Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Beautiful Sight...the Playoff Picture (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9738)

gibbs4life 12-19-2005 02:50 PM

Re: A Beautiful Sight...the Playoff Picture

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin]As I said in an earlier post, I am not mentioning the "P" word until we are actually in - win out and let the chips fall where they may. Nevertheless, I WILL be rooting for Norv Turner and the Raiders the last week of the season to kick some Giant ass.

Outside of that one game - nothing matters except that the Skins win two more regular season games.[/QUOTE]

the skins need to win out plain and simple.give me this effort for 2 more weeks and let the chips fall where they fall in regards to any postseason.

keepin my fingers crossed ,man this is a great feeling to have again.

#56fanatic 12-19-2005 03:03 PM

I dont recall seeing a Redskins team play with that sort of emotion, or passion in the last 10 years. I hope they can muster up that sort of emotion against the Giants. We will need it.

BigSKINBauer 12-19-2005 03:13 PM

Man i don't even care about respect anymore. Our team doesn't handle respect well anyway. We do better as we have our backs against the wall with no one believing in us.
--On sunday night they said that gibbs came out with a parcells type of game plan. WTF??
--Sean Salisberry said the cowboys played bad, not so much the skins played good but the cowboys played bad.
--Woody paige says he can't see the skins making the playoffs at all in any circumstances because we are an up and down team.
--Short note the guy on sports center called washington, marcus williams.
--I am sure that there will be more by tonight

amorentz 12-19-2005 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Someone was noticing that since Barrow was playing for the Cowboys that Williams had the players wearing wristbands so that the signals wouldn't be given away?[/QUOTE]

I dont understand this, but I am curoius. Wristbands to disguise plays? Can someone explain this?

MTK 12-19-2005 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=amorentz]I dont understand this, but I am curoius. Wristbands to disguise plays? Can someone explain this?[/QUOTE]

I assumed it meant the play calls were changed so they wore wrist bands to reference what the new calls meant.

MTK 12-19-2005 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]Man i don't even care about respect anymore. Our team doesn't handle respect well anyway. We do better as we have our backs against the wall with no one believing in us.
--On sunday night they said that gibbs came out with a parcells type of game plan. WTF??
--Sean Salisberry said the cowboys played bad, not so much the skins played good but the cowboys played bad.
--Woody paige says he can't see the skins making the playoffs at all in any circumstances because we are an up and down team.
--Short note the guy on sports center called washington, marcus williams.
--I am sure that there will be more by tonight[/QUOTE]

You know, I kind of figured that would be the case today, that the media would look at it more as what the Cowboys didn't do rather than what the Redskins did.

Oh well, no biggie. We know the real story and that's all that matters.

jermus22 12-19-2005 03:26 PM

I had no idea we would murder Dallas so badly. I was sitting in a bar with some buddies, and I couldn't help yelling and hitting the counter top everytime we did something. That game really got out of hand in a good sort of way. :httr:

scowan 12-19-2005 03:30 PM

I think we have a good shot against the Giants at Home on Christmas Eve. However, I don't think the Raiders have any shot against the Giants in their last game of the season. The Raiders are just plain horrible, which makes our lost to them so hard to swallow. I hate to look ahead, but wheither the Skins win out or not, Realistically that 6th seed looks to be the best we can hope for.

Bstanley 12-19-2005 03:44 PM

The fact that we are sitting here at 6th seed right now is such a improvement over the terrible years we have had to deal with. If we come out Fired up like we were this weekend we WILL beat NY think about it dallas is not a bad team and we kicked there ass up and down the feild we beat the bears the seahawks (even if they missed the field goal we played em good)and the refs stole the bucks game from us. So there are no teams the skins should be scared of in the playoffs. The skins can do this. HAIL!

coggs 12-19-2005 04:44 PM

The play-off picture is not so clear. For example, the tie-breaker between the Giants and Carolina. If they both win out, the Panthers would be the higher seed. They'd both have 9-3 conference records, but Carolina would lead common opponents, 4-1 vs 3-2.