Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   D.J. Swearinger released (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64285)

SolidSnake84 12-24-2018 11:49 AM

D.J. Swearinger released

DJ Swearinger was called into Jay's office this morning and was informed that the Redskins were releasing him.

Good riddance. His public belly aching couldn't continue, and it wouldn't have been allowed on any other NFL squad.

This is a move that I am proud of Jay for making. I think it was a long time coming.

DynamiteRave 12-24-2018 11:54 AM

Re: D.J. Swearinger released

I mean the teams getting blown up in the off season anyway, no harm in starting now. Let that dead weight go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chico23231 12-24-2018 12:07 PM

This move is huge...first Jonathan Allen moves into the leadership role on the defense. I think the group of Alabama players status rises on the team. I wonder is this the prequel for the coming separation of Norman from the team? Safety becomes a huge need on the team and I’ll say this in all seriousness, the guy from Alabama should be our target in the first round. He’s an insane talent...

Skinsfanatic 12-24-2018 12:12 PM

This feels like getting liposuction for weight loss. I mean, yeah, you lost weight and yeah, it might have needed to happen eventually, but there is other stuff causing the problem that you should have addressed first (or at least at the same time).

Hopefully, this is followed by some additional moves in the next couple of weeks.

SFREDSKIN 12-24-2018 12:13 PM

Good!! Don’t need players with big mouths and shitty attitudes.

NC_Skins 12-24-2018 12:15 PM

Won't matter if Bruce Allen still is around.

5superbowls3wins 12-24-2018 12:30 PM

DJ is far from the problem. DJ was canned because he spoke OF the problems.

SFREDSKIN 12-24-2018 12:30 PM

I guess he has a history:

[url]https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Article/DJ-Swearinger-released-by-Washington-Redskins-126832833/[/url]

jamf 12-24-2018 12:32 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;1214427]Won't matter if Bruce Allen still is around.[/quote]

And Jay

REDSKINS4ever 12-24-2018 12:32 PM

Dude just doesn't know when to shut up...after a while you become too outspoken and say too much you become an annoyance....I understand he wants to win....but the HC asked him too keep his frustrations in-house and he didn't do it...he went too far this time....I really liked Swearinger....been scouting him since his days at South Carolina....

skinsfan69 12-24-2018 12:34 PM

I applaud the Redskins for doing this. Good for them. You can't continue to do what he is doing and continue to keep your job. He is basically ripping his bosses to the media and the public. Imagine if DJ did this and he was on the Patriots. He would have been gone the first time he did it. See ya and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

SolidSnake84 12-24-2018 12:34 PM

[quote=jamf;1214430]And Jay[/quote]

100% agree. Making a move like this, regardless of if it is the right thing or wrong thing, indicates that most likely Jay and Bruce are both here next year.

5superbowls3wins 12-24-2018 12:35 PM

D.J. Swearinger released

Another fantastic move by this piece of shit front office. They’ve been full of great moves for 30 years now.

DJ was the problem! It’s no Allen, or Manusky, or Gruden! It’s our best players that are the problem! Now everything is fixed

Irrefutable 12-24-2018 12:36 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;1214422]DJ Swearinger was called into Jay's office this morning and was informed that the Redskins were releasing him.

Good riddance. His public belly aching couldn't continue, and it wouldn't have been allowed on any other NFL squad.

This is a move that I am proud of Jay for making. I think it was a long time coming.[/quote]

just the beginning add $4.5 million of cap space...V.Davis add $5 million, Z.Brown add $5.3 million with more to come

5superbowls3wins 12-24-2018 12:36 PM

D.J. Swearinger released

[QUOTE=Skinsfanatic;1214425]This feels like getting liposuction for weight loss. I mean, yeah, you lost weight and yeah, it might have needed to happen eventually, but there is other stuff causing the problem that you should have addressed first (or at least at the same time).

Hopefully, this is followed by some additional moves in the next couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. DJ is not the problem. DJ helped this defense. Manusky needs to be canned. You have 4-5 starters speaking up