he's always getting hurt. Both appear to be clear upgrades over Haskins. I would be fine taking Tua at 2 and either trading Haskins or going into 2020 and letting them compete. See who shines and there's your starter. If they both shine, then trade one of them in 2021 or 2022.

I'd also be fine taking Young or trading down if the offer is obscene.

We are in a very very good spot in my opinion.

- Trading up for Burrow - Great Decision
- Stay and Select Young - Great Decision
- Stay and select Tua - Great Decision
- Trade down to 3-6, accumulate picks and still get an elite talent - Great Decision

If Bruce were in charge, I would be worried he'd find a way to screw up any of these scenarios. But he's not. I completely trust the people we have in charge.[/quote]

I agree.

Thank god we lost that OT game in Dec to the giants, that lost could be franchise changing.

Warthog 02-27-2020 01:20 PM

We’re not taking Tua or Burrows in any crazy trade. When you draft a QB in the first round, you build around him and give him 20-35 games to succeed or fail. They will ride Haskins for better or worse until given a far chance to become a franchise QB.

We’re drafting Chase Young unless offered something crazy.

In Dwayne Haskins last two games he had a QB rating of 120 and 141. His fifth and sixth NFL games. Exactly what do you want with this guy, beyond that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mredskins 02-27-2020 01:28 PM

[quote=Warthog;1245431]We’re not taking Tua or Burrows in any crazy trade. When you draft a QB in the first round, you build around him and give him 20-35 games to succeed or fail. They will ride Haskins for better or worse until given a far chance to become a franchise QB.

In Dwayne Haskins last two games he had a QB rating of 120 and 141. His fifth and sixth NFL games. Exactly what do you want with this guy, beyond that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
In the next few weeks the Tau horn is going get really really loud.

I agree with your above if jay was still here but this is a new leadership team, I won't be shocked if we grabbed Tau.

Irrefutable 02-27-2020 01:32 PM

[quote=Warthog;1245431]We’re not taking Tua or Burrows in any crazy trade. When you draft a QB in the first round, you build around him and give him 20-35 games to succeed or fail. They will ride Haskins for better or worse until given a far chance to become a franchise QB.

I agree the Redskins are trying to convince other teams that they are interested in Tua or Burrows in the hope they will get an offer they cannot refuse for the #2 pick

KI Skins Fan 02-27-2020 01:46 PM

[quote=Irrefutable;1245433]I agree the Redskins are trying to convince other teams that they are interested in Tua or Burrows in the hope they will get an offer they cannot refuse for the #2 pick[/quote]

I don't see why you wouldn't think that the Skins are actually evaluating outstanding talents like Tua and Burrow as their possible first round pick instead of just using the threat of picking one of them as trade bait.

Irrefutable 02-27-2020 01:57 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1245438]I don't see why you wouldn't think that the Skins are actually evaluating outstanding talents like Tua and Burrow as their possible first round pick instead of just using the threat of picking one of them as trade bait.[/quote]

The Redskins would have to think Tua or Burrows were significantly better than Haskins. And with all the needs they have, it would be hard to have two first-round picks at QB. (barring Haskins being traded)

skinsfaninok 02-27-2020 02:08 PM

[quote=Irrefutable;1245441]The Redskins would have to think Tua or Burrows were significantly better than Haskins. And with all the needs they have, it would be hard to have two first-round picks at QB. (barring Haskins being traded)[/quote]

I'm not sure Ron is really sold on Dwayne as his franchise QB, could there be an AZ Like thought process? We don't know

sdskinsfan2001 02-28-2020 04:28 AM

Saying off-season type things to up the possible draft haul is smart business.

In reality, if this team does anything that involves Haskins not being QB1 next year, I'll lose my marbles. Basically means we wasted our 1st round pick last year and this year, passed on the hands down best player in this draft.

Keep the pick, draft the game wrecker and move on.

AnonEmouse 02-28-2020 05:54 AM

Haskins is not Rosen. Rosen looked like a deer in the headlights and was clearly a bust in his first year. Haskins improved and showed flashes as the season wore on, and clearly has potential to improve over the summer. Plus he's made a good move setting up a camp with the receivers in Florida. Hardly worthy of abandoning him/throwing him under the bus.

Best we get if we trade him is a low rd1 and that's a waste of last year's rd1 and probably this year's if Tau is injury prone.

Trade maybe, pick Tau no way!

Warthog 02-28-2020 09:41 PM

Haskin’s 6th game was with a QB rating of 120 (max 154). His seventh game had a QB rating of 141 before he was hurt. Maybe he got lucky. But it sure looked to me that he was getting more confident and was improving rapidly with every game. 120 and 141 QB rating is elite. Not “ok”, not “good”, it’s elite. That’s as a rookie, with crappy TE, rookie WR, below average OL and Callahan as an interim HC.

Rosen looked like a bust his rookie season. He didn’t have any 120 rating games. I think people looked at Haskin’s first game where he had 3 INT and figured he was a draft bust. But he got to finally practice with the first team, they stabilized the OL, and he improved every game he played.

I don’t know if Haskins will be the franchise QB for the Redskins. But he had a damn good rookie season and constantly improved. I bet he’ll get better this season with some real TE, at good OL, a far better OC. Drafting Tua is just crazy talk by people who turned the tv off after his first game.

NYCskinfan82 02-29-2020 06:40 AM

[quote=Warthog;1245579]Haskin’s 6th game was with a QB rating of 120 (max 154). His seventh game had a QB rating of 141 before he was hurt. Maybe he got lucky. But it sure looked to me that he was getting more confident and was improving rapidly with every game. 120 and 141 QB rating is elite. Not “ok”, not “good”, it’s elite. That’s as a rookie, with crappy TE, rookie WR, below average OL and Callahan as an interim HC.

Rosen looked like a bust his rookie season. He didn’t have any 120 rating games. I think people looked at Haskin’s first game where he had 3 INT and figured he was a draft bust. But he got to finally practice with the first team, they stabilized the OL, and he improved every game he played.

I don’t know if Haskins will be the franchise QB for the Redskins. But he had a damn good rookie season and constantly improved. I bet he’ll get better this season with some real TE, at good OL, a far better OC. Drafting Tua is just crazy talk by people who turned the tv off after his first game.

Well said Agree 100%.

SkinzWin 02-29-2020 10:20 AM

Look what the Cardinals did with Rosen after 16 games. Best decision they ever made.

Warthog 02-29-2020 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=SkinzWin;1245591]Look what the Cardinals did with Rosen after 16 games. Best decision they ever made.[/QUOTE]

Right! Because Rosen was a draft bust and did NOT improve during his rookie season.

If you only looked at Haskins first game ( which was awful) OR just looked at Haskins overall rookie numbers (which included his terrible first game) you might think he could be a draft bust. But at a closer examination of his games showed he improved constantly every game. His last two games had ELITE numbers.

So-called “experts” like Kiper only looked at Haskjn’s overall numbers, not his continual improvement. Rosen never improved, nor had any games that could be called elite. Rosen didn’t even have any really good games. The Cardinals were right to get rid of Rosen, but Rosen is not Haskins.

SkinzWin 02-29-2020 07:37 PM

I’m not saying we should give Haskins away. But I also think the $h!t show that was the 2019 season is not enough data to say he will be good or be a bust. Especially not if you are basing it off two games at the end of the season when no one has much to play for unless you are a playoff contender.

[quote=Warthog;1245612]Right! Because Rosen was a draft bust and did NOT improve during his rookie season.

If you only looked at Haskins first game ( which was awful) OR just looked at Haskins overall rookie numbers (which included his terrible first game) you might think he could be a draft bust. But at a closer examination of his games showed he improved constantly every game. His last two games had ELITE numbers.

So-called “experts” like Kiper only looked at Haskjn’s overall numbers, not his continual improvement. Rosen never improved, nor had any games that could be called elite. Rosen didn’t even have any really good games. The Cardinals were right to get rid of Rosen, but Rosen is not Haskins.