Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   3 reasons why Dallas will fail again this yr. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33600)

skinsfaninok 11-23-2009 12:39 PM

3 reasons why Dallas will fail again this yr.

1. First off this is not a thread to bash the cowboys just because I'm a diehard skins fan and we beat their ass all day yesterday.. Dallas is extremely overhyped, they have played 4 teams over .500 with a record of 1-3. Basically this shows that they are not ready of to play in December. 2. Dallas is soft! I don't care what their fans say, when they play a team that hits them in the mouth, they fade away ( green bay, wsh, den) because we physically beat them yesterday. When their final stretch comes in dec we will see the real Dallas team. (Sd,Nyg,PHi,NO) all are games in which they could lose. 3. Let's face it, the offense is inconsistent as hell, I can't understand why this team doesn't line up week in and week out and play smash mouth football. Barber and jones are both very talented and choice is pretty good also. Jason Garrett gets too cocky and thinks he is a genious and that's when they get in trouble. Dallas looks great against poor teams, but we proved yesterday that they are a pretender and not a contender. I can't tell u how proud I am of our effort yesterday playing w basically half of a roster, Dallas stole a game at HOME!! Sandtrap good luck and get ready because your boys are about to hit the wall yet again, right when you think they could win the east!

Lotus 11-23-2009 01:31 PM

Re: 3 reasons why Dallas will fail again this yr.

Dallas has been relatively fortunate with injuries. A major injury can derail them.

Also there is Tony Turnover, Mr. December.

I fully expect them to fold like a cheap lawn chair.

GTripp0012 11-23-2009 01:50 PM

Well, they aren't going to play a team with a replacement OL every week, so when they don't they will probably get beaten.

That said, they're playing the (new and improved!) Raiders this week, so 8-3 seems like a likely probability. They won't win many games down the stretch, but less because it's December, and more because they aren't all that good. If they can beat us again though, they'll probably be in the playoffs.

GTripp0012 11-23-2009 01:51 PM

The Giants are still well on their way to winning the division though.

skinsfaninok 11-23-2009 02:23 PM

^^ I still think the giants have it also, to me they have the best overall team in the east

FRPLG 11-23-2009 02:51 PM

I only need one...they aren't very good. No one in the NFCE is for that matter.

Ruhskins 11-23-2009 02:54 PM

[quote=FRPLG;629719]I only need one...they aren't very good. No one in the NFCE is for that matter.[/quote]

Whatever NFC East team makes it to the playoffs will be one and done. I think the mediocre play of other teams that are not Minny or New Orleans may result in two NFCE teams in the playoffs.

skinsfaninok 11-23-2009 03:17 PM

I think 2 get in from the east, I say ny and phi... Gb and az also the other wildcards.

skinsfaninok 11-23-2009 03:22 PM

Here's another reason y Dallas isn't for real lmao..[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/laron-landry-calls-roy-williams-scared/]LaRon Landry calls Roy Williams scared | ProFootballTalk.com[/url].

MTK 11-23-2009 03:35 PM

Williams drops it like it's hot anytime a defender is near him. He's been a mega bust for them.

FRPLG 11-23-2009 03:40 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;629752]Williams drops it like it's hot anytime a defender is near him. He's been a mega bust for them.[/quote]

I loved him when he was with Det. I remember thinking he was just a stud. I wonder what happened.

Lotus 11-23-2009 03:42 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;629752]Williams drops it like it's hot anytime a defender is near him. He's been a mega bust for them.[/quote]

He makes me laugh so much! When you consider what the Boys paid for him, consider his natural talent, and then watch his on-field failings...it makes me laugh.

mlmdub130 11-23-2009 04:02 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;629740]Here's another reason y Dallas isn't for real lmao..[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/laron-landry-calls-roy-williams-scared/]LaRon Landry calls Roy Williams scared | ProFootballTalk.com[/url].[/quote]

this is the same bs that laron has been doing all year, he has a decent game and goes and runs his f-ing mouth. williams has always had shaky hands and had cracked ribs a few weeks back. laron needs to keep his damn mouth shut and play football. if he gets a int or a sack then he can do his bs arm crossed i'm the shit stance, but after making a play he [B][U]should make in the first place[/U][/B] walk your sorry ass back to the huddle, and stop acting like a punk ass, cause you are just gonna cost us another penalty for taunting jackass

sorry, i got going and couldn't stop, but he has been pissing me off for a while, ever since jacob trucked him he hasn't been the same

sportscurmudgeon 11-23-2009 04:06 PM

Defining "fail" is important here:

1. Dallas will fail to win the Super Bowl.

2. Dallas will fail to make it to the NFC Conference Championship Game.

3. Dallas will fail to win a playoff game.

4. Dallas will fail to retain its head coach/coaching staff next year.

However:

1. Dallas will NOT fail to avoid a losing season.

2. Dallas will NOT fail to be alive for a playoff spot after Christmas.

The Redskins WILL fail on all six of these counts...

Longtimefan 11-23-2009 04:06 PM

Going against their chief NFC east rival with a 3-6 record at home, they were exposed for 3 3/4 qtrs. Don't expect to surf on that fragile wave they're riding. This is a team that has consistently thrived on it's reputation.

53Fan 11-23-2009 04:18 PM

1- Jerry Jones
2- Wade Phillips
3- They suck

SmootSmack 11-23-2009 04:30 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;629773]this is the same bs that laron has been doing all year, he has a decent game and goes and runs his f-ing mouth. williams has always had shaky hands and had cracked ribs a few weeks back. laron needs to keep his damn mouth shut and play football. if he gets a int or a sack then he can do his bs arm crossed i'm the shit stance, but after making a play he [B][U]should make in the first place[/U][/B] walk your sorry ass back to the huddle, and stop acting like a punk ass, cause you are just gonna cost us another penalty for taunting jackass

sorry, i got going and couldn't stop, but he has been pissing me off for a while, ever since jacob trucked him he hasn't been the same[/quote]

"I felt good out there," he said, but continued, "I ain't gonna say it was my best game, but I felt good out there. But the bigger picture is we lost. I don't give a [darn] how I played, how the defense, offense, special teams did. At the end of the day, we lost. And no matter how we played, it wasn't good enough."

This, Landry quite rightly pointed out, is what he SHOULD be doing. "That was my job, man," he said. "I mean, to make plays and tackles, interceptions, pass deflections, whatever. I mean, that's every defender's job. So yesterday I just did my job."

[url=http://blog.redskins.com/2009/11/23/monday-november-23-laron-landry-doesnt-give-a-darn-how-he-p/#continued]Monday, November 23: LaRon Landry Doesn't Give A [Darn] How He Played[/url]

mlmdub130 11-23-2009 04:41 PM

he has one game that he plays good, not great and he says

"Scared," Landry said flatly. "Yeah. I know he was. Y'all can quote it, too. Y'all can tell him right now, tell him I'm sayin' it. I can say it right now: yeah, he was scared, I think. I told him he was scared."

i'm just fed up with laron and that stupid i'm the s stance he makes after plays he should make, and if thats his job as he says why the f is he show boating so much?

skinsfaninok 11-23-2009 04:44 PM

[quote=sportscurmudgeon;629778]Defining "fail" is important here:

However:

The Redskins WILL fail on all six of these counts...[/quote]

They will Fail to win the East and possibly make the playoff's.. Romo is inconsistent and us and GB both shut down that "Great" passing game.. And wtf did Miles Austin do? Nothing!

Ruhskins 11-23-2009 05:40 PM

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4683082]Dallas Cowboys brushing off Dave Campo-Terence Newman altercation - ESPN Dallas[/url]

JLee9718 11-23-2009 05:48 PM

Maybe what Dallas needs is their own Sherm Lewis. I can't say much for their play calling.

T.O.Killa 11-23-2009 05:50 PM

I hope they at least win one playoff game, that way they are assured of keeping their coach. That way we wont be competing against them.

Gmanc711 11-23-2009 05:50 PM

Honestly, at this point, its New Orleans, Minnesota, and everyone else. The Giants or Cardinals may be able to sneak in and upset them...but I just dont see anyone beating Minnesota in the playoffs...

sandtrapjack 11-23-2009 09:01 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;629643]we beat their ass all day yesterday[/quote]
Of course except where it counted.....the final score.

Lotus 11-23-2009 09:07 PM

[quote=T.O.Killa;629853][B]I hope they at least win one playoff game[/B], that way they are assured of keeping their coach. That way we wont be competing against them.[/quote]

NO!!!

If Dallas loses its next playoff game, it will set an NFL record for consecutive playoff losses at 7. That's a record Dallas must have!

I understand the idea of keeping the always-hilarious Dough Boy on the sideline, though.

GMScud 11-23-2009 09:11 PM

[quote=sandtrapjack;629896]Of course except where it counted.....the final score.[/quote]

You guys are massive pretenders. You had one hot 4 game stretch against pretty bad teams, and it was all on the back of Miles Austin. Now that defensive coaches have some film on him, he's basically disappeared, and your offense have grinded back to where it was.

mlmdub130 11-23-2009 09:15 PM

[quote=Lotus;629901]NO!!!

[B]If Dallas loses its next playoff game, it will set an NFL record for consecutive playoff losses at 7. That's a record Dallas must have![/B]
I understand the idea of keeping the always-hilarious Dough Boy on the sideline, though.[/quote]

really?thats awesome, i so hope they make the playoffs then lose, i have something to hope for in the offseason now,. although i would bet they strugle to make the wild card and they fire the doughboy w/o making the playoffs

either way win win

53Fan 11-23-2009 09:16 PM

[quote=Lotus;629901]NO!!!

If Dallas loses its next playoff game, it will set an NFL record for consecutive playoff losses at 7. [B]That's a record Dallas must have![/B]

I understand the idea of keeping the always-hilarious Dough Boy on the sideline, though.[/quote]

I think they should have it too. They've earned it. :)

GusFrerotte 11-23-2009 09:28 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;629734]I think 2 get in from the east, I say ny and phi... Gb and az also the other wildcards.[/quote]

I agree Okie on your thread in general(Cowboys are a weak ass team) , but not your wildcard picks. Giants probably come away with the division, but Philly is improving in my opinion and still can take it. Gmen have to lock down their D to clinch it. Atlanta is beat up and has fallen from grace. Ryan has played lame as of late also, so only the Saints from the South. Carolina is a decent team, but not good enough to get to the big dance, that is unless the Pack keeps losing. Arizona is a strong team and can still earn a bye in the playoffs if NY falters anymore. They seem to have a nice RB tandem now with Hightower and Beanie, so they are a balanced offensive team.

GMScud 11-23-2009 09:41 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;629734]I think 2 get in from the east, I say ny and phi... Gb and [B]az also the other wildcards[/B].[/quote]

AZ as a wildcard? Then who do you think will win that division? Seattle, and St. Louis are bad, and San Fran is gonna have to turn things around really quickly to have any shot.

I think the division winners will be Philly, NO, Minn, and AZ, with GB and NYG as the wild cards. IMO.

mlmdub130 11-23-2009 09:48 PM

[quote=GMScud;629917]I think the division winners will be Philly, NO, Minn, and AZ, with GB and NYG as the wild cards. IMO.[/quote]

yup, but with that dallas stat i'd like to see them sneak in by wildcard

sandtrapjack 11-24-2009 09:20 AM

[quote=GMScud;629904]You guys are massive pretenders. You had one hot 4 game stretch against pretty bad teams, and it was all on the back of Miles Austin. Now that defensive coaches have some film on him, he's basically disappeared, and your offense have grinded back to where it was.[/quote]
Pretty bad teams in that 4 game stretch you say? Hmm last time I looked 2 of those games were wins against "quality" opponents. Atlanta and Philly. Winning at home and on the road.

Call them pretenders all you want. Maybe you are right, and, maybe not.

Once all the smoke clears (and the smack) nothing takes away from the fact that they are STILL in first place in thier division. They still have a top 5 offense in the league, they still have the #5 ranked scoring defense in the league. And over the last 6 games they are 5-1. There is only one other team in the NFC with at better stretch than that, and that is the undefeated New Orleans Saints.

Say what you want. Call them "pretenders" or whatever. At the end of the day though, these facts are undisputable.

skinsfaninok 11-24-2009 09:28 AM

^^ no doubt that Dallas has won the games that they should have.. And btw apparently Atlanta isn't that good, their d is horrible. I give Dallas credit against bad teams but they are 1-3 vs teams over .500.... Dallas has a hard December stretch so we will see if they are for real or not.

FRPLG 11-24-2009 09:31 AM

[quote=sportscurmudgeon;629778]The Redskins WILL fail on all six of these counts...[/quote]

How is this relevant?

MTK 11-24-2009 09:32 AM

[quote=sportscurmudgeon;629778]Defining "fail" is important here:

However:

The Redskins WILL fail on all six of these counts...[/quote]

Thanks for pointing out the obvious in regard to the Skins, but this is a piss on the Cowboys parade type of thread. Regardless of what's going on with us, it's always fun to poke fun at the chokers in Dallas.

skinsfaninok 11-24-2009 09:35 AM

^^ is that guy a skins fan or cowboys fan? WTF we know the skins are bad and this is y I made this thread.. We showed everyone Sunday that they aren't that good.

skinsfan69 11-24-2009 10:21 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;629643]1. First off this is not a thread to bash the cowboys just because I'm a diehard skins fan and we beat their ass all day yesterday.. Dallas is extremely overhyped, they have played 4 teams over .500 with a record of 1-3. Basically this shows that they are not ready of to play in December. 2. Dallas is soft! I don't care what their fans say, when they play a team that hits them in the mouth, they fade away ( green bay, wsh, den) because we physically beat them yesterday. When their final stretch comes in dec we will see the real Dallas team. (Sd,Nyg,PHi,NO) all are games in which they could lose. 3. Let's face it, the offense is inconsistent as hell, I can't understand why this team doesn't line up week in and week out and play smash mouth football. Barber and jones are both very talented and choice is pretty good also. Jason Garrett gets too cocky and thinks he is a genious and that's when they get in trouble. Dallas looks great against poor teams, but we proved yesterday that they are a pretender and not a contender. I can't tell u how proud I am of our effort yesterday playing w basically half of a roster, Dallas stole a game at HOME!! Sandtrap good luck and get ready because your boys are about to hit the wall yet again, right when you think they could win the east![/quote]

It depends what you call a failure. Dallas is a good but not great team. I think they're a playoff team but probably not a SB team. So if they make the playoffs and win a game I'd say they've had a good year.

And I wish people would stop saying " we had half our roster gone and still almost won the game". It doesn't matter cause they won and we lost. Who cares about injuries? It's the NFL and everyone has them and they're not an excuse. When we have all of our guys we still can't score points so it really doesn't matter.

skinsfan69 11-24-2009 10:26 AM

[quote=GMScud;629904]You guys are massive pretenders. You had one hot 4 game stretch against pretty bad teams, and it was all on the back of Miles Austin. Now that defensive coaches have some film on him, he's basically disappeared, and your offense have grinded back to where it was.[/quote]

I find this pretty funny considering that we lost to KC at home and Det. They're 7-3 and we're 3-7. It doesn't matter how the wins look...at win is a win and a loss is a loss. Really not much any Redskin fan should say to Dallas right now.

53Fan 11-24-2009 10:28 AM

Sandtrapjack mirrors the Cowgirls perfectly. Makes a lot of noise in November and disappears in December. :laughing-

sandtrapjack 11-24-2009 10:43 AM

[quote=53Fan;630080]Sandtrapjack mirrors the Cowgirls perfectly. Makes a lot of noise in November and disappears in December. :laughing-[/quote]
Well the Redskins disappeared in September.