Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sean Taylor's Trial Set for Jan. 17th (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10274)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-07-2006 05:12 PM

Sean Taylor's Trial Set for Jan. 17th

Sean Taylor's trial is set for January 17th. There have already been two continuances, so it's unlikely that it would be delayed again. Is anyone scared about missing him?

Skins fan 44 01-07-2006 05:37 PM

Re: Sean Taylor's Trial Set for Jan. 17th

Well does he have to be there? More than likely the trial will last a few weeks.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-07-2006 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=Skins fan 44]Well does he have to be there? More than likely the trial will last a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yes he will have to be there. Actually, the trial will likely be only a few days.

Fortunately, a judge may be more sympathetic to another continuance because he won't want to hurt the entire team and Taylor himself, by going ahead with the trial, before Taylor has been found guilty.

CrashRiley 01-07-2006 07:56 PM

I'm sure that his lawyers, or Dan Snyder's lawyers, will see to it that the 17th is ruled out. We saw how much he was missed today after he was taken out of the game.

Damn, but he played GREAT when he was in there, didn't he?

AnonEmouse 01-07-2006 07:59 PM

He better not make that mistake again for 2 reasons. He hurt the team in more ways than one today, and he may still hurt the team with the legal situation. He'll also hurt himself if he keeps doing things like spitting at people because his character will come up in court and doing something dumb and obscene on national TV won't help him at all.

I'd say he needs therapy, but would that mess with his game?

FRPLG 01-07-2006 08:13 PM

How do you know it is unlikely to be continued? You a lawyer involved with the case?

mooby 01-07-2006 08:15 PM

Does anyone actually think that Taylor spit on that player's face? I watched the replays, but it didn't look like it to me.

x44x 01-07-2006 08:17 PM

Does he miss the next game for being ejected? or is that college?

Darrell_Green_28 01-07-2006 08:19 PM

You couldnt tell, he was running his mouth as well as the buc player... Also shouldnt the Buc player get a fine for hitting him?

VTSkins897 01-07-2006 08:20 PM

maybe he was just spitting and accidentally hit him. football players spit on the field.

Southpaw 01-07-2006 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=x44x]Does he miss the next game for being ejected? or is that college?[/QUOTE]

They're were talking like he might get suspended for it, which would be a huge hit to the defense in the the Seattle game. It kind of pisses me off that he was pretty well behaved all season, then acts like a dumb f--k in the playoffs. Hopefully this incident won't tarnish his bright future too much.

BigSKINBauer 01-07-2006 08:31 PM

i honestly didn't see anything. I do however think it is was possible that while yelling a little bit of spit flew out his mouth. I just didin't see anything. You got to be a stone cold mother ****er to spit on someone and not even move. His head didn't jerk forward. Spit on something go ahead in anger. your head has to move. it has to. But Sean is one stonned cold mother ****er

onlydarksets 01-07-2006 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]How do you know it is unlikely to be continued? You a lawyer involved with the case?[/QUOTE]

For the same reason Jamal Lewis got to wait till the offseason to serve his 4 months. Judges love football.

AnonEmouse 01-07-2006 08:34 PM

If Smith didn't miss a game for getting ejected, I can't see how they do it to Taylor. He nearly cost us the game for that stupidity (if indeed it was a deliberate act) and I think JG and GW will punish him plenty in any case. Big fine coming his way.

ParkerGibbs 01-07-2006 09:47 PM

i see no way that the trial will being on the 17th, but if it did, we would be SOL. Taylor is one player that we really need!

FRPLG 01-07-2006 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=onlydarksets]For the same reason Jamal Lewis got to wait till the offseason to serve his 4 months. Judges love football.[/QUOTE]
I think you misread my statement. I was calling him out for saying it would NOT be continued when I would bet it probably would.

onlydarksets 01-07-2006 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]I think you misread my statement. I was calling him out for saying it would NOT be continued when I would bet it probably would.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad! Adrenaline+beer = sloppy reader. :smashfrea

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-08-2006 04:09 AM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]How do you know it is unlikely to be continued? You a lawyer involved with the case?[/QUOTE]

The trial has already been postponed twice. Judges don't like to grant 1, 2, 3 continuances for a trial since they are supposed to wrap up cases as quickly as possible. However, if you would have read my subsequent post you would have seen that I said that the judge [I]may[/I] grant one.

Paintrain 01-08-2006 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=AnonEmouse]If Smith didn't miss a game for getting ejected, I can't see how they do it to Taylor. He nearly cost us the game for that stupidity (if indeed it was a deliberate act) and I think JG and GW will punish him plenty in any case. Big fine coming his way.[/QUOTE]
Fined by the league and I wouldn't be suprised to see if he's benched for the first series or so by the coaches..

RunRunPass 01-08-2006 10:59 AM

The ref was right there you kina have to give him the benifit of the doubt but i didnt see any visable spitting like robbie alomar but none the less that cant be good for his trial.