Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can't Sleep Already (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10501)

railcon56 01-13-2006 12:24 AM

Can't Sleep Already

Thursday Night and i'm already too excited to sleep...... omg what will happen tommorow night i'm not gonna make it....

70Chip 01-13-2006 12:28 AM

Re: Cant Sleep Already

Me too. This week is worst than last. By the Super Bowl I will be seeing a whole team of psychiatrists. It's totally insane but I can't help it. I don't remember it being this bad in the eighties.

scowan 01-13-2006 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=70Chip]Me too. This week is worst than last. By the Super Bowl I will be seeing a whole team of psychiatrists. It's totally insane but I can't help it. I don't remember it being this bad in the eighties.[/QUOTE]

70chip, I am 36 and it sounds like you are at least in your 30's as well if you remember the 80's as well. The reason we don't remember it this bad in the 80's is because we took wins for granted back then. After the decade of the 90's and early 2000's we know how hard it is to get to the top and that is way we are so excited about things this year. I have already begun to plan my menu for tomorrow and I bought a new tape to get the VCR ready!

gibbs4life 01-13-2006 10:03 AM

[QUOTE=scowan]70chip, I am 36 and it sounds like you are at least in your 30's as well if you remember the 80's as well. The reason we don't remember it this bad in the 80's is because we took wins for granted back then. After the decade of the 90's and early 2000's we know how hard it is to get to the top and that is way we are so excited about things this year. I have already begun to plan my menu for tomorrow and I bought a new tape to get the VCR ready![/QUOTE]

that why i appreciate this teams success this year with the run that they are on.you are rightabout that.i,m thinking about the game everyday but i,m not losing any sleep as of yet.i,ve a got a good gameplan for saturday i just hope our skins have one too.i,m pretty confident that they will have a tough gameplan for the seagulls.

Eriwar 01-13-2006 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=railcon56@comcast.net]Thursday Night and i'm already too excited to sleep...... omg what will happen tommorow night i'm not gonna make it....[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Last night I was watching the replay of the Skins versus bucs game. That was like drinking a pot of coffee before bed.

RedskinRat 01-13-2006 01:44 PM

I'm not the only one then?

This is like being a five year old, the night before Santa drops by.

I've been continually running the Chris Paul vid over and over.

skinsguy 01-13-2006 01:59 PM

It's a weird feeling to me. It feels like the last decade or so was just all a bad, bad dream that never exsisted, and that Gibbs never actually left the first time! Here we are in the second round of the playoffs, and I'm actually thinking we have just as much of a chance at making the Super Bowl as any of the other teams. Just like alot of our doubters are expecting us to lose, I am almost expecting us to do no worse than the NFC Championship Game....but then again...I'm not going to predict.

hesscl34 01-13-2006 02:24 PM

Ten reasons why the Redskins can beat the Seahawks.

1) Excluding their meaningless late-season games with the Colts and Packers (W and L, respectively), the Seahawks have played four teams with a winning record and have split those contests. The Redskins, meanwhile, have played eleven teams with a winning record and are 6-5 in those games.

2) The Seahawks two wins against teams with winning records came via monumental gaffes by their opponents. In week 7 against Dallas, Drew Bledsoe threw an ill-advised last-second interception that set up a game-winning Seattle FG. Five weeks later, in another home game against an NFC East opponent, Giants kicker Jay Feely missed three makeable FGs in the 4th quarter and overtime. Don't tell me Seattle is invincible at home.

3) In his nine games against teams with records worse than 6-10, Alexander is averaging 131.1 yards and 2.33 touchdowns. In four games against teams with winning records, Shaun Alexander is averaging 85.5 yards and .5 touchdowns. If A. Rod doesn't play in the World Baseball Classic, maybe Shaun A. could take his place, seeing as they both love piling up stats against inferior opponents but never seem to get it done in big games.

4) Everyone talks about how difficult it is to win a Wild Card and Divisional Playoff game on the road. And they're right. Only twice since the NFL expanded to a 12-team playoff in 1990 have teams won road games in the first two rounds of the playoffs. The last team to do it was the 1996 Jacksonville Jaguars. Their quarterback? Mark Brunell.

5) Joe Gibbs has a career 18-5 record in the playoffs and is 19-4 in games played in January.

6) The Seahawks franchise has not won a playoff game since 1984, the longest such current drought in the NFL. Under Holmgren, Seattle is 0-3 in the playoffs, including a home-loss last season to the underdog St. Louis Rams.

7) Mike Holmgren is a very good coach, but he hasn't won a playoff game without Brett Favre. Joe Gibbs, on the other hand, is a very great coach and has won playoff games and Super Bowls with Jay Schroeder, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien.

8) Seattle tackle Walter Jones is one of, if the not the, best offensive lineman in football. This should help quell Philip Daniels, but the strength of the Redskins d-line is not on the outside but in the middle with Cornelius Griffin and Joe Salave'a.

9) The Redskins have played four "rematch" games this season (Dallas, New York, Tampa Bay and Philadelphia). In the first games against those teams, Washington was outscored 95-66. In the rematches, it was Washington that did the outscoring: 118-57. Gibbs took them from a 29-point deficit to a 61-point advantage, which leads me to #10, the most important fact on this list:

10) Week 3: Washington 20 - Seattle 17. It's one thing to think the Redskins won't win. But to think they can't, especially in light of the fact they've already beaten Seattle this season, is absurd.

Sammy Baugh Fan 01-13-2006 02:35 PM

That's good stuff man!

hesscl34 01-13-2006 02:40 PM

...good stuff... from a GIRL! :)

Sammy Baugh Fan 01-13-2006 02:43 PM

GIRL?!
Prove it!

lol
Hey, my wife is a girl!
Girls are cool.

peace
Hail Skins

RedskinRat 01-13-2006 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34]...good stuff... from a GIRL! :)[/QUOTE]

Great stuff, from a fan. That's all that really matters.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-13-2006 02:43 PM

I bet if Alexander takes a couple licks he'll run even softer than before.

redsk1 01-13-2006 02:53 PM

Yea, i've had trouble sleeping all week. When i did sleep, i had a dream the skins won. Worse, i can't make it for more than an hour at work w/out pulling up skins stuff on the net.

Redskins_P 01-13-2006 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I bet if Alexander takes a couple licks he'll run even softer than before.[/QUOTE]

Same goes for their receivers. Hit em hard and they'll have alligator arms.

Sean Taylor anyone???

Seattle is soft....