Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Strength of Schedule (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10442)

hurrykaine 01-12-2006 09:33 AM

Re: Strength of Schedule

Even when the Seahawks have had better teams, they have not been able to beat the skins. Take for e.g., Nov 2003 when Spurrier's skins (already deflated at 3-5), with the fearsome Rock Cartwright as the featured running back, handed Seattle a 27-20 loss at Fedex. Seattle came out on fire in the first half, but choked in the second half.

I think we can take these guys. If anything, the rain will be in our favor as it does not bode well for the passing offense.

hurrykaine 01-12-2006 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=Hail2em]if you look at all their games they beat 2 winning teams and that was the falcons and the g-men and they really aren't that good of teams. they beat the colts but that was because the colts sat all their players, so really they haven't played anyone this season in my eyes. We have to take the crowd of it early just as we did in tampa :)[/QUOTE]

Just proves what I've been trying to impress on Seattle fans for a long time now - the last time they played a meaningful game was Nov. 27 against the Giants - a game they almost lost ....three times, thanks to one Jay Feely. Their december and jan. games have been against poor opposition (yes that includes Indy, which rested everybody). Prior to the Giants, they played a meaningful game against Dallas on Oct 23. Almost lost that one too, but made a good defensive play to win at the end.

Two meaningful contests against stout opposition in the last three months? <Puts on Paul Mcguire voice> Are you kidding me?

The only thing I give Seattle credit for (as a team) this year is that they consistently beat the teams that they should've beaten. Hence the 13-3 record. Unfortunately, that matters nada at the present time.

scowan 01-12-2006 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]The Seahawks may be overrated, but they are still a very dangerous team. Alexander is a dangerous back who plays with power, vision, deceptive speed, and agility. Hasselbeck does a good job of spreading the ball around, making smart and accurate throws, and getting wins. Their defense has improved by leaps and bounds. In sum, let's not underestimate them simply because the media is overestimating their capabilities.[/QUOTE]

Ramseyfan, Sundra has quoted you already, and I will too, because you make some good points about the Seahawks, but I like other people have mentioned in this thread wonder how the stats would be different if the roles were reversed. Let's say the Skins would have played the Seahawks schedule this year and vice versa. Everyone would probably be talking about Portis having 20+ TDs and 1800+ yards. I think the Seahawks have played smart football this year, but I am not convinced they are the dominant team that everyone in the media makes them out to be. If the Skins can match the intensity of the Seahawks early and Bunell gets off to a better start, this game may turn out to be a surprise to alot of people . I think the Skins are doing everything right in terms of preperation this week to have a good game. They have practiced in the rain and are going out early to get adjusted to the time change. I am very optimistic about their chances.

gortiz 01-12-2006 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=SUNRA][QUOTE=Ramseyfan]The Seahawks may be overrated, but they are still a very dangerous team. Alexander is a dangerous back who plays with power, vision, deceptive speed, and agility. Hasselbeck does a good job of spreading the ball around, making smart and accurate throws, and getting wins. Their defense has improved by leaps and bounds. In sum, let's not underestimate them simply because the media is overestimating their capabilities.[/QUOTE

Question:Didn't we defeat Seattle the last four times we met? Wasn't Hasselbeck and Springs the stars of the team when we beat them? Of course they were, which is why the pressure is on them to beat us. Quite frankly, Mike Holmgren can not out coach Joe Gibbs and Greg Williams. Just too much experience. We win this one decisively by at least 10 points. Check out the scores when we played teams the second time this year. No game under 7 points.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how much springs knows about the offense and defense that seattle has and currenlty runs? People made a big deal about Peirce and the Giants, I wonder if are getting an advantage out of that ...

hurrykaine 01-12-2006 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=gortiz][QUOTE=SUNRA]

I wonder how much springs knows about the offense and defense that seattle has and currenlty runs? People made a big deal about Peirce and the Giants, I wonder if are getting an advantage out of that ...[/QUOTE]

Good point. Springs was able to snuff out a couple of offensive plays right away during our last game with the seahawks and he foiled them. He knows their personnel and their tendencies well since the roster has changed very little from the time he was there. I'm sure Springs has been giving the coaches and players valuable nuggets.

Sammy Baugh Fan 01-12-2006 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=hurrykaine][QUOTE=gortiz]
I'm sure Springs has been giving the coaches and players valuable nuggets.[/QUOTE]

heh heh
Springs has a GROIN injury.
He already GAVE valuble nuggets!

hahaha