Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Michael Vick won't be (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=31300)

Defensewins 01-11-2011 03:29 PM

Re: What Michael Vick won't be

[quote=SolidSnake84;777036][B][U]Some people are going to hate on Vick no matter what he does.[/U][/B]

At least come out and say what you've got against Vick. I know your an animal owner. Is that the reason why? I looked back at your posts and it just seemed to me like you went out of your way to bash the man. Is it something other than that???[/quote]

Thank you, that is it, in a short and simple statement.

I am neither pro or con on Vick.
Vick committed his crimes and admitted his guilt in [B][U]August of 2007[/U][/B]. [U]That is OVER THREE YEARS AGO. [/U] Going on four years.
I just do not understand the continued hate for a guy that paid the price for his crime, did his time in jail and lost all of his wealth and turned his life around. Some people are not content with that. They want to continue to HATE on Vick over and over again. Plain and simple.
For those that say they are upset because Vick is being portrayed as a victim, I have not seen or heard it. That is not to say it is not out there, but it not as prevalent as the hate for him.
My close friends are all dog owners and when they see Vick play they scream at the TV wanting Vick's opponents to break his legs or his neck. Literally hate him and want something bad to happen to him.
That is what I am talking about when i brought up the whole disproportionate amount of punishment.
What added fuel to the fire in this debate is Obama simply praised the Eagles for giving an ex-con a second chance and praised Vick for turning around his life. That is all. Obama never said Vick did not deserve his punishment or that he paid to heavy of a price. But yet some criticized Obama for "being a Vick sympathizer."
To be honest I do not really care that much. I just merely point out the over kill hatred and hypocrisy on some of the Vick haters.

Hog1 01-11-2011 03:36 PM

[quote=44ever;777064]Basically the outcome of the dog after about 2 years of racing will be destroyed. Some are juiced to the point of insanity. They have Greyhound adoption agencies but how many people do you know who own Greyhounds? A few maybe. There are thousands destroyed every year.

Yet Greyhound owners are obviously allowed to own dogs. Oh yeah, most owners don't personally destroy the dog. They pay someone else to do that for them. But some do.

[B]Have you been to the Naples Fort Myers Greyhound track?[/B] Not a dog over 4 years old racing there.[/quote]

No, for the reasons you state. I wanted to adopt a GH a few years ago. Doesn't work with a cat. GREAT DOGS!
I think it is a disgrace that the humane treatment of animals in this country carries so little weight...not my call.
HOWEVER, to my knowledge, the racers conform to the law(as bad as it is)?
MV....broke many?

44ever 01-11-2011 03:41 PM

[quote=Hog1;777070]No, for the reasons you state. I wanted to adopt a GH a few years ago. Doesn't work with a cat. GREAT DOGS!
I think it is a disgrace that the humane treatment of animals in this country carries so little weight...not my call.
[B]HOWEVER, to my knowledge, the racers conform to the law(as bad as it is)?
MV....broke many[/B]?[/quote]

Yeah, that unfortunately is a true statement. I see your point.

CultBrennan59 07-12-2011 11:07 AM

Wasn't sure if any of you watch 1000 ways to die

The episode last night was about a burgalar who stole pitbulls, his name was Vick. The pitbull that he tried to steal which killed him was Michael... Clever show.

NLC1054 07-12-2011 11:31 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;810346]Wasn't sure if any of you watch 1000 ways to die

The episode last night was about a burgalar who stole pitbulls, his name was Vick. The pitbull that he tried to steal which killed him was Michael... Clever show.[/quote]

Anything on Spike TV is about as clever as my left nut.

Also, horrible bump.

hooskins 07-12-2011 11:32 AM

facepalm

CultBrennan59 07-12-2011 11:43 AM

I got a chuckle out of it..just something to pass the time/talk about since the lockout has us believing and talking about dream like scenarios and what nots

Ruhskins 07-12-2011 11:54 AM

[quote=hooskins;810351]facepalm[/quote]

Yep...

[IMG]http://www.gmrfm.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/887ea-picard_facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

skinster 07-12-2011 12:10 PM

Anyone see what Chris Cooley sad on NFLN about vick this offseason? That eagles players are telling Cooley that Vick has never been more focused in his life. I hope that's not true, if it is I might have to take back everything all the horrible things I said about him when he was a Falcon. Being wrong is my least favorite thing.

Monkeydad 07-12-2011 01:33 PM

Can't you just post your TV-watching interests in one single thread?

This is spam.

[IMG]http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/medium/double-facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

Alvin Walton 07-12-2011 01:45 PM

Heres an icon I made when Colt Brennan was drafted.

[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/redstout/pineapplecolt.jpg[/IMG]

(I dont have a face palm jpeg handy)

skinsfan69 07-12-2011 03:35 PM

[quote=skinster;810363]Anyone see what Chris Cooley sad on NFLN about vick this offseason? That eagles players are telling Cooley that Vick has never been more focused in his life. I hope that's not true, if it is I might have to take back everything all the horrible things I said about him when he was a Falcon. Being wrong is my least favorite thing.[/quote]

the guy has the ability to be a top passer. he's always had it. the question is can he master his craft, carry himself like a pro and learn to actually be a pro. right now he's got the perfect support system around him. i don't think marty mourningweg was too far off base saying he could be better than steve young.