Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wearing Your Redskins Gear? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10514)

Sammy Baugh Fan 01-13-2006 09:31 AM

Wearing Your Redskins Gear?

Today I have on my 1945 Throwback Jersey on and my 2005 Sideline Visor.

I feel like the Redskins Spokesman while I'm out and about because everyone that sees my Visor or hat all ask me how well will we do. I give them the 60 second sound bite update with some good facts and everyone's ear turns to hear my facts.....that I stole from ya'll!

Remember 87% of all statistics are....made up!

peace
mike

What cha got on? At work?

BDBohnzie 01-13-2006 09:47 AM

Re: Wearing Your Redskins Gear?

being in a government facility, i decided to forgo the Bruce Smith jersey and went just regular casual. when we win, i'm getting myself a Skins tie to wear on Tuesday...

cpayne5 01-13-2006 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie]being in a government facility, i decided to forgo the Bruce Smith jersey and went just regular casual. when we win, i'm getting myself a Skins tie to wear on Tuesday...[/QUOTE]
I'm at a gov't facility and have a 56 jersey on, black skins polo and caution tape around my cube that reads "Do Not Enter - Redskins Fans Only". I have a Skins tie for my next trip to our corporate HQ, though. :D

MTK 01-13-2006 10:00 AM

Unfortunately our "football fridays" ended with the regular season, but I'll be sporting the gear all weekend.

BDBohnzie 01-13-2006 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=cpayne5]I'm at a gov't facility and have a 56 jersey on, black skins polo and caution tape around my cube that reads "Do Not Enter - Redskins Fans Only". I have a Skins tie for my next trip to our corporate HQ, though. :D[/QUOTE]
perhaps i should have just done it...just feel kinda weird with high ranking people running in and out of our area to be wearing a jersey to work.

ArtMonkDrillz 01-13-2006 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie]perhaps i should have just done it...just feel kinda weird with high ranking people running in and out of our area to be wearing a jersey to work.[/QUOTE]

We all know you don't work around high ranking people...

I've got my well-worn hat on and my fleece (had to order a years worth of S.I. that I didn't really want just to get it, well worth it), adn tonight I will probably sleep in my Art Monk jersey.

Maybe tomorrow I'll paint my face just to watch the game in my basement.

saskin 01-13-2006 10:26 AM

At school, in Texas....sporting a Portis throwback jersey.

skins052bgr8 01-13-2006 10:38 AM

Sporting my Sean Taylor "Spit in your face" if you don't like it jersey. Also out in the parking lot I have my Ford F-150 with my go skins magnets and flags a flying. It got command interest as in staff meeting this morning she commented about myself and a co-worker sporting the jerseys and a green truck in the lot with all these flags a Redskins stuff on them. My director always said dress for the position I want and I want the skins in the Super Bowl, that is my answer and I am sticking to it.

Sammy Baugh Fan 01-13-2006 10:49 AM

Someone stole our Skins Helmet magnet off our Jeep earlier this year.
Mayor of Washington had declared today Burgundy and Gold Day.

I'm in Compliance
[IMG]http://mikehedrick.com/redskins/sbf.jpg[/IMG]

Redskins_P 01-13-2006 11:12 AM

Just like Sammy Baugh Fan stated.....today is Burgundy and Gold day here in the DC area.

I'm wearing my authentic burgundy Portis jersey.......we have 7 people at work today wearing their skins gear.

dmek25 01-13-2006 11:23 AM

i got a big reaction by wearing my lavar jersey and skins hardhat to work.

dblanch66 01-13-2006 11:34 AM

Art Monk throwback jersey and the red script "R" sideline hat.

Daryl Elite 01-13-2006 11:57 AM

I'll be wearing my Art Monk autographed Redskins hat... and a burgundy shirt...

RobH4413 01-13-2006 12:05 PM

white throwback monk jeresey, w/ old school ('92) hat. then tomorrow its the shawn springs jersey w/ new hat. After the last win everyone in the entire house ran out banging pots and pans screaming the "hail to the redskins" song. At first I thought it was obnoxious and then I heard the supportive yells from the distance. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

BDBohnzie 01-13-2006 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz]adn tonight I will probably sleep in my Art Monk jersey.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the teddy bear and blanket that helped get you thru college ;)

ArtMonkDrillz 01-13-2006 12:17 PM

[QUOTE=RobH4413]white throwback monk jeresey, w/ old school ('92) hat. then tomorrow its the shawn springs jersey w/ new hat. After the last win everyone in the entire house ran out banging pots and pans screaming the "hail to the redskins" song. At first I thought it was obnoxious and then I heard the supportive yells from the distance. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I was at a wedding last week. Half the party missed the bride dance with her father because we were in the hotel lobby watching the end of the game. When Washington made that last INT we all busted into "HTTR" and proceeded to drink until the wee hours of the morning.

Since I was in the wedding party and forced to wear a tux as opposed to my Monk jersey and hat, I will be wearing a tux again tomorrow afternoon.

irish 01-13-2006 12:24 PM

I dont wear gear. The players only wear it when they are at official team functions because they are getting paid to wear it, so since no team is paying me to wear gear I make like a player and dress like an adult.

Redskins_P 01-13-2006 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=irish]I dont wear gear. The players only wear it when they are at official team functions because they are getting paid to wear it, so since no team is paying me to wear gear I make like a player and dress like an adult.[/QUOTE]

Huh? :rolleyes:

irish 01-13-2006 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]Huh? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that off the field the players dont wear that junk. If the people who are actually on the team wont wear that cr@p, then why would I?

dmek25 01-13-2006 12:47 PM

irish gettin alittle salty?relax,its all in good fun(always alot easier when the skins are winning)

Redskins_P 01-13-2006 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=irish]What I'm saying is that off the field the players dont wear that junk. If the people who are actually on the team wont wear that cr@p, then why would I?[/QUOTE]

Because you're a "fan"?

Players are players, fans are fans.

irish 01-13-2006 12:53 PM

I am a fan but I dont see what one has to do with the other. Like I said, when actual team members wont "gear up" on the streets the only reason I can think non-team members would is to in some way pretend they are part of the team. I know I am not on the team and nothing I say or do matters one whit to the team so I'll dress like an adult instead of a wanna-be player.

Redskins_P 01-13-2006 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=irish]I am a fan but I dont see what one has to do with the other. Like I said, when actual team members wont "gear up" on the streets the only reason I can think non-team members would is to in some way pretend they are part of the team. I know I am not on the team and nothing I say or do matters one whit to the team so I'll dress like an adult instead of a wanna-be player.[/QUOTE]

Its not about being a wanna be player. Its about representing your team with pride. C'mon we're all adults and we realize we're not part of the team, but that doesn't mean I'm not going buy gear and show my pride. Actual team members don't gear up because they wear their gear all week in practice and game day.

We're not part of the team, but we represent a big part of it. I don't think I'm part of the team, and I'm not a wanna be player. I'm an adult who loves the skins and will show it all day long.

irish 01-13-2006 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]Its not about being a wanna be player. Its about representing your team with pride. C'mon we're all adults and we realize we're not part of the team, but that doesn't mean I'm not going buy gear and show my pride. Actual team members don't gear up because they wear their gear all week in practice and game day.

We're not part of the team, but we represent a big part of it. I don't think I'm part of the team, and I'm not a wanna be player. I'm an adult who loves the skins and will show it all day long.[/QUOTE]

You must think you are part of the team because you call it your team and you believe you represent it in some respect. Having been friends & neighbors with a few NFL players I can tell you how funny they think that kind of talk is. They think its hillarious.

Redskins_P 01-13-2006 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=irish]You must think you are part of the team because you call it your team and you believe you represent it in some respect. Having been friends & neighbors with a few NFL players I can tell you how funny they think that kind of talk is. They think its hillarious.[/QUOTE]

Like I said I don't think I'm part of the team. Since you've been friends and neighbors with NFL players I guess you're right anyways. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

murphy196 01-13-2006 01:27 PM

Don't pay any attention to Irish, he's obviously bitter and broken. People wear their gear to support their favorite teams, they don't think they are part of the team, just huge supporters. There is no reason for you to act like you're better than all of us and try to belittle the guys that are having fun. Take your grumpiness some where else!!!

cpayne5 01-13-2006 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=murphy196]Don't pay any attention to Irish, he's obviously bitter and broken. People wear their gear to support their favorite teams, they don't think they are part of the team, just huge supporters. There is no reason for you to act like you're better than all of us and try to belittle the guys that are having fun. Take your grumpiness some where else!!![/QUOTE]
Amen!

irish 01-13-2006 01:36 PM

I'm not trying to belittle anyone. The thread asked what gear I wear and I answered what and why. I also passed along a story about what players I had come to become friends with thought of people who geared up for games. I suspect I'll have as much fun as anyone tomorrow rooting for the skins while partying with my buddies at my house.

Warpath 01-13-2006 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=irish]You must think you are part of the team because you call it your team and you believe you represent it in some respect. Having been friends & neighbors with a few NFL players I can tell you how funny they think that kind of talk is. They think its hillarious.[/QUOTE]
Im sure Arrington thinks its hilarious to look into the stands and see his jersey on just about 50% of the fans there. Im sure he really laughs out loud. What? Hell no, he loves it. So in your mind, when we all go to games we should wear anything but redskins jersey? Thats idiotic. You go on and not wear your gear.
We all wear our gear as a sense of pride among other people. It has absolutely nothing to do with people wanting to be players.

:point:

irish 01-13-2006 01:45 PM

[QUOTE=Warpath]Im sure Arrington thinks its hilarious to look into the stands and see his jersey on just about 50% of the fans there. Im sure he really laughs out loud. What? Hell no, he loves it. So in your mind, when we all go to games we should wear anything but redskins jersey? Thats idiotic. You go on and not wear your gear.
We all wear our gear as a sense of pride among other people. It has absolutely nothing to do with people wanting to be players.

:point:[/QUOTE]

Just curious how you know LA loves it.

A sense of pride about what?

I doubt LA laughs but I also doubt he gives it a second thought.

RedskinRat 01-13-2006 01:59 PM

Irish, are you The Grinch?

Anyone who wears NFL gear is doing so to show their alleigance, not to pretend to play for a team.

Schneed10 01-13-2006 02:09 PM

Irish, I think you kick puppies. I think you hate pizza, and apple pie, and wiffle ball, too.

Your logic doesn't make any sense to me, but however you want to represent the team is cool with me. We don't do the football gear thing in my office, but starting the second I get home tonight, I'll be in my Clinton Portis burgundy authentic. And, no I will not take it off until after the game, which means no I will not shower on Saturday!

Sammy Baugh Fan 01-13-2006 02:11 PM

"LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME" -irish

Whatever dewd.
Saying that "players" do this and do that sounds like you are speaking about ALL Players. Where is your data to back up any of your statements on this topic?

Where is your data to support that even Redskins players don't wear Skins gear when "off the clock"?

Your statements are ungrounded and false. Prove me wrong.

peace
mike

irish 01-13-2006 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]Irish, I think you kick puppies. I think you hate pizza, and apple pie, and wiffle ball, too.

Your logic doesn't make any sense to me, but however you want to represent the team is cool with me. We don't do the football gear thing in my office, but starting the second I get home tonight, I'll be in my Clinton Portis burgundy authentic. And, no I will not take it off until after the game, which means no I will not shower on Saturday![/QUOTE]

Thats my point, I'm not trying to represent the team.

Redskins_P 01-13-2006 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]Irish, I think you kick puppies. I think you hate pizza, and apple pie, and wiffle ball, too.

Your logic doesn't make any sense to me, but however you want to represent the team is cool with me. We don't do the football gear thing in my office, but starting the second I get home tonight, I'll be in my Clinton Portis burgundy authentic. And, no I will not take it off until after the game, which means no I will not shower on Saturday![/QUOTE]

Schneed10, I guess you and I are "wanna-be" Clinton Portis' since we both are wearing our authentic jerseys.

MossIShoss 01-13-2006 02:25 PM

I want a Sean Tarylor jersey!

1 more day until the bird roast!

irish 01-13-2006 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan]"LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME" -irish

Whatever dewd.
Saying that "players" do this and do that sounds like you are speaking about ALL Players. Where is your data to back up any of your statements on this topic?

Where is your data to support that even Redskins players don't wear Skins gear when "off the clock"?

Your statements are ungrounded and false. Prove me wrong.

peace
mike[/QUOTE]

I never said all players I only meant the one I was neighbors with (and then became friends) and some of his player buddies that would come by his house.

As for gear off the clock, my neighbor never did (or his buddies) and when I watch Pigging Out on Comcast or the Monday night show (also on Comcast)with Jansen and others, they dont have gear on either. I also dont see them wearing gear when being interviewed on the news heading home from the park in the evening. Small sample sizes I agree but facts nonetheless.

Sammy Baugh Fan 01-13-2006 02:30 PM

lol
So Fans in General should be like [1] One player who happens to live near you?

THAT is what you based all this BS on?
Bwhahahahahahahahah!!

Sammy Baugh Fan 01-13-2006 02:31 PM

I met Charles Mannn at Home Depot one time and he had on a Skins nice sweater.
So I'll see yer players and raise you one with a Ring.
lol

irish 01-13-2006 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan]lol
So Fans in General should be like [1] One player who happens to live near you?

THAT is what you based all this BS on?

Bwhahahahahahahahah!![/QUOTE]

Huh?

Used to be my neighbor. He had 4 rings.