Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Offseason Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64063)

Chico23231 01-11-2018 03:13 PM

Redskins Offseason Thread

ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim reports the team will try to re-sign impending free agent WR Ryan Grant.

Per Keim, the team likes the 27-year-old wideout "a lot." It's hardly a surprise, as[B] Grant has been a teacher's pet-type under coach Jay Gruden[/B]. Consistently utilized as the No. 3 in 2017, Grant is best served as a No. 4. Keim reports the team wants to add a burner opposite Josh Doctson.

shocker

MTK 01-11-2018 03:25 PM

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

Grant is fine as a backup.

skinsfaninok 01-11-2018 03:31 PM

Grant is a good WR, He makes tough catches all the time. We def need a burner

Chico23231 01-11-2018 03:59 PM

[quote=MTK;1185480]Grant is fine as a backup.[/quote]

just don't give him starter's money...give him a Dunbar at the most.

skinsfaninok 01-11-2018 04:18 PM

A guy we need to bring in for a cheap deal is Bryce Butler, he can stretch the field and is a good possession guy. To replace Pryor. Obviously I'd love Landry but he'll cost too much.

Schneed10 01-11-2018 04:26 PM

Yeah you nailed it. We never came close to replacing DeSean in our lineup. It wiped out a lot of our playbook.

Thompson and the line stepped up to sort of replace it in a way with the screen game. But what a dynamite offense we'd be if we got Thompson back healthy and had a reliable burner who could stretch the defense. Get Reed healthy in the middle of the field and then we've really got something.

jamf 01-11-2018 04:37 PM

I don't think so.
Backup WR's need to contribute on specials teams, Grant does not.
We need to fix ST by adding talent to our backup skill positions.

Irrefutable 01-11-2018 04:46 PM

There are a few much more important tasks than signing Grant. Obviously KC. And a starting WR, C or G, FS and more. They should have plenty of money to sign free agents.

Lets start with FS Tre Boston, WR Paul Richardson and G Andrew Norwell. Norwell will be expensive, however he could be a great investment.

metalskins 01-11-2018 04:50 PM

What does it say about your receivers when Ryan Grant is your leading receiver?

doughtydoubter 01-12-2018 11:27 AM

[quote=Irrefutable;1185489]There are a few much more important tasks than signing Grant. Obviously KC. And a starting WR, C or G, FS and more. They should have plenty of money to sign free agents.

Lets start with FS Tre Boston, WR Paul Richardson and G Andrew Norwell. Norwell will be expensive, however he could be a great investment.[/quote]

I really like the the Richardson and Norwell ideas. May i also throw a guy like ILB Avery Williamson to the mix

Chico23231 01-12-2018 11:32 AM

[quote=doughtydoubter;1185522]I really like the the Richardson and Norwell ideas. May i also throw a guy like [B]ILB Avery Williamson [/B]to the mix[/quote]

He's great, but I seriously doubt Titans will let him get away and he's gonna get a big contract.

But we lucked out with Zach Brown...maybe a chance though. He's probably the best ILB on the market.

When it comes to WR, Id stay away from Richardson and wait out for a more proven player like Crabtree or D Thomas (Broncos) who could be cap casualties.

Norwell would be a decent to get, but I think you see a lot of talent for interior Olineman in the mid rounds this year.

MTK 01-12-2018 11:36 AM

[QUOTE=jamf;1185488]I don't think so.

Backup WR's need to contribute on specials teams, Grant does not.

We need to fix ST by adding talent to our backup skill positions.[/QUOTE]

Not all backups need to play teams. If you’re a #5 or #6 yeah it definitely helps your cause a lot.

Chico23231 01-12-2018 11:41 AM

I really hope we address Kickoff and Punt Returner in Free agency or draft. We need more impact here and less fumbling

TheMalcolmConnection 01-12-2018 01:33 PM

Right. You could easily say Crowder lost 1-2 games all by himself.

doughtydoubter 01-12-2018 03:16 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1185523]

When it comes to WR, Id stay away from Richardson and wait out for a more proven player like [B]Crabtree or D Thomas [/B](Broncos) who could be cap casualties.

Norwell would be a decent to get, but I think you see a lot of talent for interior Olineman in the mid rounds this year.[/quote]

IF we could get Crabtree or Thomas i would dance a happy tune. I believe a good veteran WR that has some talent is going to help our soon to be drafted Rookie QB immensely. Although- i would still steadily try to keep drafting WRS.
i think there are other interior linemen out there that would be cheaper. I still think Long could be in the mix. Move him back to guard.