Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come up with a new name for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64635)

MTK 07-06-2020 10:09 AM

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Why keep honoring a group that doesn't want to be honored? Just get out of this NA business entirely.

Dan22 07-06-2020 10:28 AM

And why not the Washington Burgundy & Gold?
That's who we are after all...

TheMalcolmConnection 07-06-2020 10:37 AM

I just want us to stay far away from anything regarding politics and REALLY far from anything regarding race/skin color. Wouldn't it be a little disingenuous to suddenly change to something because you got pressure to? Would hate to "back into" doing something respectable. If you're going to do it, do it because you want to, not because you were pressured to.

irish 07-06-2020 10:41 AM

[quote=MTK;1253973]Why keep honoring a group that doesn't want to be honored? Just get out of this NA business entirely.[/quote]

Absolutely. Keeping any NA imagery or name reference means someone (NA or not) will find a reason to be upset. If they are going to make a change change it all the way.

Revolution is a good name but the New England's MLS team already took that name. If they could steal a team name I'd love to see them called the "Go-Go" after DC's music but there already a basketball team in DC called the Go-Go.

Redskins247 07-06-2020 10:44 AM

Something else to consider since the nickname is being changed...could Snyder use this to get a new stadium venue. If Virginia wanted the team, deal could be made to change the name to the Virginia _________ if they outbid DC. Since ALL of this is just about money anyway, I'd drag this out if I were Snyder to get the best deal...especially with the minority owners also possibly wanting out, he may try to do anything to save his stake in the ownership.

Giantone 07-06-2020 10:47 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1253956][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcBsMXmX0AUmHgC?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG][/quote]

Very nice work!

TheMalcolmConnection 07-06-2020 10:55 AM

I'm digging Washington Warthogs.

skinsfaninok 07-06-2020 10:55 AM

[quote=Giantone;1253979]Very nice work![/quote]

I didn't do these but I really like them as well

TheMalcolmConnection 07-06-2020 10:55 AM

Side note: will all of our old gear now be like wearing the confederate flag?

skinsfaninok 07-06-2020 10:57 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;1253984]Side note: will all of our old gear now be like wearing the confederate flag?[/quote]

I'm still wearing mine fuck it

Back2RFK 07-06-2020 11:17 AM

[quote=metalskins;1253669]Washington Warriors isn't lame. It makes the most sense and the team can virtually keep colors and logo. Essentially would be the fastest route to a change. The Redtails isn't as bad as some of the other horrific ideas I've heard.[/quote]

They say the Logo is also offensive.

skinsfaninok 07-06-2020 11:22 AM

[quote=Back2RFK;1253993]They say the Logo is also offensive.[/quote]

That's why I say go Redhawks and keep the R logo

skinsfaninok 07-06-2020 11:24 AM

Washington Redhawks also has no native connection, you can say the feathers on the R are from a Hawk. Other than that, they would have to wipe out the whole scheme in place and come up with something new ASAP...

Redskins247 07-06-2020 11:25 AM

[quote=Back2RFK;1253993]They say the Logo is also offensive.[/quote]

If our logo is offensive then the Blackhawks has to go too. This is all so damn ridiculous.

JackLord 07-06-2020 11:28 AM

[quote=irish;1253958]I don't think the feathers will work. William & Mary (The Tribe) had two feathers for a logo and that had to change. Any Native American imagery is a non-starter.[/quote]

I would think that somebody at the Redhawks Nest (fka Redskins Park) would have the eloquence and poise to go before the press and gently explain to the foaming at the mouth reporters that birds have ...[I] <gasp!>[/I]... feathers.

We are jettisoning 75 years of history to appease the hysterical mobs. Might they let us keep a few feathers?