Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Allen Justified If No One Overpays for Cousins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64082)

Dan73 02-14-2018 11:02 PM

Is Allen Justified If No One Overpays for Cousins

Allen has taken a lot of heat from fans for the Cousins situation. The more I am reading papers from Denver Cleveland and New York I am seeing stories souring on the idea of signing Cousins. And Buffalo does not have that kind of money. So will it justify the Skins handling of the situation?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-14-2018 11:07 PM

Re: Is Allen Justified If No One Overpays for Cousins

Gonna be honest, I don't see the need for another Kirk Cousins thread.

Dan73 02-14-2018 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;1188520]Gonna be honest, I don't see the need for another Kirk Cousins thread.[/QUOTE]Delete if you want.

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-14-2018 11:19 PM

[quote=Dan73;1188521]Delete if you want.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk[/quote]

I am not a Mod, therefore can't do that

MTK 02-15-2018 07:20 AM

I’ll gladly eat crow if he doesn’t become the highest paid player in the league. I’m just lost on this idea some people have that he won’t draw strong interest from a few teams and get big money.

mooby 02-15-2018 07:48 AM

Idk about you Quake but I kinda want to enjoy revisiting this thread in a month after Kirk signs elsewhere.

Dan73 02-15-2018 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1188525]I’ll gladly eat crow if he doesn’t become the highest paid player in the league. I’m just lost on this idea some people have that he won’t draw strong interest from a few teams and get big money.[/QUOTE]I am starting to see articles out there about what it takes to get to the Superbowl and Cousins is not elite. How the other QBs may be signed for around 20 million a year and the teams that are qb needy could draft save money and build around a guy.

Dan73 02-15-2018 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=mooby;1188526]Idk about you Quake but I kinda want to enjoy revisiting this thread in a month after Kirk signs elsewhere.[/QUOTE]I think it will be interesting if he doesn't get Smith money at least or if he becomes the highest paid but the team that signs him does no better than the Skins.

MTK 02-15-2018 08:06 AM

Is Allen Justified If No One Overpays for Cousins

Good arguments could have been made against Stafford, Carr, and certainly Garoppolo getting the money they did. Are any of those guys “elite”? I don’t think so.

Kirk is going to get paid. You’re in denial if you think otherwise.

Giantone 02-15-2018 08:23 AM

[quote=Dan73;1188527]I am starting to see articles out there about what it takes to get to the Superbowl and Cousins is not elite. How the other QBs may be signed for around 20 million a year and the teams that are qb needy could draft save money and build around a guy.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk[/quote]
???No one says KC was "elite". Eagles QB's not "elite" good,YES but "elite no.They(the TEAM) had a great season with a great run game and a hell of a defense but their QB's are not elite. I for one believe the Skins are only a few piece's short of a very good contending team .If JG gets what he did for 5 games then no doubt KC gets the same if not more,I haven't seen any not one article that says KC is not worth it.

skinsfaninok 02-15-2018 09:24 AM

On to Alex Smith folks. Let this rest, he's gone and will get a huge deal. Good for him

Dan73 02-15-2018 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1188529]Good arguments could have been made against Stafford, Carr, and certainly Garoppolo getting the money they did. Are any of those guys “elite”? I don’t think so.

Kirk is going to get paid. You’re in denial if you think otherwise.[/QUOTE]Stafford definitely not. I could understand Carr and Garoppolo for their impact on their teams. Before Carr got hurt the Raiders were looking great and they lost him and the team went pretty much belly up.

Garoppolo immediate impact on the 49ers.

My family who are Lions fans were like Redskin fans. Our qb is setting records for yards. But in both cases it did not translate to wins.

Ruhskins 02-15-2018 09:52 AM

I think this whole argument of Cousins getting paid or not is irrelevant because of his lack of interest in being part of the team.

Cousins gave up the security of a long term contract and guaranteed money because he did not want to be here. Yes, he got 40+ million dollar in franchise money, but all of that could have easily gone away with injury.

So as a team, I don't know how the Redskins could have negotiated with a player that doesn't care about guaranteed money orthe security of a long term contract (two of the biggest bargaining chips) and was willing to risk injury for two seasons to get what he wanted.

To me, the only mistake the team did was to keep him around after the first franchise tag. They should have traded him last offseason.

Kirk is a good quarterback and I'm sure he'll play well for a team where he wants to be; and I'm sure he's going to get his money. But he didn't want to play here and only did enough to keep good stats.

Dan73 02-15-2018 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=Giantone;1188530]???No one says KC was "elite". Eagles QB's not "elite" good,YES but "elite no.They(the TEAM) had a great season with a great run game and a hell of a defense but their QB's are not elite. I for one believe the Skins are only a few piece's short of a very good contending team .If JG gets what he did for 5 games then no doubt KC gets the same if not more,I haven't seen any not one article that says KC is not worth it.[/QUOTE]There was an article on NFL.com where many felt he was not worth more than Jimmy G. And articles in Denver and N.Y. saying their teams would be better drafting and or signing cheap and qbs.

MTK 02-15-2018 09:59 AM

Writers don’t pay QBs so ultimately who cares what articles say.