Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bugel says Moss will return some punts this week...THANK GOD!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10383)

FirstandTen 01-09-2006 10:05 PM

Bugel says Moss will return some punts this week...THANK GOD!!

On the channel 4 interview with George Michael today Bugel said Moss will see action returning punts this week. He said they hoped Thrash would be able to take over but with his thumb its not likely. I guess it dosen't mean Moss will return them all but MAN I HOPE HE DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70Chip 01-09-2006 11:36 PM

Re: Bugel says Moss will return some punts this week...THANK GOD!!

I honestly believe that the coaches need to get the ball in Taylor's hands whenever possible. He plays on teams anyways so why not a reverse or lateral on the punt return. I was watching an NFL films 'greatest games' of the 1984 NFC championship against the 49ers and they must have run three or four trick plays out of punt kick/coverage.

1. A reverse to Monte Coleman.
2. A lateral from Nick Giaquinto to Darrel Green which resulted in a score but was ruled a forward pass. (no instant replay in those days)
3. Jeff Hayes ran for a first down from punt formation.

I think Gibbs is going to take some chances Saturday.

Dirtbag 01-10-2006 03:36 AM

Why would Bugel say this? I mean, why not make it a surprise on Saturday, so Seattle is less likely to kick away from him?

TheGuyFromOverThere 01-10-2006 04:10 AM

At first, letīs hope that there will be a lot of punts to be returned.

Zkinsfan 01-10-2006 04:54 AM

would be nice............

paulskinsfan 01-10-2006 09:13 AM

Not me, I think this is a bad idea. Yes, Im old school and I fondly remember Darrell Green racing into the end zone against the Bears, but lets think about this for a minute. Moss is our only quick strike weapon on offense. Without Moss, the opponents defense will put 8 men in the box, and suddenly we become one dimensional on offense. I don't think putting Moss back there to risk injury is a good idea at all.

MTK 01-10-2006 09:29 AM

It's time to push all your chips to the center of the table and go for it, Moss on punts in the playoffs is a no brainer to me. I'm surprised he didn't field a few last week.

gibbs4life 01-10-2006 09:37 AM

yes sir this is the playoffs,win at any costs.pull out all the stops .

we need moss on offense and special teams,returning kicks.

scowan 01-10-2006 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]It's time to push all your chips to the center of the table and go for it, Moss on punts in the playoffs is a no brainer to me. I'm surprised he didn't field a few last week.[/QUOTE]

Matty, I agree with you. It is time to get creative on Special Teams and Offense. I am not worried about the Defense, because I think Greg Williams has been creative all season, but we need to shake things up in the punt department and the KR department. The Skins need to win the field position battle this week and score points. 17-10 is not going to be the score this week. I don't think the Skins can hold the Seahawks under 20 this week at their place. They have averaged 28.25 per game this year.

irish 01-10-2006 10:09 AM

Moss must be used now because he is an explosive threat and wont fumble. Also Thrash likely wont even play on Sat because he had surgery on his thumb yesterday.

scowan 01-10-2006 10:19 AM

[QUOTE=irish]Moss must be used now because he is an explosive threat and wont fumble. Also Thrash likely wont even play on Sat because he had surgery on his thumb yesterday.[/QUOTE]

The Thrash thing really hurts this week. We are back to Farris and Taylor, both of whom either can't get open or can't make a play! Somebody has got to step up this week at WR and make a few plays.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-10-2006 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]It's time to push all your chips to the center of the table and go for it, Moss on punts in the playoffs is a no brainer to me. I'm surprised he didn't field a few last week.[/QUOTE]

Yup, last game of the season and you can't hold anything back.

And if they win, IT'S BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HOLD ANYTHING BACK!!

scowan 01-10-2006 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Yup, last game of the season and you can't hold anything back.

And if they win, IT'S BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HOLD ANYTHING BACK!![/QUOTE]

Malcolm, I hope it is not the last game of the season, but it sort of feels that way to me. I really was not too worried about the Bucs and thought the Skins could beat them. And they Did!!! I am totaly proud of this team no matter what happens this Saturday, but they are going to really have to make some plays and have some breaks go their way to win this game. If they do, it would be a serious upset! The Skins are 1 game away from the NFC Championship game! Who would have thought!

skindogger47 01-10-2006 11:08 AM

Hell yeah, the prophecy is coming true. I suppose Brown will still be around for kickoff detail?

skinsfanthru&thru 01-10-2006 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=skindogger47]Hell yeah, the prophecy is coming true. I suppose Brown will still be around for kickoff detail?[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer Betts as he always seem to get almost 5-10 yards more a return than Brown does. then again Betts doesn't fall down accidently anywhere as much as Brown does so that might have something to do with it ;)