Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Here's another clown who says Seattle's going to "expose" us (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10346)

dgack 01-09-2006 12:41 AM

Here's another clown who says Seattle's going to "expose" us

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10768216/[/url]

I love writers who discount a team's record, or its past performance, and instead focus on a couple of plays in a game and say things like,

[QUOTE]"Furthermore, if not for two missed field goals in regulation against Washington way back in Week 4, the Seahawks would be 7-0 and the Redskins might not even be in the playoffs."[/QUOTE]

and

[QUOTE]" If Shepherd had hung on, the Bucs could have tied the game."[/QUOTE]

It's great. It's like saying:

[QUOTE]"If Alstott was ruled down as he actually was, the Redskins win in Tampa" [/QUOTE]

or

[QUOTE]"If Al Wilson doesn't get his hand up, The Redskins tie the game in Denver".[/QUOTE]

offiss 01-09-2006 02:45 AM

Re: Here's another clown who says Seattle's going to "expose" us

I try to tell it like it is even if it it's agreeing with the truth of a negative article towards us, but this guy know's absolutly nothing about the game, AND I DO MEAN NOTHING!

He say's Gibbs made the wrong call in having Brunell throw on third and 4 late in the game, and his logic is Tampa was in a heavy run blitz package? So he believes the proper call was to run right into the very defense that is selling out to stop the run? Is this guy an absolute idiot, or just run of the mill? The only problem with that play was Brunells throw, not Gibbs play call. He also admits Portis wasen't doing a whole lot but if he some how overcame the run blitz he was off to the races, not if we complete a pass with the defense selling out to stop the run we are off to the races.

Then he complains about missed field goals in the first game, as if Brunell didn't hand them the opportunity with that INT.

I have new's for this CLOWN, we will have an easier time with Seattle than we did with Tampa, We are playing much better football now regardless of how inaffective our offense was against Tampa, than we were when we beat them early on.

What they don't seem to understand is this, Seattle will not shut our offense down like Tampa, and in case he hasen't noticed our D-line is just shutting RB's down. Hasselback is in for a long day if Spring's is healthy and Taylor is back in there, I want to see his big time recieving core make play's when we can roll Spring's, Harris, and Rogers who is starting to look like the star we invisioned when we drafted him, at there WR's.

And to boot we are getting 9 points on the vegas spread, if you bet the games bank that one because it's coming!!!!!!!!

As usual another Gibbs team is considered an underdog, I watched the same thing happen plenty of times his first go round, we have the same situation, and seattle, right were we want them.

My opinion of Holgrums teams are this, they lack the real focus that you need to give you the edge that it takes to win big games, and that will be our edge come saturday.

The only edge Seattle has is homefield, and we WILL overcome that!

JWsleep 01-09-2006 03:37 AM

Good. I'd much rather be an underdog with a chip on his shoulder--we play better that way. I'm always happy when these punks write their anti-skins nonesense. This guy was probably riding the cowroids jock earlier this year, and picked Detroit to win it all. Whatever...

Luxorreb 01-09-2006 04:08 AM

Man I'm hyped!
It's only Monday morning and I've already taken off Saturday and left a few messages on the Seahawks forum. Let's go REDSKINS fans!!! Fly to the game if ya can, if not scream from the couches!!!

dmek25 01-09-2006 07:50 AM

lux im with you.ive already taken off saturday,too!hey,if seattle is going to expose us,you know what say,just bring it!

MTK 01-09-2006 08:07 AM

The only people that care what these stupid what if scenarios are writers like this loser trying to make themselves sound smarter.

The only thing that matters is the win.

BrudLee 01-09-2006 08:11 AM

Taken off Saturday? I've got a bid in on tickets for a game that's 3000 miles from my house!

There will always be doubters - especially considering that our victory on Saturday was less than compelling. Personally, I don't care. It is better to win ugly, than to not.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-09-2006 08:12 AM

Just like they exposed us the first go round? The ONLY TRUE X-factor will be the fact we're playing away from FedEx.

bertoskins 01-09-2006 08:38 AM

see, this clown is a young guy who don't know GIBBS playoff record, regardless of offense or his qb

huh, well see he will eat his words

IN GIBBS WE TRUST
GO SKINS

skinsttw 01-09-2006 09:01 AM

Gibbs knows a few things about preparing for big games. He also has veteran leadership at QB. Skins will find a way to win in Seattle and the D will come up strong again.

RFKRat 01-09-2006 09:24 AM

I just love all the negative articles like this. What a clown. He says Seattle is 6-1 in games decided by a TD or less but fails to acknowledge the opponents: Atlanta, St. Louis, Dallas, SF, NYG and Tenn. Seattle played a lot of close games vs some lousy teams...they were in the worst division in football and then had cushy games outside the division as well.

I hope the Redskins expose them.

onsidekick 01-09-2006 09:39 AM

On top of that it's like everyone forgot we scored over 30 in EACH OF OUR LAST 3 games! I hope this fires them up. We're 8.5 dogs, that's ridiculous.

skindogger47 01-09-2006 09:48 AM

Wow that line is a slap in the face. I wonder if they realize Shawn Springs will probably be back, and it will be Springs, Rogers, Taylor, and Clark/P-lo/Stoutmire in our defensive backfield. With Harris at the nickleback, with help over top.

Eriwar 01-09-2006 10:43 AM

Very funny how the Redskins get no respect. Last night I was floored by what TJ said on espn last night. His most disappointing team over the weekend was the Skins LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can he say that when he was exspecting the Skins to lose you ****ing idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TJ and Chris floor me everytime and oh Dr. Z and Peter King do the same. I guess to be a national NFL guy you gotta show your I hate the skins card before you apply. Steve Young was pissed off that the Skins won if you seen his reaction after the game. NO respect!!!

MTK 01-09-2006 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=Eriwar]Very funny how the Redskins get no respect. Last night I was floored by what TJ said on espn last night. His most disappointing team over the weekend was the Skins LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can he say that when he was exspecting the Skins to lose you ****ing idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TJ and Chris floor me everytime and oh Dr. Z and Peter King do the same. I guess to be a national NFL guy you gotta show your I hate the skins card before you apply. Steve Young was pissed off that the Skins won if you seen his reaction after the game. NO respect!!![/QUOTE]

He really said the Skins were the most disappointing despite the Giants laying a goose egg at home??