Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL conference championship weekend (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64307)

skinsfaninok 01-15-2019 10:43 AM

NFL conference championship weekend

One of the best weekends in football, I wonder how it would be if the skins actually made it....

Anyways on to a former Redskin, Sean Mcvay was absolutely on fire with his play calling Saturday night, mostly in the run game.. Go figure.

The Rams scheme was so good, Dallas (very good defense) was on its heels all night. Old man Andrew Whitworth was killing Gregory all night.

I'm going all in on the Rams, I think they will beat NO Sunday but lose to KC in the SB.

What do you all say?

Buffalo Bob 01-15-2019 11:03 AM

Re: Nfl conference championship weekend

I will take KC & NO and lay the points. I am 2-5-1 this year in the play-offs, ha,ha.

mooby 01-15-2019 11:28 AM

Re: NFL conference championship weekend

Saw that article that said the Rams knew what the Cowboys d-line was doing 90% of the time. No wonder they had so much success in the running game.

There are no losers for me in Rams-Saints, I don't mind either of them. All I ask for is the Pats to lose, but I know that's a tall order based off previous history. Chiefs-Patriots is all about history not repeating itself.

sevier2 01-15-2019 12:13 PM

[quote=mooby;1217052]Saw that article that said the Rams knew what the Cowboys d-line was doing 90% of the time. No wonder they had so much success in the running game.

[B]There are no losers for me in Rams-Saints, I don't mind either of them. All I ask for is the Pats to lose, but I know that's a tall order based off previous history. Chiefs-Patriots is all about history not repeating itself.[/B][/quote]

I'm right there with you but if history is any indication, Tom and Bill are headed back to the superbowl. It's how it always plays out. "Mediocre" season (in Patriots world) then they're right there in the thick of it at the end.

Would love to see a Rams-Chiefs superbowl. Wouldn't mind Brees winning another one too but i'm not a huge fan of Sean Payton.

and in reality, if it isn't the Skins I don't really care all that much who it is. As long as it's not an NFC East rival.

Giantone 01-15-2019 12:36 PM

I have no favorites in the NFC I am happy with either but I want Brady and Belichick to go back and win it.

skinsfaninok 01-15-2019 12:52 PM

[quote=Giantone;1217060]I have no favorites in the NFC I am happy with either but I want Brady and Belichick to go back and win it.[/quote]

Their greatness is tiring but cool at the same time.

sandtrapjack 01-15-2019 01:25 PM

No dog in the fight. Season ending mourning period is over. Jumping on the Saints bandwagon for the next 3 weeks.

Chico23231 01-15-2019 01:46 PM

Want to see Saints vs Kansas City in the SB. Would like to see Andy Reid get a SB

metalskins 01-15-2019 01:54 PM

Anybody but the Patriots. I have a soft heart for the Rams because of Sean McVay, but I would like to see all around good guy Drew Brees get one more ring.

Would be a fun Super Bowl with Mahomes in it.

mooby 01-15-2019 09:30 PM

Even if the Patriots win this weekend, I won't be too upset about it. Brady just doing what he does.

[IMG]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49829588_2636940166324809_3451628069175951360_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=24c9ce72a6c5f12d729c3a59ccb55ef3&oe=5D00DB01[/IMG]

skinsfaninok 01-16-2019 08:11 AM

[quote=mooby;1217108]Even if the Patriots win this weekend, I won't be too upset about it. Brady just doing what he does.

[IMG]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49829588_2636940166324809_3451628069175951360_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=24c9ce72a6c5f12d729c3a59ccb55ef3&oe=5D00DB01[/IMG][/quote]

That is just unreal, it will never happen again

TheMalcolmConnection 01-16-2019 02:28 PM

I wouldn't care about the Patriots if it wasn't for that steam-rolling bandwagon train of douchebags that followed after their domination of the league. Winning breeds it for sure, but literally people I've known my entire life that were fans of X team for years and years are all Patriots fans now.

Chico23231 01-16-2019 02:47 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;1217145]I wouldn't care about the Patriots if it wasn't for that steam-rolling bandwagon train of douchebags that followed after their domination of the league. Winning breeds it for sure, but literally people I've known my entire life that were fans of X team for years and years are all Patriots fans now.[/quote]

My first question meeting a patriots fan is what part of New England are you from and then I listen to the bullshit excuse of why they are a pats
Fan

Ruhskins 01-16-2019 02:49 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1217146]My first question meeting a patriots fan is what part of New England are you from and then I listen to the bullshit excuse of why they are a pats
Fan[/quote]

You can say the same for Cowpuke fans.

skinsfaninok 01-16-2019 03:18 PM

I know some Dallas fans that have never even been to Texas.. It happens

sandtrapjack 01-16-2019 04:03 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1217150]I know some Dallas fans that have never even been to Texas.. It happens[/quote]

Et tu Skins fan in Oklahoma?

Location New York? Where the hell are you man?

mooby 01-16-2019 07:24 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1217150]I know some Dallas fans that have never even been to Texas.. It happens[/quote]

Pretty common up here. Most common reason I find for Dallas fans that have lived in NoVa their whole lives is "my family are Redskins fans, and I didn't want to be a part of that so I picked their biggest rival."

Also you guys can shit on fans that grew up outside the regional area, or became attracted to the team because they were good at the time, but I'm 99% skinsfaninok is one or the other. I don't begrudge people for what team they picked as long as they stick with the team. If you're a Dallas fan up until last week and now you're a fan of a new team you can go kick rocks though. It's why I shit on guys like 5sb's3rings when they say they're gonna go root for Philly because our team is a dumpster fire.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-16-2019 07:36 PM

[quote=mooby;1217161]Pretty common up here. Most common reason I find for Dallas fans that have lived in NoVa their whole lives is "my family are Redskins fans, and I didn't want to be a part of that so I picked their biggest rival."

Also you guys can shit on fans that grew up outside the regional area, or became attracted to the team because they were good at the time, but I'm 99% skinsfaninok is one or the other. [B]I don't begrudge people for what team they picked as long as they stick with the team.[/B] If you're a Dallas fan up until last week and now you're a fan of a new team you can go kick rocks though. It's why I shit on guys like 5sb's3rings when they say they're gonna go root for Philly because our team is a dumpster fire.[/quote]

This. That’s all I ask.

skinsfaninok 01-17-2019 02:58 PM

Chris Thompson on meeting AD

Funny story. When AP was on his visit here I introduced myself to him and assumed he knew who I was based off how well I had played the previous season. As we were talking he said, “you play cornerback?” My heart dropped. 😂😂😂

mooby 01-17-2019 06:35 PM

[url]http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25776964/insurance-market-football-evaporating-causing-major-threat-nfl-pop-warner-colleges-espn[/url]

TL;DR: Insurance companies don't want to do business with the NFL (and even leagues as small as Pop Warner) as they are scared about losing money, so if/when the NFL dies it will be because nobody wants to provide insurance for NFL players.

rocnrik 01-18-2019 08:18 AM

I’m with you mooby! We gotta stick together even though we all are frustrated! I still say if Alex does not go down we make playoffs !! I know the qb situation now is bleak and I don’t have a lot of faith in FO to right the ship but what the hell am I gonna do .. one thing I ain’t doing is jumping ship! That’s what rats do!!

skinsfaninok 01-18-2019 08:51 AM

[quote=mooby;1217220][url]http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25776964/insurance-market-football-evaporating-causing-major-threat-nfl-pop-warner-colleges-espn[/url]

TL;DR: Insurance companies don't want to do business with the NFL (and even leagues as small as Pop Warner) as they are scared about losing money, so if/when the NFL dies it will be because nobody wants to provide insurance for NFL players.[/quote]

This is a serious issue. I coach Pop Warner with USA Football and they have been talking about this for a couple years.

Chico23231 01-18-2019 08:57 AM

What Superbowl do you want to see?

My pick:

Chiefs vs Saints

skinsfaninok 01-18-2019 08:57 AM

[quote=sandtrapjack;1217155]Et tu Skins fan in Oklahoma?

Location New York? Where the hell are you man?[/quote]

Ha crazy man, I grew up in South Mississippi , moved to Norman Ok at 14 years old and I'm now in NY so been all over bro. So When people say "you cant be a fan unless u live there" I hate that. Been a skins fan since I was 5 years old (32 now). I have been to DC to see my skins but that has only been once, the rest were road games.

skinsfaninok 01-18-2019 08:59 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1217247]What Superbowl do you want to see?

My pick:

Chiefs vs Saints[/quote]

I don't care who goes tbh, but I think it''s be Rams Chiefs

Schneed10 01-18-2019 09:00 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1217247]What Superbowl do you want to see?

My pick:

Chiefs vs Saints[/quote]

What are you asking? What do we want to see, or what we're picking as the likely?

Chico23231 01-18-2019 09:03 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1217251]What are you asking? What do we want to see, or what we're picking as the likely?[/quote]

what do you want to see

Schneed10 01-18-2019 09:28 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1217252]what do you want to see[/quote]

I feel spoiled this year because I'd really take any of the potential matchups.

Brees vs Brady? Good guy vs bad guy, each at the tail end of their careers so this might be the last best shot.

Rams vs Patriots? Young upstart coach who I love vs the evil empire of Belichick who I can't stand.

Brees vs Mahomes? Matchup of the two most deserving of MVP votes, old guard pocket passer vs the Ferrari.

Rams vs Chiefs, maybe the least compelling matchup to me. But I'd still like to see which offense stacks up better, Andy's or Sean's.

I hate the Patriots but I almost want them to beat the Chiefs and get to the SB because I'd like to have a villain in the SB to root against. Still, I don't think I can be disappointed, no matter how it shakes out.

I'll take Saints vs Pats as the most compelling. I'd love to see Brees and Brady go head to head.

Chico23231 01-18-2019 09:35 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1217258]I feel spoiled this year because I'd really take any of the potential matchups.

Brees vs Brady? Good guy vs bad guy, each at the tail end of their careers so this might be the last best shot.

Rams vs Patriots? Young upstart coach who I love vs the evil empire of Belichick who I can't stand.

Brees vs Mahomes? Matchup of the two most deserving of MVP votes, old guard pocket passer vs the Ferrari.

Rams vs Chiefs, maybe the least compelling matchup to me. But I'd still like to see which offense stacks up better, Andy's or Sean's.

[B]I hate the Patriots but I almost want them to beat the Chiefs and get to the SB because I'd like to have a villain in the SB to root against[/B]. Still, I don't think I can be disappointed, no matter how it shakes out.

I'll take Saints vs Pats as the most compelling. I'd love to see Brees and Brady go head to head.[/quote]

ha, yeah this is a good point. I was telling our contractors yesterday, Im still pissed off how Atlanta couldn't close them out several years ago.

I think with me, Andy Reid is probably the best coach out there without a SB...want the fat man to pull it out this year.

skinsfaninok 01-18-2019 10:09 AM

All the talk is Brady , Mahomes and Brees rightfully so.. But Goff deserves props too.

32 Tds 12 Ints.

That's a pretty damn good year.

skinsfan69 01-18-2019 10:13 AM

It would be great to see Reid get a SB. He's so deserving of one. I can't stand Sean Payton. He just comes across as a first class douche. Tired of the Pats. If McVay got a SB then all hell would break loose here in DC. Not sure I could take the "how come we didn't hire McVay" crowd.

skinsfaninok 01-18-2019 01:23 PM

Dallas fires Linehan days after saying he will be back lol

Chico23231 01-18-2019 01:50 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1217269]Dallas fires Linehan days after saying he will be back lol[/quote]

I think its a smart move. Linehan hasn't been terrible but hasn't grown like it should have....it has limited Dak in order to mitigate basically bad throws. Not a bad strategy. Dak threw one of the easy pick 6 in the last game...only to have it dropped.

skinsfaninok 01-18-2019 02:57 PM

Dak is also part of the problem, he's just not very good.

Speaking of QB's

John Clayton " The Jags are by far the front runner for Foles, the Redskins are looking at other options like Joe Flacco / Rookies"

NFL Sirius Xm

kct1975 01-18-2019 04:13 PM

Just wanted to mention that I am hoping that the Saints Win and the Chiefs Win

If the Patriots win and go to the Super Bowl, then I will be rooting for any NFC team to beat them!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

mooby 01-18-2019 06:57 PM

I'm hoping for Chiefs/Rams as neither team has had any playoff success in decades. But i won't be upset if the Saints win. Basically anybody but the Pats (I'm tired of seeing Kraft on the podium acting like he deserves a lot of credit for what is basically the Belichick/Brady show. Only credit he deserves is for being hands off and letting Belichick run the ship.

And since I'd like it to be Chiefs/Rams, it means it will probably be Pats/Saints. I have a ton of respect for Brees, especially after seeing firsthand what he deals with off the field, so I wouldn't mind seeing him get another ring. Odds are on the Pats though, just because they're so used to this.

skinsfan69 01-19-2019 02:44 PM

Was just watching Cowherd and get this, the Pats, who play every year deep into the season, don't have anyone on the injured list. WTF??

Chico23231 01-19-2019 03:28 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1217337]Was just watching Cowherd and get this, the Pats, who play every year deep into the season, don't have anyone on the injured list. WTF??[/quote]

It isn’t luck. These are routines and strategies team implement to stay healthy or mitigate injury risk. We as an org say “bad luck” and resign oft injured left guard

DYoungJelly 01-19-2019 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1217338]It isn’t luck. These are routines and strategies team implement to stay healthy or mitigate injury risk. We as an org say “bad luck” and resign oft injured left guard[/QUOTE]Except for Gronk and the players they consider special, they move on from the rank and file guys with injuries fast.

What are the odds they would go through the ordeal with Reed, Lavau, or Thompson.

Honestly, they would have moved on from Trent and Morgan by now too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mooby 01-20-2019 10:36 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1217338]It isn’t luck. These are routines and strategies team implement to stay healthy or mitigate injury risk. [B]We as an org say “bad luck” and resign oft injured left guard[/B][/quote]

Nailed it. "There were no better replacements than Lauvao out there."