Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Am I the only ONE that feels good about Saturday? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10364)

Skins4343 01-09-2006 02:53 PM

Am I the only ONE that feels good about Saturday?

Looking at this match up has me excited, this team is 22nd against the pass. And we all know that we can stuff the run, just ask the last 6 opponents. Going on the road is a challenge but we have faired pretty well this year and Seattle has not proven anything to me other than they can beat teams like Houston and San Fran. Plus Holmgren has never beat the Redskins, EVER! We are getting beat up pretty good in the media because of our NO-Fense this past weekend, maybe it will help Seattle look past the ass beating that is around the corner. A win will be tought but it won't be over early like Shannon Sharpe says.

HAIL!

scowan 01-09-2006 02:56 PM

Re: Am I the only ONE that feels good about Saturday?

Our non-offense performace against the Bucs, just means the Seahawks don't have any recent film to scout us on!

gortiz 01-09-2006 02:59 PM

I think coming off a bruising and physical defensive battle and having to play a running team after a bye does not bode well for anyone, but then again, Joe Gibbs isn't anyone ... and the reality is, the Seahawks had the 32 strongest schedule this year ... so I might not feel good, but I'm not scared! :Smoker:

dmek25 01-09-2006 02:59 PM

dont forget that mr brunell had a very good game against the hawks the first time around

Redskins_P 01-09-2006 02:59 PM

As Brian Mitchell said on the post game show......

Don't expect the same performance out of our offense this week. Joe Gibbs has never had two back to back bad games......offensively.

BrudLee 01-09-2006 03:02 PM

Not only is their team bad against the pass, but they have hurt corners - Andre Dyson hasn't played since 12/5, and Marcus Trufant missed the last game with injuries.

I trust our defense to be able to put us in a position to win. Seattle can't say the same.

doxiechic12000 01-09-2006 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=scowan]Our non-offense performace against the Bucs, just means the Seahawks don't have any recent film to scout us on![/QUOTE]
Great point. This weekend is going to be a wild one, I am tingling with anticipation to Saturdays game/victory.

Eriwar 01-09-2006 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=scowan]Our non-offense performace against the Bucs, just means the Seahawks don't have any recent film to scout us on![/QUOTE]

They know whats coming and those player on the Seaducks defense know they cant handle us.

skindogger47 01-09-2006 03:37 PM

I think Springs comes up huge and we put up a bunch of points in a convincing win.

gibbs4life 01-09-2006 03:39 PM

i think it should be a very close game.the plus side for us is that our offense will be alot better than it was in tampa and i hope our defense from tampa goes to seattle as well. i feel good about saturday and i don,t care what the freakin media has to say cause they all are full od shit to start with.this saturday will be a good game and the point spread says seahawks by 10pts ,boy thats dangerous stuff right there if you ask me.it,s a slp in the face if you ask me.

hey we can go to seattle and beat them on the road.it can be done just ask the buccaneers.

Master4Caster 01-09-2006 03:43 PM

I feel good about Saturday, if the Skins are healthy. This team is battle tested in ways that the Seahawks are not. Seattle was stuffed at FedEx until the defense let them off the ropes late. They don't do that any more. Wynn will be missed, but if Springs & Rogers are back, and if Taylor plays, you can be confident the Hawks will have a rough day.

Of the offense can get 21 points - and the offense will show - Skins win!

hail_2_da_skins 01-09-2006 03:48 PM

I feel very good about this game. Gibbs is always well prepared in rematches.

Keys to the game:
1) Contain Shaun Alexander. Force the SeaDucks into obvious passing situations.
2) Get an early lead and put pressure on Matt Hasselbeck to stage a comeback.
3) Capitalize on their mistakes. Score touchdowns not field goals.

skinsguy 01-09-2006 04:15 PM

I feel pretty good about the game. At least, I don't feel scared of the Seahawks. Maybe it's because they have generally been a medicore team until this year, but I just don't see them as being intimidating. I believe the media is luring the Seahawks into a false sense of security after our offensive performance against the Bucs. Our team comes from one of the hardest divisions to win in if not THE hardest. We are battle tested and if you're going to beat us, it's not going to be easy.

70Chip 01-09-2006 04:27 PM

I think it will be a close game like most of our games coming down to the very end. I would make one point:

Some experts are talking about Seattle coming out and pounding us with Alexander. My guess is that First down passes will look mighty appealing to Holmgren once he realizes how the Redskins swarm to the run if he didn't already know. They will have to execute the passing game the way Simms did without the turnovers to beat us. As good as Alexander is, if the Redsins commit to stopping him, they can do it.

twinskinsfan 01-09-2006 05:07 PM

If you think of it, the Seahawks division SUCKS, they haven't played a lot of "big" games. If you look at there standings, they are .500 against current playoff teams. They lost to Jax, of course Redskins, they beat Indy (fluke) and the Giants, (barely) They are a good team against above .500 team, and a Great team against teams that suck. Don't be worried, Seattle can't win the big game. It all depends on which team shows up.

Beemnseven 01-09-2006 06:08 PM

[QUOTE=Master4Caster]I feel good about Saturday, if the Skins are healthy. [/QUOTE]

I agree, and I'm directing that at Mark Brunell. Two games in a row with below average performances - granted one against a great defense, but the other against the nothing Eagles.

He has said that his knee feels "fine", but if that's the case, then he could be reverting to his old 2004 ways. If by halftime at Seattle he's completing around 30% of his passes and is not finding any rhythym, then obviously something is seriously wrong, and Gibbs should put his teams' chances of winning above loyalty to his starting quarterback.

fevola 01-09-2006 08:06 PM

not overly concerned about this week. Looking back at the first game, we had them under control for the first 3 qtrs. Hasselbeck does not frighten me, although he is a good QB. Alexander is obviously the key but if we get off to a quick start as we have been, they will become pass happy.

If i was Joe Gibbs, i would look for a play action deep pass on our first play on offense. I have no doubt they will be looking for CP on the first play and what better than going deep to Santana? At worst if it is incomplete, their linebackers will at least back off a touch, leaving more room for CP.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-09-2006 08:22 PM

I think that if our offense shows up (i.e. 300+ total yards or 20+ points) we win.

LBrown43 01-09-2006 10:15 PM

The "NO-fense" as it is being called was just a master ploy by Papa Gibbs to throw off the Seahawks. I see us with over 250 in offense and at least one defensive turn over for a score. Final... Redskins 27 - Seahawks 13.

Redskin 01-09-2006 10:50 PM

I believe our offense has potential especially against a not so good defense. Our offense may not be top bur our defense is outstanding, the ravens one the superbowl with half that.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-09-2006 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=Redskin]I believe our offense has potential especially against a not so good defense. Our offense may not be top bur our defense is outstanding, the ravens one the superbowl with half that.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, their defense is pretty decent. Plus, they've got home-field advantage and are 8-0 at home. Our offense has to do [I]at least[/I] as well as it did against them during the regular season.