Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone else nervous? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10324)

RedskinPete 01-09-2006 10:56 AM

Re: Anyone else nervous?

[QUOTE=Rockinganker]I don't know about you guys but, I 've been nervous about the Seattle game from the moment we won last night. Guess that really dosen't matter, I was nervous all last week for the Bucs game. Go Skins![/QUOTE]

Not really!!! AT ALL!!!! getting S.Springs well help a lot for this one!!! Just saw him on cold pizza!!! The O well have to get better to keep the ball away from the Hawks!!! :towel: Yes it was a little never racking during the game but I believe in Gibbs :coach: and really when you look at the four team left all are about the same. I think not being at home and having to travel is something that we well have to over come. That and only that because both team are good!!!

MTK 01-09-2006 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]If you don't allow yourself to enjoy a good season from the team when it has one, I think you just end up making yourself miserable.

I want the Skins to win this Seattle game more than anything, but if they lose I will applaud them as they walk off the field. They've given me a lot of great moments to remember this year. You can't come away from every season with a championship, but you can take away memories from every season. No matter what happens this weekend, I'm going to always remember the 14-13 win over Dallas, sweeping the Eagles, the 35 point trouncing of the Cowboys and Giants, the 6 game win streak in December and January, Portis' press conference costumes, and the birth of a classic nickname, Captain Chaos.

I'm very happy with the team this year, no matter what happens in Seattle. I just hope they make me even happier with another win.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

I certainly wouldn't be happy if they lose on Sat., but if they did once the dust settled on the season I would be pretty happy with the results overall. We've definitely exceeded everyone's expectations and the future looks much brighter than it ever has.

Hog1 01-09-2006 11:09 AM

It's good to be the DOG! We get complacent and comfortable otherwise. Face it, we got our ASS KICKED by TB Defense. However, they did not self-destruct, and "give us the game". Our Defense TOOK it from them. We did not crater. We improvised, adapted, overcame, and WON. DID WHAT WAS NECESSARY TO WIN. FOUND A WAY TO WIN! That's what will happen this week against the Gulls. -Just different strategy...............

Summo 01-09-2006 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=irish]Why would Aikman talk about the redskins during a NY/Car game?[/QUOTE]

As an unbiased observer of the league that he is being paid to cover.

skinsfanthru&thru 01-09-2006 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Is it just me or does it seem like we didn't run a lot of offensive plays to begin with? I mean Mark only passed 15 times. Seattle's defense is far worse than Tampa's.[/QUOTE]

yeah we only had the ball for a total of 49 plays whereas the last 3 games we've averaged having the ball for 62 plays a game. gibbs sat on the lead with how well the d was playing, but from what I've seen and heard about the game the execution on the pass plays wasn't too great and tampa had the running game shut down pretty tight.

tomahawk134 01-09-2006 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=Summo]Was it pissing anyone off besides me yesterday during the Panther/Giants game when Troy Aikman kept saying that the Panthers are built to win on the road?
By saying that he was implying that they have a great defense and can run the ball. Isn’t that what we do? I was screaming at the TV what about us Mother ****er?!?![/QUOTE]

Consider the source ..... Aikman... PLEASE ... AIKMAN could not make complete sentences without reading them off of cue card. AIKMAN comments about football teams ... is like asking MIKE TYSON about dating tips ....

Schneed10 01-09-2006 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=tomahawk134]Consider the source ..... Aikman... PLEASE ... AIKMAN could not make complete sentences without reading them off of cue card. AIKMAN comments about football teams ... is like asking MIKE TYSON about dating tips ....[/QUOTE]

I actually love Aikman as a commentator, I think he's fair on all counts and makes great points. He sees all the little things that happen in a game, like a good seal on a trap block.

I think that just because Aikman commented on the Panthers' ability to win on the road, that does not mean he doesn't think the same about the Skins. He just didn't comment on it.

I think anyone who says the Skins don't have a chance in this Seattle game is crazy. You can make a claim for either team to win, it should be a hard-fought game.

CRED1SKNS 01-09-2006 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=Rockinganker]I don't know about you guys but, I 've been nervous about the Seattle game from the moment we won last night. Guess that really dosen't matter, I was nervous all last week for the Bucs game. Go Skins![/QUOTE]Don't worry about Seattle we are on a roll right now.We have been on the road and winning.Seattle to me are not (that) good,plus we beat them already.We are very focused on winning.If they can't run the ball????there nothing!!!!!Redskins 24 Seattle 17 .

irish 01-09-2006 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=Summo]As an unbiased observer of the league that he is being paid to cover.[/QUOTE]

I am 99.9% certain Aikman is a color commentator for the game he is doing not an NFL beat reporter for Fox.

CRED1SKNS 01-09-2006 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Well said.

I certainly wouldn't be happy if they lose on Sat., but if they did once the dust settled on the season I would be pretty happy with the results overall. We've definitely exceeded everyone's expectations and the future looks much brighter than it ever has.[/QUOTE]COME ON SKINS FANS DONT GIVE UP NEVER SAY THE L*** WORD Redskins 24 seattle 17.

dmek25 01-09-2006 12:54 PM

aikman is very unbiased and gives props to the skins when due.that offensive performance saturday was brutal,but the majority of it was coach sitting on the lead and riding the great play of our defense.we won,thats the bottom line

skinsguy 01-09-2006 12:58 PM

Surprisingly, I am not too nervous about the Seattle game. I know they are a good team, but they didn't have a terrible rough schedule. We have already proven that we can win on the road in the playoffs, and we have proven that we can beat Seattle - albeit at Fedex - so I believe we can take Seattle. Regardless, this has been a great ride this season! It only means good things to come for this organization!

hesscl34 01-09-2006 01:18 PM

Bucs keep crying on their message board about the poor officiating, and that's why the Redskins won. All I have to say to that is: What comes around goes around!!

Seattle, here we come!

hurrykaine 01-09-2006 01:26 PM

I'm feeling good about this game. Guess what...the last time the Seahawks played anything resembling tough competition was.....you guessed it: November 27 against the Giants.

Since then they have played:
At Philly
Hosted San Fran
At Tennessee
Indianapolis (who rested everybody)
At Greenbay.

Given that the last time they played a competitive team at full strength was against the Giants at home a good month and a half ago, and even that game was close - you've got to like our chances against them.

irish 01-09-2006 01:30 PM

While past history is against the skins (about 87% of home teams coming off bye week win) I think if Portis is able to keep his shoulder ok and play the entire game then I think the skins will win. Seattle is a very good team but the skins are on a roll.

Skins 24
Seahags 20