Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fantasy Football 2015 Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=62731)

Kindoy 08-17-2015 05:59 AM

Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Football is back! There won't be a Sunday without football for a very, very long time - all is good in the world.

Today we had our draft for the 20-team PPR league I do with my buddies every year and I'm really happy with the way things turned out for me. Decided not to draft a kicker or DST. With so many teams the waiver wire gets thin, so I wanted to grab as many potential impact players as possible while I could and then see how things shake out for them in camp/pre-season. I'll stream kickers and DSTs as the season goes.

QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DST, 5 on the bench.
*(round.pick)

[B]Brady (6.17)[/B] - Potential top 5 QB at 117th pick. I'll deal w/ 4(?) game suspension. Loved that upside.
[B]RG3 (10.17)[/B]

[B]Emmanuel Sanders (2.17)[/B]
[B]Jordan Matthews (3.4)[/B] - WR1 upside/last year's Jeremy Maclin.
[B]Anquan Boldin (5.4)[/B] - Always undervalued.
[B]Stevie Johnson (9.4)[/B] - Rivers/team love him, they have a role for him in their offense. Word at camp is he looks really good & could have a big comeback year.
[B]Donte Moncrief (11.4)[/B]

[B]Eddie Lacy (1.4)[/B]
[B]CJ Spiller (4.17)[/B] - High-end RB2 upside in PPR at 77th pick. I think this pick could win me the league.
[B]Darren Sproles (7.4)[/B] - Should see more touches this year. Chip wants to feature him at slot, will be a mismatch problem.
[B]Cameron Artis-Payne (12.17)[/B]
[B]Travaris Cadet (14.17)[/B] I don't think NE signed him just to cut him, has a chance to fill the Shane Vereen void. Good pass catcher, decent pass blocker. My favorite deep sleeper in PPR leagues, worth a late round flyer.

[B]Owen Daniels (8.17)[/B]
[B]Eric Ebron (13.4)[/B]

Good luck in your drafts everyone, happy fantasy season!

Chico23231 08-24-2015 09:04 PM

Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

I just got out of a draft and this guy with Redskins in his team name drafted 4th...of course you know what this douche did...rg3 in the first round. This caused Eddie lacy to fall to me.thanks dumbass.

He also drafted Jordan reed, the skins defense, and Alfmo...but outside the rg3 pick his next greatest pick was x skins kicker Shaun suisham, who is out for the year with injury. Lol

Flyer97 08-24-2015 09:36 PM

I never hold my draft til the last weekend of August at the earliest because of injuries. The only year that being a Skins homer in fantasy for me was 1999 and I basically got every Skin imaginable. I torched the league, won all of the trophies, etc. Being a homer with Skins players is toxic and has been for the past 10 years. Skins D might be worth a bench place this season, but who knows.

That Guy 08-26-2015 12:03 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1117450]I just got out of a draft and this guy with Redskins in his team name drafted 4th...of course you know what this douche did...rg3 in the first round. This caused Eddie lacy to fall to me.thanks dumbass.

He also drafted Jordan reed, the skins defense, and Alfmo...but outside the rg3 pick his next greatest pick was x skins kicker Shaun suisham, who is out for the year with injury. Lol[/quote]

i play with a bunch of skins and boyz fans, generally you see maybe a 1 round increase due to homerism, but rg3 in round 1 is just.... wow. i'm sure he'll quit updating his lineup by week 5.

Chico23231 08-28-2015 07:40 PM

Hey folks, my pay league this year is moving to a half point ppr format...

Any advice on how I should draft?

los panda 08-28-2015 09:04 PM

i've never done ppr

MTK 08-28-2015 09:54 PM

[quote=los panda;1117870]i've never done ppr[/quote]

You're in one right now, and last year.

los panda 08-28-2015 10:12 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1117894]You're in one right now, and last year.[/quote]2nd place with no idea, oh boi, now you're in trouble. lolz

los panda 08-28-2015 10:17 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1117839]Hey folks, my pay league this year is moving to a half point ppr format...

Any advice on how I should draft?[/quote]^ and in that case, don't draft kelvin benjamin.

SirLK26 08-28-2015 10:29 PM

[quote=los panda;1117900]2nd place with no idea, oh boi, now you're in trouble. lolz[/quote]

Any grown man that uses the word "lolz" is not someone to be worried about. ;)

JoeRedskin 09-11-2015 09:32 AM

Having a hard time hating on Brady when all he does is score me points.

Taking offers on Drew Brees. lol

Also, thank you Antonio for the garbage time TD.

In my PPR league, had a shortage of RB's so I snagged D. Lewis as a flyer and played him last night as my RB2 (it was either him or Danny Woodhead). Yay!
B/c scoring is .5 pt./reception and only 1 pt./25 yds, Lewis outscored DeAngelo.

CRedskinsRule 09-14-2015 09:58 AM

So having Dez Bryant and DJax as a starting duo worked out great for me in 2 of the 3 leagues I'm in. [/sarc]

JoeRedskin 09-22-2015 06:41 AM

Well, that was a frustrating FF game.

- 2nd highest points, I lose.
- Despite 2nd highest points, suffer "biggest blowout" cause opponent outscored me by 40 pts.
- My trio of Brees, Blount & Morris got me ~22 pts. while my bench of Brady, G. Bernard, & D. Lewis had 77.

That Guy 09-22-2015 02:21 PM

i always have that problem where i start the wrong guys and leave a billion points on my bench.

Ruhskins 09-22-2015 03:11 PM

[quote=That Guy;1122126]i always have that problem where i start the wrong guys and leave a billion points on my bench.[/quote]

Same here. Although I'm currently 2-0 in one of my ESPN leagues and the Warpath League; and 1-1 in another league.

I tried my hand at daily FF and it's been a disaster; but I'm improving a bit.

Chico23231 09-23-2015 01:16 PM

Folks:

Peyton Manning vs Detroit

or

Matt Ryan vs Dallas

Dallas pass D has been really good and they are at home. 5.7 YPA and 68% passer rating

Detriot is rated 24 in pass D, 9.3 YPA, 108 passer rating.

My thinking is Peyton, but Dallas offense will be limited and may be turnover prone giving Matt Ryan short fields to f*ck with.

Opinions

scowan 09-23-2015 01:56 PM

So its Wednesday and there is no news yet on Eddie Lacy. I need to start 2 of these 4 and with the Thursday night game (Alfred Morris) verses the Monday night game (Eddie Lacy) I'm stuck. Who do I start? Alfred Morris, Eddie Lacy, Dion Lewis, Johnathan Stewart. need 2

JoeRedskin 09-23-2015 02:43 PM

In an injury situation, unless the indications and reports are "while still listed as questionable, he ran first team reps" or its equivalent, I follow the rule "a bird in the hand." AlfMo may not have the upside of a healthy Lacy, but he offers guaranteed points - who knows, he may still a TD or two. Until Jones takes it over, Morris is going to get good touches and good yards.

My choice would be D. Lewis and AlfMo.

Kindoy 09-23-2015 06:45 PM

[quote=scowan;1122258]So its Wednesday and there is no news yet on Eddie Lacy. I need to start 2 of these 4 and with the Thursday night game (Alfred Morris) verses the Monday night game (Eddie Lacy) I'm stuck. Who do I start? Alfred Morris, Eddie Lacy, Dion Lewis, Johnathan Stewart. need 2[/quote]

I own Lacy and Dion too.

I'm staying away from Lacy this week, Packers are usually cautious with injuries and you (like I) have some RB depth.

In a standard league I'd go Stewart/Morris, PPR I'd go Stewart/Lewis. I think Stewart will get back on track vs. a not so good NO defense.

Morris is good for 10-12 pts. so if you want the safe play then Morris over Stewart.

Kindoy 09-23-2015 06:50 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1122252]Folks:

Peyton Manning vs Detroit

or

Matt Ryan vs Dallas

Dallas pass D has been really good and they are at home. 5.7 YPA and 68% passer rating

Detriot is rated 24 in pass D, 9.3 YPA, 108 passer rating.

My thinking is Peyton, but Dallas offense will be limited and may be turnover prone giving Matt Ryan short fields to f*ck with.

Opinions[/quote]

Matt Ryan should have a solid game, but I think they may be running the ball with a blowout situation by the 3rd/4th quarter.

Peyton's game could turn into a shootout... he's playing a sh*tty D anyways.

Safe play is Ryan, Manning has higher upside... I'd go Manning.

JoeRedskin 09-23-2015 10:27 PM

2 RB's a Flex from:

Morris v. NYG
D. Lewis v. Jax
L. Bount v. Jax
Gio Bernard v. Balt.
J. Maclin v. GB
K. Wright v. Ind.

Leaning towards Morris, Lewis and Gio (one of the three being the flex)

Thoughts?

scowan 09-24-2015 12:26 PM

[quote=scowan;1122258]So its Wednesday and there is no news yet on Eddie Lacy. I need to start 2 of these 4 and with the Thursday night game (Alfred Morris) verses the Monday night game (Eddie Lacy) I'm stuck. Who do I start? Alfred Morris, Eddie Lacy, Dion Lewis, Johnathan Stewart. need 2[/quote]

So I was able to pick up James Starks, so I think I'll go Dion Lewis and Lacy or Starks depending on the injury report. At least I have an option on Monday no matter what. I'm hesitant to start Alfred and kinda bummed as a fantasy owner that I have him. I think after the Rams game Matt Jones is about to take over as the lead back. Its great as a Redskins fan, but a bummer as an Alfred Morris Fantasy owner.

scowan 09-24-2015 12:30 PM

[quote=Kindoy;1122291]Matt Ryan should have a solid game, but I think they may be running the ball with a blowout situation by the 3rd/4th quarter.

Peyton's game could turn into a shootout... he's playing a sh*tty D anyways.

Safe play is Ryan, Manning has higher upside... I'd go Manning.[/quote]

As tempting as Matt Ryan is this week, I do not see the Falcons running the ball weather they are ahead or behind. The don't have Tevin Coleman this week and D Freeman is a joke. Matt Ryan will be passing if the Falcons are up by 10 or down by 10. Besides the Cowboy Defense is pretty good against the run.

I still vote Peyton. I see Peyton saying "screw the coach's plan" He will be in the shotgun passing to Sanders and Thomas the whole game. After last Thursday night, he knows, we know and everyone knows that works.

Chico23231 09-24-2015 12:43 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1122322]2 RB's a Flex from:

Morris v. NYG
D. Lewis v. Jax
L. Bount v. Jax
Gio Bernard v. Balt.
J. Maclin v. GB
K. Wright v. Ind.

Leaning towards Morris, Lewis and Gio (one of the three being the flex)

Thoughts?[/quote]

If you are PPR, then Id go:

Morris, Maclin and K.Wright. I hate New England Running back because of how Hoodie changes it up. Baltimore is tough on the run, so Bernard is out right off the bat.

Thanks for the opinions with the peyton, matt ryan...im going with Peyton.

mooby 09-24-2015 02:23 PM

[quote=That Guy;1122126]i always have that problem where i start the wrong guys and leave a billion points on my bench.[/quote]

Yup.

Drafted Peyton and Romo as my backup. Week 1 started Manning: gave me 5 points, Romo on the bench had 20. Lost by 5 points. Week 2: started Romo: Romo gets injured in the 3rd after scoring 7 points, Manning had 20 on the bench. Lost by 5 again. Luckily this week I don't have a choice but to start Manning.

That Guy 09-24-2015 05:58 PM

i feel you mooby. i always draft the right players for the year and then start the wrong ones week after week. it's depressing. a draft grade that said i'd go 13-1 is already 0-2 (i know those things aren't great, but still). just a terrible start.

JoeRedskin 09-28-2015 09:58 AM

Okay. So here is my FF roster (QB, 2 RB, 2WR, Flex: RB/WR/TE, K, D, 5 bench slots):

QB: Brady, Brees
RB: AlfMo, G. Bernard, Arian Foster, Dion Lewis, L. Blount
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, J. Maclin, K. Wright
TE: T. Eifert
D: Arizona
K: A. Vinaterri.

My general theory is to get a good QB, load up on the best RB's and WR's I can, and play the match-ups for TE's, D's, & K's as they are unpredictable and, generally, outside of 1 or 2 exceptions (Gronk, Seattle for example), are interchangeable and streaming them as necessary is fine. Plus, as positions go, they vary markedly and unpredictably from season to season. I rarely draft or carry doubles on those positions.

My problems with the current roster are:

(1) I need to cut someone to stream a K, TE and D through the season. Not sure who I would chop as I see only Brady, Brown and Thomas (and Foster when he returns) as "must" starts.
(2) I don't see any real trade value here except the "must" starts and, for them, given their value to me, I don't see anyone giving me value for them or how trading any of them will improve my team - I just don't see how I can "win" any trade involving them; likely, it just makes the roster weaker.
(3) The rest of my team is flawed but not without value.
- Brees will be back but is really not an elite QB1 anymore. Although he will undoubtedly have one or two games later in the season where he puts up some elite points, he mostly likely will be barely average for the rest of the year (plus my need for him is pretty much gone after Week 4 and Brady's bye)
- My remaining RB's are true hit or miss and solidly in the RB 2/3 range: Morris's is losing value as we speak and may be relegated to the bench by the middle of the year ... unless he's not, who knows? Lewis/Blount are each good for points (league is ppr) but which to start when? Gio is a barely there RB3/Flex but, again, feel like I cut him and he is off waivers PDQ b/c he makes points.
- Wright looks like a solid WR3 flex guy from here on out, just makes me nervous in Tenn. He seems pretty boom or bust. Maclin looked like a steal before the season but then Alex Smith became Alex Smith again in the regular season and makes Maclin, like most of my team, a low to middling point producer who will rarely "Zero Out" and is likely to have an occasional, randomly unpredictable big game.

None of the guys who I would be willing to trade (Brees, Blount, Lewis, Bernard, Morris, Maclin, Wright) would likely get me anything better anywhere else (i.e. trading a RB to improve WR, TE, D).

So, I think I have to cut someone ... who do you cut and why.

[BTW, 3/4's of the league is on the Warpath ... so there you go folks, I laid it out for you. If you see a trade that helps us both - particularly if you are at the end of the waiver priority, I am open to it. I'm not an idiot (so, please no "here's my RB2 and bench guy for A. Brown" offers) but happy to make something happen if you can find a way to benefit both of us].

Kindoy 10-07-2015 11:15 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1123370]Okay. So here is my FF roster (QB, 2 RB, 2WR, Flex: RB/WR/TE, K, D, 5 bench slots):

QB: Brady, Brees
RB: AlfMo, G. Bernard, Arian Foster, Dion Lewis, L. Blount
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, J. Maclin, K. Wright
TE: T. Eifert
D: Arizona
K: A. Vinaterri.

My general theory is to get a good QB, load up on the best RB's and WR's I can, and play the match-ups for TE's, D's, & K's as they are unpredictable and, generally, outside of 1 or 2 exceptions (Gronk, Seattle for example), are interchangeable and streaming them as necessary is fine. Plus, as positions go, they vary markedly and unpredictably from season to season. I rarely draft or carry doubles on those positions.

My problems with the current roster are:

(1) I need to cut someone to stream a K, TE and D through the season. Not sure who I would chop as I see only Brady, Brown and Thomas (and Foster when he returns) as "must" starts.
(2) I don't see any real trade value here except the "must" starts and, for them, given their value to me, I don't see anyone giving me value for them or how trading any of them will improve my team - I just don't see how I can "win" any trade involving them; likely, it just makes the roster weaker.
(3) The rest of my team is flawed but not without value.
- Brees will be back but is really not an elite QB1 anymore. Although he will undoubtedly have one or two games later in the season where he puts up some elite points, he mostly likely will be barely average for the rest of the year (plus my need for him is pretty much gone after Week 4 and Brady's bye)
- My remaining RB's are true hit or miss and solidly in the RB 2/3 range: Morris's is losing value as we speak and may be relegated to the bench by the middle of the year ... unless he's not, who knows? Lewis/Blount are each good for points (league is ppr) but which to start when? Gio is a barely there RB3/Flex but, again, feel like I cut him and he is off waivers PDQ b/c he makes points.
- Wright looks like a solid WR3 flex guy from here on out, just makes me nervous in Tenn. He seems pretty boom or bust. Maclin looked like a steal before the season but then Alex Smith became Alex Smith again in the regular season and makes Maclin, like most of my team, a low to middling point producer who will rarely "Zero Out" and is likely to have an occasional, randomly unpredictable big game.

None of the guys who I would be willing to trade (Brees, Blount, Lewis, Bernard, Morris, Maclin, Wright) would likely get me anything better anywhere else (i.e. trading a RB to improve WR, TE, D).

So, I think I have to cut someone ... who do you cut and why.

[BTW, 3/4's of the league is on the Warpath ... so there you go folks, I laid it out for you. If you see a trade that helps us both - particularly if you are at the end of the waiver priority, I am open to it. I'm not an idiot (so, please no "here's my RB2 and bench guy for A. Brown" offers) but happy to make something happen if you can find a way to benefit both of us].[/quote]

I would be doing my best to sell high on Maclin right now to someone hurting for a WR. He's had his best two games for the rest of the season these past two weeks. Maybe package Maclin & Bernard (who I think will fade due to Hill in these next few weeks) for 1 really good player. If you want to hold on to Bernard then use Blount as a throw in. If you just need to cut one I'd cut Blount, you can't start him over any of your other backs with confidence - and you own the best back in that backfield (Lewis).

Kindoy 10-07-2015 11:30 PM

Just traded Spiller & Stevie Johnson for Moncreif & Joique Bell (throw in) in my 20 team league. Needed a legit WR3...

My roster as of now is:

QB: Brady
RB: Lacy
RB: D. Lewis
WR: Sanders
WR: J. Matthews
WR: Moncreif
TE: Ebron

BN: Boldin
BN: Sproles
BN: Owen Daniels
BN: Joique Bell
BN: Stefon Diggs

DST / K: (Streaming week to week)

Grabbed Diggs yesterday. I think he could end the year being somewhere between last years OBJ and Allen Robinson. 6'0, 4.46 40-time, very fluid and quick. Minnesota doesn't have any half decent receiver past Mike Wallace. 6 catches for 87 yards on 10 targets last week against a tough Denver secondary. He could/should pass up Charles Johnson and every one else on that depth chart. Worth a look in deep leagues.

Feeling pretty good about my team. Started 2-2 but the losses were due to some pretty unlucky matchups. Yahoo predicts me to go undefeated for the rest of the season.

mooby 10-08-2015 03:11 PM

Anyone else 0-4 despite scoring the 2nd most points in the league so far? If I don't win the next two I'm playing out the string. Got 150 points last week and lost by 20, got 185 the week before and lost by 10.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-08-2015 03:42 PM

mooby, I swear you and I have the same luck in FF.

Guess who I'm playing this week? That's right, a person starting both Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Kindoy 10-08-2015 07:38 PM

[quote=mooby;1124522]Anyone else 0-4 despite scoring the 2nd most points in the league so far? If I don't win the next two I'm playing out the string. Got 150 points last week and lost by 20, got 185 the week before and lost by 10.[/quote]

Week 3 I played a guy who got 43 from Steve Smith, and 15+ from both his kicker and defense. Last week I played the guy who had the most points in the league. I feel your pain...

Kindoy 11-03-2015 03:23 PM

I have the 6th most points in my league and am still in 19th place out of 20 teams. It's been a frustrating year.

jamf 11-03-2015 09:21 PM

JR, that game killed me.
To take the lead like that then lose it was heartbreaking.

Can't believe I lost with a 50pt performance from the QB I just traded you for. WOW!

Good Luck the rest of the way!

JoeRedskin 11-03-2015 10:50 PM

Agreed. Glad I came out on top was not convinced until time ran out.

Chico23231 11-11-2015 01:04 PM

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/11/sports/football/draftkings-fanduel-new-york-attorney-general-tells-fantasy-sites-to-stop-taking-bets-in-new-york.html[/url]

While I think there needs to be more transparency for daily league fantasy, I really think it's not out right gambling. How is fantasy sports illegal in New York, but lotto pick 3 or numbers games are ok?

Gotta feeling this could be it

skinsfan69 11-12-2015 03:09 PM

Brady or Cousins this week????

Chico23231 11-12-2015 04:00 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1128341]Brady or Cousins this week????[/quote]

Brady but im playing Cousins myself in 3 leagues this week with Luck and Matt Ryan out.

Hog1 11-15-2015 04:36 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1128341]Brady or Cousins this week????[/quote]

which way did you jump?

Chico23231 11-24-2015 12:01 PM

coming off a big win this weekend, now alone in first in my pay league.

It is so important to get the handcuff of your Running Back, especially if he is injury prone. And not the handcuffs you use for the side piece.

As an example, I have Marshawn "Beastmode" Lynch as one of my running backs. I took him first round and unfortunately he has had lingering injuries much of the season. Early on when I first heard of "injuries" to beastmode, I picked up Rawls. Not Lou Rawls, but Thomas Rawls. This was huge and propelled me to a win this last week. I check his status right before the game and Lynch was out...Rawls was ready to go.

Folks, if you want to be a flat out baller at fantasy you need to abide.