Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22965)

skinsfan69 03-24-2008 09:55 PM

Re: Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones

[quote=SmootSmack;434202]Looks like Pac Man may be reinstated in the next couple of weeks according to Clayton[/quote]

I can forgive a lot of things. But Pac Man was with the guy who shot a man that will never walk again. Pac Man knows who this guy is and won't give him up to the police. I watched that piece on Real Sports and I just can't get it out of my head. Yet Vick gets two years in jail for sponsoring a dog fighting ring? Where is the freakin justice?? Roger G. shouldn't let this hood rat back in the NFL. Let him play in Canada.

sandtrapjack 03-25-2008 09:56 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;434322]I can forgive a lot of things. But Pac Man was with the guy who shot a man that will never walk again. Pac Man knows who this guy is and won't give him up to the police. I watched that piece on Real Sports and I just can't get it out of my head. Yet Vick gets two years in jail for sponsoring a dog fighting ring? Where is the freakin justice?? Roger G. shouldn't let this hood rat back in the NFL. Let him play in Canada.[/quote]
I hear ya'

Wasn't Ray Lewis in a very similar situation several years ago? Except it was actually a murder?

MTK 03-25-2008 10:10 AM

Lewis got off and seemed to just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, some people will never let it go.

Monkeydad 03-25-2008 11:16 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;434433]Lewis got off and seemed to just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, some people will never let it go.[/quote]

Plus, Lewis (unlike Jones) did not continue to go to the wrong places on a regular basis after getting in trouble.

Pacman went to a strip club before visiting the Commish for a meeting about giving him another chance...after being told not to go near those places by the Commish.

If you are THAT stupid and have that little respect for employers, authority and the law, you don't deserve another chance.

But, in Dallas, it never matters.

Rajmahal33 03-25-2008 12:26 PM

T.O. + Tank Johnson + Pacman Jones = Recipe for disaster...

2008-9 Cowboys: When keepin it real goes wrong!

MTK 03-25-2008 03:28 PM

[quote=Rajmahal33;434482]T.O. + Tank Johnson + Pacman Jones = Recipe for disaster...

[B]2008-9 Cowboys: When keepin it real goes wrong[/B]![/quote]

LOL nice

SC Skins Fan 03-25-2008 09:45 PM

It's one of those things where I would not want him in D.C., but I would also prefer he not end up in Dallas. The guy has shown himself as little more than a criminal going back to his WVU days, but he is also a game changing player. He was dominant in 2006 for the Titans. I understand the laughter at thoughts of Dallas acquiring him, but if (somehow) he could walk the straight-and-narrow he would be a whole heck of a lot better than the now departed Jacque Reeves or Anthony Henry.

[yt]FMdIOZxzgPs&feature[/yt]

GTripp0012 03-25-2008 11:44 PM

[quote=SC Skins Fan;434654]It's one of those things where I would not want him in D.C., but I would also prefer he not end up in Dallas. The guy has shown himself as little more than a criminal going back to his WVU days, but he is also a game changing player. He was dominant in 2006 for the Titans. I understand the laughter at thoughts of Dallas acquiring him, but if (somehow) he could walk the straight-and-narrow he would be a whole heck of a lot better than the now departed Jacque Reeves or Anthony Henry.

[yt]FMdIOZxzgPs&feature[/yt][/quote]I wouldn't worry about him making an immediate impact after being out of football for a year.

Players who are totally out of the game for a year (not playing in NFL Europe, the AFL, or the CFL), are certain to have development problems.

If a player has already peaked, then retires and comes back, it doesn't seem to hurt them that bad. Deion Sanders was fine, Testeverde was relatively fine, Flutie also.

But if they miss an entire year while in their development stage (think Mike Williams, Maurice Clarett, Jeremy Bloom) where they just don't play any football, then the effects tend to be devastating. Pac Man at least played in college and then two years in the NFL, so he probably won't be totally useless in a year or two, but I would bet you my house that Pac Man will never ever be as good as he was in 2006.

So, let the Cowboys have him. The development curve for him will be pretty killer, and if he can develop again into a No. 2 corner and doesn't ever get in to trouble again, then he's probably worth a 5th round pick. But those are a pair of pretty big ifs. If this guy gets arrested again, he's done.

And if Dallas starts him this year at CB, I think Jason Campbell should run up the score on them by picking on him all day.

GTripp0012 03-25-2008 11:47 PM

I just think that, from a football standpoint purely, a 5th rounder for Pac Man Jones is a horrible trade for Dallas. So here's hoping.

Ruhskins 03-26-2008 01:11 AM

I think our team should not even bother (which looks like they won't) with this guy. If the cowgirls get him and he works out good for them, and if not, well they knew wha tthey were getting into. I think after the whole Lloyd fiasco, we need to stop gambling on head cases that are unproven. And while Pacman might have been a good player with the Titans, he has been out of football for a year and to me that's unproven.

SmootSmack 03-26-2008 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;434692]I just think that, from a football standpoint purely, a 5th rounder for Pac Man Jones is a horrible trade for Dallas. So here's hoping.[/QUOTE]

By the way, I heard this morning that it may actually be a 4th round pick. Likely a 4th rounder in 2009 I believe.

MTK 03-26-2008 10:29 AM

Let Dallas take him, it's not like he's a shutdown #1 type of corner anyway.

GMScud 03-26-2008 11:15 AM

I heard clips of Jones from Michael Irvin's radio show yesterday. Not only does he sound like he has an IQ of about 12, but he said he has no regrets. NO REGRETS? Are you serious? You were involved in multiple police cases including a shooting that left a man paralyzed, and you lost millions of dollars by getting suspended for a year, and you have no regrets?? I wish this guy would just go away. I hope Dallas strip clubs beef up their security. What a joke. He makes my skin crawl. As does Michael Irvin by the way.

MTK 03-26-2008 11:24 AM

Yeah I've heard him talk too, definitely not the brightest bulb that's for sure.

lwiedy 03-26-2008 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;434100]let me ask you something. can Adam Jones change his attitude? or for that matter, can anyone change their attitude? this has been done a million times over. especially when big money is involved. now, part 2 to the question. could Heath Shuler turn into a pro bowl quarterback? i don't think so. you only have so much talent to work with. no matter how hard he worked, he would have mediocre, at best. this was a very dumb analogy. and right now, if Jones would get his head on straight, he would easily be the best corner on the redskins[/QUOTE]

I guess the problems with analogies are they are only as effective as the reader is coherent. AGAIN, I am not comparing anything between Shuler and Jones, nothing between talent and attitude. The analogy was to show that “putting attitude aside” in regards to Jones was simply ridiculous. It is the key issue of his availability. To ignore it is to be a fan, not someone responsible for an organization.

I am retiring from this thread (no matter what nonsensical reply follows) only because the basic premise is I dislike obnoxious punks, no matter how talented. I wish to be proud of my team and it has nothing to do with W-L’s. Victory without honor is hollow. Your standard is quite obviously different.