Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pats Pregame Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64464)

Chico23231 10-02-2019 08:58 AM

Pats Pregame Thread

Vernon Davis concussion protocol per PFT

[url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/02/report-vernon-davis-in-concussion-protocol/[/url]

That train is never late, huh? I will never understand how the front office this past offseason looked at our roster and said 16 million, multiple games missed, and worst run block in the league...yup, the TE position is doing great.

Multiple options to correct this.

KI Skins Fan 10-02-2019 09:09 AM

Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Holtz is their most complete and reliable TE and they don't even know it. As usual, pathetic judgement and decision making by the coaching staff.

CRedskinsRule 10-02-2019 09:28 AM

Don"t worry - NFL got the Skins back. Its all just setting us up for huge entertainment drama. Skina are 9 and 6 on past 10/6 games. Goto 10 and 6 this 10/6.

I know it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

CRedskinsRule 10-02-2019 09:33 AM

In reality, i think Belicheck and Brady use this as a statement game, 45-10 or worse is possible.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Schneed10 10-02-2019 09:43 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1232636]In reality, i think Belicheck and Brady use this as a statement game, 45-10 or worse is possible.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

They're known for keeping the foot on the gas even when the game is well in hand. It's how they maintain their killer instinct, there's only one mode: full go.

45-10 sounds right and the 10 will come in garbage time.

Schneed10 10-02-2019 09:45 AM

For the first time in my adult life I've made a tee time at 2pm on Sunday, right when they're playing. I'll still DVR it and watch it later, but still. I consider myself as diehard as they come, and that's how far Dan and Bruce have pushed this franchise. I'm not checking out but I've started thinking about how I don't want to lose a chance to play golf on one of the last nice weather days before it turns cold.

When the team was 7-9 and crappy I still didn't do this. It's actually come to that now. Kind of unbelievable.

SunnySide 10-02-2019 09:50 AM

Do the Pats still hold the record for the tv blackout streak of 17 games?

Die hard fans though ... after 2002.

Chico23231 10-02-2019 09:51 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1232634]Holtz is their most complete and reliable TE and they don't even know it. As usual, pathetic judgement and decision making by the coaching staff.[/quote]

JP Hotz is a Chicago bear...I think they signed him off our practice squad

Buffalo Bob 10-02-2019 10:06 AM

I almost hope they start Colt and play him the whole game then I will just work in my shop and listen on the radio. I was on my way to getting some chores done last Sunday after watching less than a quarter but when I heard they put Haskins in I went back and watched the rest of the game.

If Haskins plays I will watch, but I doubt it will be pretty. Patriots coming off a tough game in Buffalo and being served up a rookie QB who needs lots of work.
Sounds like the makings of a massacre.

skinsfaninok 10-02-2019 10:08 AM

Won't be watching much, Pats will win 42-7

TheMalcolmConnection 10-02-2019 10:13 AM

Sometimes I'll say, "The Skins will win because it would make no sense to beat the Patriots." This is the most 1000% sure I am of a loss in my fandom. :( I'd be SHOCKED if we even scored 3.

skinsfaninok 10-02-2019 10:15 AM

The team has checked out as has the Head coach, the only winnable game is miami and that is a stretch

SunnySide 10-02-2019 10:18 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1232641]JP Hotz is a Chicago bear...I think they signed him off our practice squad[/quote]

Yup. That was an odd sequence. We waive him during our final cuts and successfully stash him on our PS.Then call him up for week 1 and he plays some snaps for us. We then waive him again after week 1 to try and send him back to PS but the Bears claimed him this time.

With Reed's injury, at that point, it was clear he was going to be out extended or perhaps forever ... and with Davis being older .... surprised they didnt waive someone else.

Sucks that we essentially have a 51 man roster with Colt and Reed taking up active spots.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jay doesnt even get to decide minut roster moves like to keep or waive Holtz at this point. It might be a Callahan or Allen decision.

Chico23231 10-02-2019 10:23 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1232649]Yup. That was an odd sequence. We waive him during our final cuts and successfully stash him on our PS.Then call him up for week 1 and he plays some snaps for us. We then waive him again after week 1 to try and send him back to PS but the Bears claimed him this time.

With Reed's injury, at that point, it was clear he was going to be out extended or perhaps forever ... and with Davis being older .... surprised they didnt waive someone else.

Sucks that we essentially have a 51 man roster with Colt and Reed taking up active spots.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jay doesnt even get to decide minut roster moves like to keep or waive Holtz at this point. It might be a Callahan or Allen decision.[/quote]

Should have ir to return with Reed and signed Holtz to squad. A lot of beat reporters praised jp play in preseason. Bears clearly saw he has some talent.

skinsfan69 10-02-2019 10:28 AM

The Pats are a little beat up so maybe the Skins hang around. I just don't see us doing anything against their defense.

This is the type of game where Gruden should just empty out the playbook. Fake punts, trick plays, maybe an on side kick. Why not? He's perhaps on borrowed time.

I really don't even care. I'm all about the Nats. At this point I just want Dan and Bruce to be embarrassed so hopefully it's 70% Pats fans, and the score is somewhere as bad as it was the last time we played them.