Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What team had the best draft? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=1048)

Defensewins 04-27-2004 10:35 AM

What team had the best draft?

Although I really like the Redskins picks of Taylor And Cooley, I am also impressed with some other teams.
In some ways, I wish we could have had New England's draft. In a year or so, they are going to have the best defensive line in the NFL for a long time.
They drafted Vince Wilfork, Ben Watson and Marquise Hill.
Add DT Wilfork and DE Hill to last years draft of DT Ty Warren and DT Dan Klecko.
Then add them to 3rd year two time pro bowler Richard Seymour you get a great young line.
They mostly play a 3-4. But a starting 4 of Seymour, Wilfork (at tackle) and TY Warren, Marquies Hill (at DE).
I really wanted LSU DE Marquise Hill for the Redskins. At 6' 6" and 300 pounds, he is a monster. After seeing him play last year, I thought he was the best DE in the draft.
The other team that had a good draft was the Raiders. T gallery and C Grove in one draft is good.

Beemnseven 04-27-2004 10:41 AM

I think Detroit did well. They've already got last year's best WR in that draft: Charles Rodgers. Now they add Roy Williams from Texas. With Harrington improving they might have one of the best QB/WR/WR tandems in the league if everything pans out.

Not to mention nabbing Kevin Jones at RB later in the first.

Mariucci is crafting what could be a very formidable offense. Not sure about their defense though.

PSUskinsfan11 04-27-2004 11:49 AM

either patriots or vikings (got some great defensive players and my sleeper rod davis)

Dave Butz Baby! 04-27-2004 04:11 PM

I think (like many of the other, uh, "pundits") Detroit Rock City lived up to their name in this draft. Others I liked were the Falcons, Cardinals, and the freakin' Patriots. Rich get richer. I'll also give props to the Steelers.

Hmmmm.... can you be a pundit if you don't get paid for it?

SKINSnCANES 04-27-2004 04:43 PM

Steelers did well because they got what they needed, a QB, a CB, and a Olinemen, those were their first three rounds. All the teams that got two first round picks look like they came out well, but they also dont get to pick next year in some cases. If you look at how teams have drafted over three years id say the Lions and the Texans. They have both had early picks and gotten some talent with them

Daseal 04-27-2004 05:19 PM

Lions had the #1 draft by far in my book!

itvnetop 04-27-2004 05:51 PM

Yeah, the Lions pulled off a coup... Roy Will was rated top on some teams boards, they still got the back they needed in Jones (although they wanted Jackson), and an extra first rounder next year. All for the price of one KWII.