Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=51524)

Dr Do Itch Big 01-23-2013 09:52 PM

Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Let's make this happen ASAP!!! What would you suggest we give up in return?
[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21604939/jets-owner-woody-johnson-to-explore-trading-darrelle-revis]Jets owner Woody Johnson to explore trading Darrelle Revis - CBSSports.com[/url]

Dr Do Itch Big 01-23-2013 09:53 PM

Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21604939/jets-owner-woody-johnson-to-explore-trading-darrelle-revis]Jets owner Woody Johnson to explore trading Darrelle Revis - CBSSports.com[/url]

MTK 01-23-2013 09:55 PM

I swear the ghost of Vinny will always haunt us.

DynamiteRave 01-23-2013 09:56 PM

[quote=Mattyk;990709]I swear the ghost of Vinny will always haunt us.[/quote]

Not until we pick up JaMarcus Russell.

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21603465/jamarcus-russell-attempting-comeback-still-quite-chunky]JaMarcus Russell attempting comeback, still weighs over 300 lbs - CBSSports.com[/url]

Then we can officially be Vinny Madden 14.

Dr Do Itch Big 01-23-2013 09:58 PM

Oh really matthew? Haha I didnt say sell the farm, boss. But last I checked we were in dire need of a shutdown corner? Am I alone in thinking this, or missing something?

Ruhskins 01-23-2013 09:58 PM

Watch the Pats acquire him for like a 7th rounder or something like that. :doh:

Redskin Warrior 01-23-2013 09:58 PM

We are already 18M down in cap space because of the ruling against us. I like Revis but we can't afford him period.

CultBrennan59 01-23-2013 09:59 PM

Depends what New York wants.

MTK 01-23-2013 10:01 PM

[quote=Dr Do Itch Big;990712]Oh really matthew? Haha I didnt say sell the farm, boss. But last I checked we were in dire need of a shutdown corner? Am I alone in thinking this, or missing something?[/quote]

We're already without a first rounder this year along with another $18M cap penalty. How do you propose we pull this off?

Hog1 01-23-2013 10:02 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;990710]Not until we pick up JaMarcus Russell.

[URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21603465/jamarcus-russell-attempting-comeback-still-quite-chunky"]JaMarcus Russell attempting comeback, still weighs over 300 lbs - CBSSports.com[/URL]

Then we can officially be Vinny Madden 14.[/quote]
Hell, I wish we had grabbed him at 320. He could have rotated in at the nose......

DynamiteRave 01-23-2013 10:07 PM

[quote=Hog1;990718]Hell, I wish we had grabbed him at 320. He could have rotated in at the nose......[/quote]

Convert Russell to NT.. Grab Tebow at TE.

There's still hope for this team.

Dr Do Itch Big 01-23-2013 10:10 PM

That was the point of my posting it, I am wondering the same damn thing! All the #'s Gurus are in here. I know they would want cousins, but thats crazy given bob's injury. But even though I hate tebow, I would seriously consider a cousins,rak, royster for revis, tebow. If kyle could tailor an offense for timmy. Or dare i say revis, sanchez. Hell he'd only be our backup anyways. (Vomiting at the thought of the later)

44ever 01-23-2013 10:13 PM

[quote=Dr Do Itch Big;990721]That was the point of my posting it, I am wondering the same damn thing! All the #'s Gurus are in here. I know they would want cousins, but thats crazy given bob's injury. But even though I hate tebow, [B]I would seriously consider a cousins,rak, royster for revis, tebow.[/B] If kyle could tailor an offense for timmy. [B]Or dare i say revis, sanchez.[/B] Hell he'd only be our backup anyways. (Vomiting at the thought of the later)[/quote]

Thats just crazy...

Dr Do Itch Big 01-23-2013 10:16 PM

Who would you rather have orakpo or revis? Cousins will be traded eventually, so it's a strike while the iron is hot mentality really.

FRPLG 01-23-2013 10:17 PM

[quote=Dr Do Itch Big;990721]That was the point of my posting it, I am wondering the same damn thing! All the #'s Gurus are in here. I know they would want cousins, but thats crazy given bob's injury. But even though I hate tebow, I would seriously consider a cousins,rak, royster for revis, tebow. If kyle could tailor an offense for timmy. Or dare i say revis, sanchez. Hell he'd only be our backup anyways. (Vomiting at the thought of the later)[/quote]

So who's going to be our QB in the first 6 games net year when Griff is PUP'd?

We need Cousins more than ANYONE at the point. Rak is probably tradable. Royster is worthless trade wise. No thanks.

ethat001 01-23-2013 10:19 PM

What, are we collecting players with ACL injuries?

Seriously though, I'd consider him at a lower cost if his market value dips at all with his coming back from injury (and he passes physicals/etc).. 27 years old, good ball skills, fills a need (and Champ Bailey is still playing at 34yrs). We could give them F.DAvis or ORakpo to sweeten the deal.

Hard to get a top shutdown corner in the draft after the first round, and F.Davis and Rak are good but our offense was top 5 without them...

CRedskinsRule 01-23-2013 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk;990709]I swear the ghost of Vinny will always haunt us.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dr Do Itch Big;990721]That was the point of my posting it, I am wondering the same damn thing! All the #'s Gurus are in here. I know they would want cousins, but thats crazy given bob's injury. But even though I hate tebow, I would seriously consider a cousins,rak, royster for revis, tebow. If kyle could tailor an offense for timmy. Or dare i say revis, sanchez. Hell he'd only be our backup anyways. (Vomiting at the thought of the later)[/QUOTE]
Matty, I would say it is more like vinny's demons and minions.

Ruhskins 01-23-2013 10:22 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;990732]Matty, I would say it is more like vinny's demons and minions.[/quote]

I'm calling it the Andy Reid Syndrome. As in following all the bad moves that Vinny Cerrato made and following them step by step.

Dr Do Itch Big 01-23-2013 10:24 PM

No brainer sexy rexy!! Hahaha like it matters, as long as he can go 3-6 bob can do the rest. Lol

Dr Do Itch Big 01-23-2013 10:28 PM

Hey CRedskinsrule, tell me do your arms hurt from hanging on Matthew K's nuts so hard???

44ever 01-23-2013 10:28 PM

[quote=Dr Do Itch Big;990725]Who would you rather have orakpo or revis? Cousins will be traded eventually, so it's a strike while the iron is hot mentality really.[/quote]

Personally Im not a big Rak fan. I don't trust his health so I would be all for a strait up trade but, that would never happen for the same reason I just stated.

Cousins on the other hand will be the starter for the Skins next season and most likely will be the future full time starter after RG3 comes and goes again. RG3 will not last, Im just gonna put that out there. One concussion and three major knee surgeries already, sorry, he's not superman.

RG3 will be traded or retired before Cousins. Stay tuned...

SmootSmack 01-23-2013 10:28 PM

I think there are other options out there that could be just as good at a much lower cost to us

Ruhskins 01-23-2013 10:34 PM

[quote=ethat001;990730][B]What, are we collecting players with ACL injuries?[/B]

Seriously though, I'd consider him at a lower cost if his market value dips at all with his coming back from injury (and he passes physicals/etc).. 27 years old, good ball skills, fills a need (and Champ Bailey is still playing at 34yrs). We could give them F.DAvis or ORakpo to sweeten the deal.

Hard to get a top shutdown corner in the draft after the first round, and F.Davis and Rak are good but our offense was top 5 without them...[/quote]

We can be the Fred Taylor All-Stars...oh wait, he had a bad groin. Bad idea. LOL.

DynamiteRave 01-23-2013 10:34 PM

[quote=44ever;990737]Personally Im not a big Rak fan. I don't trust his health so I would be all for a strait up trade but, that would never happen for the same reason I just stated.

Cousins on the other hand will be the starter for the Skins next season and most likely will be the future full time starter after RG3 comes and goes again. RG3 will not last, Im just gonna put that out there. One concussion and three major knee surgeries already, sorry, he's not superman.

[B]RG3 will be traded[/B] or retired before Cousins. Stay tuned...[/quote]

Here's a lesson for all the kids out there.

Don't. Do. Crack.

That Guy 01-23-2013 10:49 PM

i'd love to have revis, but i'm not giving up draft picks and the crazy cash to get him here. sorry, this has to be a pass.

Hog1 01-23-2013 10:51 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;990739]I think [B]there are other options out there that could be just as good at a much lower cost[/B] to us[/quote]
That dog......won't hunt in Vinnie world.

MTK 01-23-2013 10:52 PM

We should just call this the bad idea thread. It's full of them already.

NC_Skins 01-23-2013 11:01 PM

[quote=Dr Do Itch Big;990725]Who would you rather have orakpo or revis? Cousins will be traded eventually, so it's a strike while the iron is hot mentality really.[/quote]

Put down the madden controller bro and back away slowly. Let the professionals handle this.

Our rookie QB goes out in 4 games (1 missed) his first year and you think Cousins is eventually going to be traded. Well, as long as RGIII continues to show he is going to be a health risk, Cousins will stay on this team. I wouldn't bet on RGIII staying healthy if he continues his style of play.

DynamiteRave 01-23-2013 11:03 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;990753]Put down the madden controller bro and back away slowly. Let the professionals handle this.

Our rookie QB goes out in 4 games (1 missed) his first year and you think Cousins is eventually going to be traded. Well, as long as RGIII continues to show he is going to be a health risk, Cousins will stay on this team. I wouldn't bet on RGIII staying healthy if he continues his style of play.[/quote]

You're wrong. Cousins is gonna take over for RG3 and RG3 is gonna be traded.

For Revis.

Where you been, man?

skinsfan69 01-23-2013 11:17 PM

[quote=Dr Do Itch Big;990721]That was the point of my posting it, I am wondering the same damn thing! All the #'s Gurus are in here. I know they would want cousins, but thats crazy given bob's injury. But even though I hate tebow, I would seriously consider a[B] cousins,rak, royster for revis, tebow.[/B] If kyle could tailor an offense for timmy. Or dare i say revis, sanchez. Hell he'd only be our backup anyways. (Vomiting at the thought of the later)[/quote]

:lol:... Why would we trade Cousins when RG3 is coming off a serious injury? And why would we trade for a corner that's coming off a serious injury? Plus Tebow is garbage. No thanks Vinny.

Ruhskins 01-23-2013 11:42 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;990743]Here's a lesson for all the kids out there.

Don't. Do. Crack.[/quote]

As the late Rick James said...

[YT]9PR_rzF8ofw[/YT]

skinsfaninok 01-23-2013 11:44 PM

No way. Jets would want a 2nd and 3rd at least.

gangstalicious 01-23-2013 11:59 PM

Trade for Mark Sanchez

Bring the Sanchize to D.C!

punch it in 01-24-2013 12:17 AM

[QUOTE=gangstalicious;990763]Trade for Mark Sanchez

Bring the Sanchize to D.C![/QUOTE]

This isnt funny....on any level - even a sarcastic one.

skinsfaninok 01-24-2013 12:20 AM

U can tell it's the off season lol

punch it in 01-24-2013 12:24 AM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;990739]I think there are other options out there that could be just as good at a much lower cost to us[/QUOTE]

I figured you would be all about this....than you could get that half Jets -half Skins - Revis jersey you have always dreamed of. Lol.

SFREDSKIN 01-24-2013 12:37 AM

[quote=44ever;990723]Thats just crazy...[/quote]

No, that's just Vinny.

CultBrennan59 01-24-2013 01:48 AM

The reason why this trade won't happen is because we have no money and really nothing to give up for him.

Revis, Willis, Bowman, Ware, Earl Thomas, JJ Watt, Patrick Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Wake, Von Miller, and Duane Brown are the only players I would consider trading for if they were ever on the trading block

sevier2 01-24-2013 05:53 AM

The superbowl hasn't even been played yet and we already have these threads going?

My senses tell me i should watch out for a "lets bring Ray Lewis out of retirement" thread pretty soon.

Either way, keep on keepin on warpath. It's what we do every off season :goodjob:

Alvin Walton 01-24-2013 07:23 AM

Can Revis even run yet?