Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we lucky to play Seattle? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10345)

hooskins 01-09-2006 12:13 AM

Are we lucky to play Seattle?

Ok well the ideal situation would have been, for the Redskins to get 1st or 2nd seed in the NFC(next year ;)) so we would have homefield, but seeing that we do not have that, do guys feel it is better to play Seattle than Chicago, of course this is what we are dealt due to seeding, but personally I would rather play this #1 seed. I do not think it is because I feel they are easier, but for some reason I just do not like the idea of going agaisnt the Bears defense in the Windy City. Yes, no, maybe so?

44deisel44 01-09-2006 12:16 AM

Re: Are we lucky to play Seattle?

I dont think it matters. I think we'll play in both places.

dgack 01-09-2006 12:16 AM

My biggest fear is that we beat Seattle in a bonebreaker of a game, giving it everything we've got, and then we end up losing to a more rested Chicago team in the conference championship, because we've essentially had no rest since week 3.

Our early bye is absolutely murderous right now.

BigSKINBauer 01-09-2006 12:17 AM

Yeah i think we will end up playing both places and that would be for the best because i think we match up great against the bears and not carolina

44deisel44 01-09-2006 12:18 AM

[QUOTE=dgack]My biggest fear is that we beat Seattle in a bonebreaker of a game, giving it everything we've got, and then we end up losing to a more rested Chicago team in the conference championship, because we've essentially had no rest since week 3.

Our early bye is absolutely murderous right now.[/QUOTE]
Our offense got a second bye last week though.:)

hooskins 01-09-2006 12:18 AM

Yea I agree with you guys in that we will probably have to play both teams in both places, but I would just rather play Seattle. The Bears game, just seems tougher.

44deisel44 01-09-2006 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]Yeah i think we will end up playing both places and that would be for the best because i think we match up great against the bears and not carolina[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Tough choice because more fans at Car game, but i agree with match up with bears better. Young QB!!!!:smashfrea

BigSKINBauer 01-09-2006 12:22 AM

[QUOTE=hooskins]Yea I agree with you guys in that we will probably have to play both teams in both places, but I would just rather play Seattle.[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree. The great thing is we play on Saturday against the seahags. Then we play on Sunday for the championship game if we win while panthers and bears are on the other sunday. We get an extra day for the two teams i am most worried about. So things do work out :)

BigSKINBauer 01-09-2006 12:25 AM

[QUOTE=44deisel44]Yeah. Tough choice because more fans at Car game, but i agree with match up with bears better. Young QB!!!!:smashfrea[/QUOTE]exactly my thinking. I thought about the fan presense too but i think the it tips in the favor for us if we play in chicago.

hooskins 01-09-2006 12:29 AM

Plus guarding Steve Smith would be much hard than covering Mohammed. Its a nightmare thinking about covering Smith, now i understand how teams feel when they go up agaisnt us and Moss ;)

SmootSmack 01-09-2006 12:33 AM

[QUOTE=hooskins]Yea I agree with you guys in that we will probably have to play both teams in both places, but I would just rather play Seattle. The Bears game, just seems tougher.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I'm sure not scared of Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman

skinsfanthru&thru 01-09-2006 01:06 AM

against the bears our defenses would practically cancel each other out and I'd like our offenses chances at breaking the one or 2 big plays that turn the tide as opposed to their offense which really lacks the big play threat. in regards to carolina, they r a lot like the Skins in regards to not really knowing what team is gonna show up but to a much more extreme level especially on defense seeing as to how the cats have broken down in wins and losses against the cowpies, the packers, the cardinals, and the dolphins and none of those would really be considered offensive powerhouse.
If we get past the seahags like I strongly believe we will, I think we match up pretty well with either team, but I think I would like our chances of reaching the superbowl if that road continued through the bears.

twinskinsfan 01-09-2006 01:24 AM

I am not scared of Steve Smith, he is good, but we have our little Santana to equal that match up. I think our defense is better and we hit harder, plus we spit. I guess

mooby 01-09-2006 01:30 AM

if we go on, i think we will play chicago in the nfcc. Seattle scares me though, it will be a tough test, i think if we can beat seattle we will have an easier time against Chicago.

That Guy 01-09-2006 02:06 AM

the bears have crap QBs that both turn the ball over... of anyone in the playoffs, the bears are the team i'd take because their offense is total crap and our defense coul it out there like they did against tampa and win it for us.

seattle can score a LOT of points... I rather take the bears than the panthers if we get that far, I just think its a better matchup.