Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   No indictment in the mike brown case (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=59901)

Chico23231 11-24-2014 09:39 PM

No indictment in the mike brown case

I don't know what to think, but sad to see another unarmed man killed by the police. Don't really understand why the need of so many shots were fired by the officer.

Hijinx 11-24-2014 09:45 PM

Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

The worst part about this is that nothing will change. The police will still shoot first and ask questions later. The police will still overreact to groups of peaceful demonstrators. The police will still penalize the poor harassing them with a larger majority of fines, that they can not afford.

Chico23231 11-24-2014 09:50 PM

The police there have a history of racial issues that have never been properly addressed within the force. Police there can't be trusted

JoeRedskin 11-24-2014 10:06 PM

Just was listening to the prosecutor, he relayed the following:

As to the forensic evidence,
- A bullet recovered from inside the vehicle, pointing downward into the armrest;
- Blood on Brown's thumb with powder residue inside the wound consistent with a close range shot;
- Blood on Wilson's collar and pants;
- Shots on Brown's body consistent with him being bent over in a running position.
- Blood was found 25' from the final location of the body (shot fired, blood spilled, Brown moves 25' closer to officer, more shots fired).

Wilson had injuries (not severe, but described by hospital records as redness and swelling) to his face and head.

As to witnesses, the grand jury heard testimony from several witnesses who had chosen not to speak to the media.

There was inconsistent testimony as to the whole "hands raised" issue. Witnesses were apparently all over the board as to where Brown's hands were. Up, out to the sides, balled in fists, etc.

Multiple African-American witnesses indicated that Brown was charging Wilson.

The testimony was apparently all over the board as to the events.

Bottom line, there was a ton of evidence reviewed by the Grand Jury and most (if not all) was released.

JoeRedskin 11-24-2014 10:12 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1095910]The police there have a history of racial issues that have never been properly addressed within the force. Police there can't be trusted[/quote]

By all accounts, that's a true statement. At the same time, in this instance, the it appears that a thieve who punched an officer, reached into the officer's car, tried grab his gun and then got shot while charging the officer.

Could Wilson have done something differently? Probably. Could it all been avoided if Brown had not attempted to assault an officer? Most definitely.

Sorry, if you want a poster child of racial profiling by police, Michael Brown - [I]on the day in question[/I] - is not the guy.

Hijinx 11-24-2014 11:32 PM

The department this cop came from was Jennings PD. That Police Force was disbanded, partly because it was overrun with racial problems between their mostly white officers and mostly black populace.

Tell me how Brown was going to reach through a window and pull a gun out of the Cop's holster on the far hip away from the window. It is physically impossible. No forensic team in this country has ever not backed up whatever story the cops wanted to tell and the DA only presented what he wished to. On top of that the DA didn't even present himself, he had 2 junior assistants do it. Out of hundred's of police shootings in recent years, there has only been one who ever was found guilty and that was only because multiple people filmed the cop shooting an unarmed victim that was cuffed.

There was never going to be a chance in this case. If that had been a black guy shooting a white guy the trail would already be over. Justice is like Art, I may not be able to describe it, but I know it when I see it. I also know when I don't see it.

Edit: oh and the 1 officer ,who shot the handcuffed victim in the back, was sentenced on November 5th 2010 and released May 3rd 2011. Six Months.

JoeRedskin 11-25-2014 12:35 AM

Tell me how a bullet ended up in a downward trajectory in the door's armrest, Brown got powder residue in the wound where a bullet grazed his thumb, and Brown's blood got on the cop's collar, pants and steering wheel.

Whatever dude. Clearly, there could be video of Brown assaulting the cop and I am sure you would find some flaw with it.

The forensic evidence is what it is. The medical evidence shows that the officer's face was red and bruised. All photo shopped of course. Several African-American witnesses had Brown punching the officer in the car. [Because there were many conflicting witness stories, I only point this out to demonstrate it was not just the officers making incriminating statements about Brown].

I am not saying there weren't problems with the Ferguson PD. From all accounts it had serious problems. Doesn't mean Brown didn't assault the officer [I]in this case[/I].

But, go ahead, take the word of a mob over actual evidence. I am sure that will lead to justice every time.

Hijinx 11-25-2014 01:29 AM

At least 10 shots with 6 of them hitting the [B]unarmed [/B]victim is not self defense no matter what the police claim the circumstances were.

JoeRedskin 11-25-2014 01:53 AM

Suspected thief assaults you in your vehicle. Attempts to take your gun which discharges in your vehicle. He turns to leave. You confront. He turns and charges. You fire several shots. He continues to charge. You fire a second series of shots.

That description of events matches the forensic evidence and audio evidence at the scene (there is audio evidence that plays a series shots fired, a pause, then a second volley of shots).

Armed or unarmed, if you want to get your ass shot, assault a police officer, ignore his orders to halt and then run at him. Pretty sure that's a recipe for SBP.

Again, lots of interactions with police are demonstrations in police brutality. This was not one of them.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hijinx 11-25-2014 02:00 AM

If I shot someone like this cop did I would be in jail. No If ands or buts about it. This cop only gets away with it because he has a uniform on. Period. No one else gets to murder someone and walk away.

Buffalo Bob 11-25-2014 04:01 AM

[quote=Hijinx;1095933]At least 10 shots with 6 of them hitting the [B]unarmed [/B]victim is not self defense no matter what the police claim the circumstances were.[/quote]

Cops are trained to aim center mass and shot to neutralize the threat immediately. Not sure what Officer Brown had as a gun but a very common patrolman's weapon is a 9mm pistol. Have you ever fired one? Supposedly the first clip were a combination of shots that went through Brown's arms or missed. A person with fast hands can change out a clip in a second and a half and squeeze a trigger 6 times a second. You could shoot somebody six times before they probably even realized they had been hit.

This isn't Hollywood where a handgun bullet sends a 200 pound man flying backwards. Cops don't squeeze off one shot and then wait to see what happens. The guy had already went for the officers gun and was charging him. Officer Wilson was also by himself, that makes a big difference in strategy.

JoeRedskin 11-25-2014 05:08 AM

[QUOTE=Hijinx;1095935]If I shot someone like this cop did I would be in jail. No If ands or buts about it. This cop only gets away with it because he has a uniform on. Period. No one else gets to murder someone and walk away.[/QUOTE]

The depth of "wrong" and complete misunderstanding of the rule of law in this statement demonstrates your inherent bias on the issue.

If you, as a lawfully armed citizen, pursued an individual after an altercation had ended and took it upon yourself to initiate a second confrontation in which you used deadly force. Yes, you may likely end up in jail charged with 2nd degree murder or manslaughter.

That, however, is very different from a law enforcement officer trying to apprehend a suspected criminal who just assaulted the law enforcement officer, made an attempt to grab the law enforcement officer's weapon, ignored the lawful commands of the law enforcement officer, and who was now charging the law enforcement officer in an attempt assault him a second time.

But, by all means, buy into the media's racial spin, make a judgment based on what they tell you, and only trust the judicial process when it rules the way you think it should based on your incomplete, media supplied understanding of the facts.

Pitchforks and torches uber alles!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

NC_Skins 11-25-2014 08:37 AM

He shouldn't have been indicted.

(page 1167 of the grand jury testimony is an eye witness account that backs up cop's story)

[url]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2014/11/24/ferguson-assets/grand-jury-testimony.pdf[/url]

Add the firearm report, the dna report and it all matches the cop's version on what happened. This is a no brainer and I wished the public would get behind a better case instead of one where the people in question are innocent.

Nobody gives a fuck about the evidence, and I seriously doubt they care if the cop is guilty or not. They just want him to suffer due to racial injustices in the community.

Chico23231 11-25-2014 08:40 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1095915]By all accounts, that's a true statement. At the same time, in this instance, the it appears that a thieve who punched an officer, reached into the officer's car, tried grab his gun and then got shot while charging the officer.

Could Wilson have done something differently? Probably. Could it all been avoided if Brown had not attempted to assault an officer? Most definitely.

[B]Sorry, if you want a poster child of racial profiling by police, Michael Brown - [I]on the day in question[/I] - is not the guy[/B].[/quote]

Yeah this is a good point, but I wasnt really going there with my statement.

Point was, there is a history within police force so i cant 100% trust the officer story. There is also accounts of officer wilson in the past of being shady. Also there is, I believe, account of the prosecuter being a "cop guy" where issues in the past have not been handled correctly.

I believe the best course of action now is to open those complaints from before and go after the officers in the force and see if we can get charges brought. Looks like the prosecutors dont have the balls to do whats right, which is no surprise.

Simply, saying oh well and moving right along is the wrong way. I would strongly urge the folks to burn the city to the ground if thats the attitude

HailGreen28 11-25-2014 09:02 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1095972]Yeah this is a good point, but I wasnt really going there with my statement.

Point was, [U]there is a history within police force[/U] so i cant 100% trust the officer story. There is also [U]accounts of officer wilson in the past of being shady[/U].[/U] Also there is, I believe,[U] account of the prosecuter being a "cop guy" [/U]where issues in the past have not been handled correctly.

I believe the best course of action now is to open those complaints from before and go after the officers in the force and see if we can get charges brought. Looks like the prosecutors dont have the balls to do whats right, which is no surprise.

Simply, saying oh well and moving right along is the wrong way. I would strongly urge the folks to burn the city to the ground if thats the attitude[/quote]How do you charge ANYONE based on what you said? (underlined for effect). Seriously? WTF?