Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Hairy call ---thats karma baby (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/10279-hairy-call-thats-karma-baby.html)

PorterHouse 01-07-2006 08:53 PM

Hairy call ---thats karma baby

Was it a touchdown? wasn't it? I dont knoow. just like Gruden said before the game he dont care about anyone elses feelings on that subject...
HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA we dont care bout your feelings on that subject. Its gonna be funny because thats what their gonna cling onto as to why they lost. but should they have even been there anyway?????????HHMMMMM:mad:

onlydarksets 01-07-2006 09:00 PM

Re: Hairy call ---thats karma baby

It is funny how it worked out. I said it before - a W is a W, but it sure was U-G-L-Y.

Mattyk 01-07-2006 09:00 PM

It was very clearly NOT a TD.

It wasn't even close, he never had control as he came down and the ball popped loose when he hit the ground. That's an easy call.

onlydarksets 01-07-2006 09:04 PM

True, but it was a great call on the field by the official. It took me 2-3 replays to catch everything. This crew did an incredible job.

FRPLG 01-07-2006 09:07 PM

It was, by rule, not a catch and I don't care anyways. We win!

htownskinfan 01-07-2006 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]It was very clearly NOT a TD.

It wasn't even close, he never had control as he came down and the ball popped loose when he hit the ground. That's an easy call.[/QUOTE]

not even close?I couldnt disagree more,if thats Moss catching that,redskin fans are going nucking futs ,including me,i thought it was a td,butch johnson in the superbowl,not a catch

Mattyk 01-07-2006 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=htownskinfan]not even close?I couldnt disagree more,if thats Moss catching that,redskin fans are going nucking futs ,including me,i thought it was a td,butch johnson in the superbowl,not a catch[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not even close. Watch it again, as he was coming down he never secured it away, then he hit the ground and it bounced out.

What was close about it to you???

CrashRiley 01-07-2006 09:12 PM

Payback is a bitch, 'ain't it? For once, the most important calls went our way.

Don't'cha just LOVE getting revenge on a conference opponent in the playoffs? It's better than playing a team that we haven't played all season, I think.

Mattyk 01-07-2006 09:13 PM

To me the true karma coming back to haunt the Bucs was the 4th down conversion they couldn't get. That was HUGE, I really think it swung the momentum back in our direction.

onlydarksets 01-07-2006 09:15 PM

I think the karmic aspect is the intro interviews with Gruden giving instant replay a reach-around, and then having instant replay NOT work to his advantage. Don't forget - Alstott's conversion was [b]obviously[/b] NOT good, but he got it because they upheld the call on the field.

skinsttw 01-07-2006 09:18 PM

Good call by the officials. Receiver did not have control. Replay helped us there because the Bucs lost their last time out.

htownskinfan 01-07-2006 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Yeah, not even close. Watch it again, as he was coming down he never secured it away, then he hit the ground and it bounced out.

What was close about it to you???[/QUOTE]
I thought he had control of it while getting 2 feet down,if that calls against us I'm pissed off to my grave about it believing thats a td,but hey,it was for us,I'll take it,time to celebrate!! :food-smil
bring on the seahawks!! :headbange

BrudLee 01-07-2006 09:24 PM

I think, by and large, given the officiating and the injuries, that we were [b]very lucky to leave Tampa with a victory[/b]. If that play had been ruled a TD, it's unlikely we would have even tried to overturn it, much less succeeded.

The instant replay rule is being interpreted this year as it was written - indisputable visual evidence. The play was declared incomplete, there was not indisputable visual evidence to overturn that assessment. Had it been incorrectly declared a touchdown, we would likely have been in the same boat.

onlydarksets 01-07-2006 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]I think, by and large, given the officiating and the injuries, that we were [b]very lucky to leave Tampa with a victory[/b]. If that play had been ruled a TD, it's unlikely we would have even tried to overturn it, much less succeeded.

The instant replay rule is being interpreted this year as it was written - indisputable visual evidence. The play was declared incomplete, there was not indisputable visual evidence to overturn that assessment. Had it been incorrectly declared a touchdown, we would likely have been in the same boat.[/QUOTE]

No - that is NOT what the review call was. They didn't say there was no indisputable visual evidence to overturn the call. They said there WAS indisputable visual evidence to UPHOLD the call (not the exact language they used, but they explained why the call was correct, as opposed to explaining why they couldn't overturn the call). That is very different, and we left with a win BECAUSE of the officiating.

AnonEmouse 01-07-2006 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=htownskinfan]I thought he had control of it while getting 2 feet down,if that calls against us I'm pissed off to my grave about it believing thats a td,but hey,it was for us,I'll take it,time to celebrate!! :food-smil
bring on the seahawks!! :headbange[/QUOTE]

IN the EZ, as in the open field, the receiver has to complete the catch when going to ground. The ground cannot cause a fumble BUT it can cause an incomplete pass. He had both hands moving before he hit the ground and that = incomplete. For or against the Skins, in viewing that replay I agree with the call.