Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome your Washington Commanders (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64980)

skinsfaninok 02-02-2022 11:38 AM

Re: Welcome your Washington Commanders

[IMG]https://fanatics.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_4712000/altimages/ff_4712973-c0de086041bb5f589bb8alt1_full.jpg&w=900[/IMG]

Sorry but that looks sharp

skinsfan69 02-02-2022 11:39 AM

[quote=nonniey;1309730]No it doesn't, not for this team. What legacy are they trying to uphold with that uniform?[/quote]

I don't understand how anyone can get behind the black uniforms. Looks like some phony color rush crap. When have we ever had those? Where are the mustard pants? They had all this time and this is what they came up with? I just don't get it.

mredskins 02-02-2022 11:40 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1309734][IMG]https://fanatics.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_4712000/altimages/ff_4712973-c0de086041bb5f589bb8alt1_full.jpg&w=900[/IMG]

Sorry but that looks sharp[/quote]

I got that $35, i didn't think was bad.

Meks 02-02-2022 11:42 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1309733]Guys, the Redskins is in the past. Logo , jerseys all that.

They went with all black to push the NEW ERA, it is what it is.

Embrace change because if not, you will be bitter forever[/quote]

I will Honestly just keep buying skins gear.. new players get added or signed and you can still get quality shit with the new players 🤷

Meks 02-02-2022 11:43 AM

The black long sleeve is tough tho I must say...

nonniey 02-02-2022 11:44 AM

[quote=Meks;1309738]I will Honestly just keep buying skins gear.. new players get added or signed and you can still get quality shit with the new players 🤷[/quote]

Same only Skins gear for me.

BaltimoreSkins 02-02-2022 11:47 AM

[quote=nonniey;1309740]Same only Skins gear for me.[/quote]

Yep not that hard. I will buy a shirt but not really going to let it eat at me.

skinsfaninok 02-02-2022 11:47 AM

Fighting it wont help lol It's like an ex GF, you just gotta move on eventually. Cherish the good times but in all honesty, the Redskins sucked balls for 30 years. Maybe this will change our fortune..

nonniey 02-02-2022 11:48 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1309733]Guys, the Redskins is in the past. Logo , jerseys all that.

They went with all black to push the NEW ERA, it is what it is.

Embrace change because if not, you will be bitter forever[/quote]

Pretty sure you're in a minority. For quite few years if you attend a game in your nice black merchandise you'll be surrounded by the "bitter fans" in their Burgandy and Gold with the Redskins name. You'll just have to wait until they die out and are replaced by fans who aren't even fans of the team at this point.

skinsfaninok 02-02-2022 11:50 AM

[quote=nonniey;1309743]Pretty sure you're in a minority. For quite few years if you attend a game in your nice black merchandise you'll be surrounded by the "bitter fans" in their Burgandy and Gold with the Redskins name. You'll just have to wait until they die out and are replaced by fans who aren't even fans of the team at this point.[/quote]

Love the Skins man, Nothing will ever replace that name and logo but I'm also open to new things. Commanders is solid, lets be honest its better than Defenders , Admirals , Redwolves , Redhogs, Football Team etc.

MTK 02-02-2022 11:51 AM

Wear whatever you want. Nobody cares.

skinsfaninok 02-02-2022 11:52 AM

[quote=MTK;1309745]Wear whatever you want. Nobody cares.[/quote]

I wore a Skins hoodie the other day, you are correct nobody gave a shit lol

MTK 02-02-2022 11:54 AM

I've never been a big fan of black alternate uniforms, but they are popular with a lot of people. I bet you'll see plenty of black gear in the stands next year.

SolidSnake84 02-02-2022 11:54 AM

Well, that does it for me. I was never a fan of the Commanders name.

A lot has transpired in the last 24 hours. Now we know that the Commanders were never a "finalist" in the names, it was chosen from almost day 1 of the new "search".

Jason Wright, who says that we couldn't use the name Red Wolves because of trademark issues, had no problem with taking the same name AND hash tag from the San Antonio Commanders, Semi-pro team. #takecommand

Dan still remains the owner no matter what, he is most likely a sex crimes king pin that will never see justice, couple all of that with the fact that we are putting lipstick on a pig. New uniforms, new logo / seal (with incorrect championship dates on it no less), and it is still going to be the same miserable fan experience - crumbling junky FedEx field that is only 25 - 50% full at any given time.

This is the farthest thing from the team I grew up with liking, for an organization that swore this rebranding would keep ties to the past and our heritage, of which this new name and scheme does nothing.

Twitter seems to be blowing up full of negatives and the horrible botch / hack job that this was. I honestly think this is the biggest F up in Sports History that I have ever saw, from the whole concept to the leaked unveiling at the very end.

I hope the mods let me stick around on some of the other threads / boards, I really have enjoyed talking to everyone over the years and I felt like I got along with mostly everyone.

But my Washington fandom is checking out after all of this. I've had a lot of ups and downs with this team, mostly downs, but still lots of good times! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

MTK 02-02-2022 11:55 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1309746]I wore a Skins hoodie the other day, you are correct nobody gave a shit lol[/quote]

I wear Skins hats all the time, mostly just hear an occasional nice hat from someone, that's about it. No fashion police knocking down my door. And I'll probably get a new Commanders hat if I see something I like.