Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   What is the injury status of Clinton Portis? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/10532-what-is-injury-status-clinton-portis.html)

dag 01-13-2006 10:49 PM

What is the injury status of Clinton Portis?

A healthy Portis will go a long way towards making it easier to win, on the road, for the second straight week, in the playoffs. Not an easy task.

For those of us who aren't local, can we get an injury update?

Thanks.

44deisel44 01-13-2006 10:54 PM

Re: What is the injury status of Clinton Portis?

He is not even listed as probable....but he got a shoulder stinger last game.

I think he does his best, sore and pissed off!!!

70Chip 01-13-2006 11:07 PM

He's fine. His toughness was a real eye-opener the second half of the year. We need him to have one of those big time games if we are to win. I'm talking 150+. Now is the acceptable time, Clinton. Time for you to prove who the real MVP is!

steveo395 01-13-2006 11:10 PM

i never saw him on the report so i hope hes fine...we need him

hesscl34 01-13-2006 11:11 PM

Unless he is dead he will bring it!!!!!! HAVE FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44deisel44 01-13-2006 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip]He's fine. His toughness was a real eye-opener the second half of the year. We need him to have one of those big time games if we are to win. I'm talking 150+. Now is the acceptable time, Clinton. Time for you to prove who the real MVP is![/QUOTE]
Even 100yds. If he can get a couple 15 yarders or so runs early, it will open up ALOT for Cooley and Moss, and with our D.............

hesscl34 01-13-2006 11:17 PM

Best team. Best Coach. Best Owner = Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wheeler 01-13-2006 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=44deisel44]He is not even listed as probable....but he got a shoulder stinger last game.

I think he does his best, sore and pissed off!!![/QUOTE] i hope he feels the way he did the last [size=4]5 [/size]weeks of the season...:banghead: over [size=3]100 [/size]yards all [size=4]5 [/size]games ,kind of remind 's you of larry brown (69'to75).tough as nails . he's capable of carrying the team on his back.:point:

dag 01-13-2006 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34]Best team. Best Coach. Best Owner = Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]Best owner? Are you smokin' crack?

wheeler 01-13-2006 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=44deisel44]Even 100yds. If he can get a couple 15 yarders or so runs early, it will open up ALOT for Cooley and Moss, and with our D.............[/QUOTE] a steady [size=4]5 [/size]or [size=4]6 [/size]yards a carry will do the trick,move those chains.then boom moss [size=4]TD:woot: [/size]

70Chip 01-13-2006 11:39 PM

[QUOTE=dag]Best owner? Are you smokin' crack?[/QUOTE]

He's gotta be better than that fossil up in Buffalo. What a debacle that is! In fact I could name several owners who are far worse than Snyder. Somebody name one that's better. (living owners)

hesscl34 01-13-2006 11:41 PM

Best owner in that he'll do anything for the TEAM! I hated him, but recently I love him. He has done what any true fan would do.. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.. and if it's his with his walet.. then so be it!!!!!!!! He has given Gibbs his dream team.. he deserve some thanks!

44deisel44 01-13-2006 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip]He's gotta be better than that fossil up in Buffalo. What a debacle that is! In fact I could name several owners who are far worse than Snyder. Somebody name one that's better. (living owners)[/QUOTE]
HELL YEAH!!!!! Love the signature 70.:food-smil

70Chip 01-13-2006 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=44deisel44]HELL YEAH!!!!! Love the signature 70.:food-smil[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Coach Allen. I actually got to see him coach Long Beach State against Clemson in 1990, right before his death. They got crushed but they played hard and earned about $500,000 grand for their program. I think there were a couple of NFL players on his team but they slip my mind right now. A WR, somebody. Anyhooo....

dag 01-13-2006 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34]Best owner in that he'll do anything for the TEAM! I hated him, but recently I love him. He has done what any true fan would do.. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.. and if it's his with his walet.. then so be it!!!!!!!! He has given Gibbs his dream team.. he deserve some thanks![/QUOTE]Well, he opens his wallet. I'll give him that. But right up until he hired Joe Gibbs, he was in the running for the league's worst owner--meddlesome, impatient, thinking he actually knew something about the game.

We are a long ways away from a dream team. We have a great defense, an old, hobbled quarterback, and only one wide receiver. They will need to retool the offense over the offseason, adding at least one bonafide receiving threat.