Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NO RESPECT... All "Experts" pick Seattle to win and cover! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10544)

FirstandTen 01-14-2006 01:55 AM

NO RESPECT... All "Experts" pick Seattle to win and cover!

This is a joke.... Not only are all the "Experts" picking Seattle to win but there picking them to cover!!!! Here's the list ive seen so far... Chris Berman, Bill Simmons, Meril Hoge, Mark Sireath etc... I can't wait till tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

skinsfanthru&thru 01-14-2006 02:17 AM

Re: NO RESPECT... All "Experts" picks Sea to win and COVER 9.5!!!

I think the one that pissed me off the most was Jay Mariotti on ATH saying the game shouldn't even be played. Plus if the Skins pull "the upset" again, I can rub it into the face one of my managers who was talking smack today.

wbecker999 01-14-2006 02:22 AM

You call them experts

Skinfan184 01-14-2006 02:28 AM

I am so sick of that B.S. the seahags do not even understand how to win a playoff game, as opposed to Joe & Co. who wrote the book.

70Chip 01-14-2006 02:34 AM

Experts textperts choking smokers...

The title of this thread reminded me of my favorite Rodney Dangerfield joke:

I'll tell ya my sex life is awful... My wife just cut me down to twice a month....

It's okay though... I know a couple of guys she cut off completely...

ba bump bump

bertoskins 01-14-2006 02:55 AM

also Mr . Wilborn

huh lets see

IN GIBBS WE TRUST

BigSKINBauer 01-14-2006 03:02 AM

Here is MY expert talk.

I crunched some numbers

I looked at some stats and said HELLLZ no this ain't good enough! So i made me own statistics! I said how can the seahags get credit if they played easy teams. BUt my common sence couldn't discredit all of their accomplishments.

I set out to examine the teams they played and looked at the amount of yards their opponents averaged per game on the ground and the amount of yards they got against the seahawks.

I did this for seahags defense against the run, defense against the pass, offense on other run defenses and offense on other pass defenses. I did all the same for the skins.

This should take away the strength of schedule problems as it accounts for the strength of opponents defense and offenses against the run and pass.

Here is what it comes out to be:

If the seahags D was to play an offense that averaged 100 yards on the ground they would give up 93% or 93 yards.
if they were to play an offense that averaged 100 through the air that offense would get 111% or 111 yards

Skins D
If the skins were to play a team that got 100 on the ground that team would get 95% or 95 yards
The skins give up only 91% of the opponent's average through the air.
-------------------

Offense
The seahawks run game would get 133% of the total amount of yards the defense they play gives up on the ground. so against a team that limits the other team to 100 yards rushing the seahags would get 133 on them
The seahawks would get only 91% on the passing defense.

The skins offense would get 128% of the run defense of the other team
The skins offense would get ONLY 92% of the Passing offense the other team usually gives up. so when a team plays the skins, on average, they have a better defensive day through the air!!

The skins passing offense sucks. The thing is the seahags passing defense just sucks a little more.
--------------

To recap in other words.

IF the seahags defense was to play a team that got 100 yards on average on the ground on offense they would give up 93 while the skins would give up 95

If the seahags defense was to play a team that got 100 yards on average in the air on offense they would give up 111 while the skins would give up only 91

IF the seahags offense was to play a team gave up 100 yards on average on the ground the Seahags would get an amazing 133 yards and the skins would get 128

IF the seahags offense was to play a team gave up 100 yards on average through the air the seahags would get 105 yards and the skins would get ONLY 92!!!

Luxorreb 01-14-2006 04:52 AM

Reality... Seattle is the #1 seed in the NFC with league MVP Shaun Alexander. Washington is the #6 seed in the NFC and had no defensive players selected to the pro bowl.

Truth... Seahawks last 'real' loss was to the Redskins when they played their whole squad the entire game. Seattle did lose to Green Bay, but that was quite the abhorition. Redskins have won 6th str8 tough games against the Gmen, PHILI, Tampa and Dallas. The Washington defense has play makers and wins games for the fans of DC!!!

Redskins win!

offiss 01-14-2006 05:36 AM

Other than the first Giant game, and the second cowboy game, I have been dead on, and frankly I still feel that Tampa was a tougher opponent then the Hawk's. I know we have to be a little tired, but I don't know if it's enough to really make a big difference? My biggest concern in this game is this, will Gibbs keep pushing the offense even if we take a lead? Or does he back into a shell and try to hold them off if we get a lead? I hope he learned a little something from last week, and that's even in the playoff's you can't back off with a lead, if you allow a team to gain momentum it's tough to stop them.

I hope he remembers that dropped pass by tampa and realizes that we held on and escaped with a victory, if he catches that ball, we in all liklyhood lose that game, that's what happens when you allow a team to hang around, we made the playoff's through aggresion on offense, we have to continue to attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedskinPete 01-14-2006 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=offiss]Other than the first Giant game, and the second cowboy game, I have been dead on, and frankly I still feel that Tampa was a tougher opponent then the Hawk's. I know we have to be a little tired, but I don't know if it's enough to really make a big difference? My biggest concern in this game is this, will Gibbs keep pushing the offense even if we take a lead? Or does he back into a shell and try to hold them off if we get a lead? I hope he learned a little something from last week, and that's even in the playoff's you can't back off with a lead, if you allow a team to gain momentum it's tough to stop them.

I hope he remembers that dropped pass by tampa and realizes that we held on and escaped with a victory, if he catches that ball, we in all liklyhood lose that game, that's what happens when you allow a team to hang around, we made the playoff's through aggresion on offense, we have to continue to attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I think you are right that the Bucs D is much better then the the Hawks. I can't see the home field being any harder for the Skins then TB. But the O for TB is not what Seattle has! But more important is what O for us will show up? D's win play-off games and Championships!!! If we get on top I see us holding on running out the clock! Maybe Gibbs will kick that O in the ass and say lets get it going. I believe Gibbs knew in his heart and bones that after we got the lead on the Bucs it was going to be a D battle and held back the O!!! Trying to Run the ball to run out the clock. I know he said we tryed everything but he was holding back just look at the game. One thing is for sure Seattle didn't see anything new!!!

offiss 01-14-2006 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=RedskinPete]I think you are right that the Bucs D is much better then the the Hawks. I can't see the home field being any harder for the Skins then TB. But the O for TB is not what Seattle has! But more important is what O for us will show up? D's win play-off games and Championships!!! If we get on top I see us holding on running out the clock! Maybe Gibbs will kick that O in the ass and say lets get it going. I believe Gibbs knew in his heart and bones that after we got the lead on the Bucs it was going to be a D battle and held back the O!!! Trying to Run the ball to run out the clock. I know he said we tryed everything but he was holding back just look at the game. One thing is for sure Seattle didn't see anything new!!![/QUOTE]

I kind of went off of what Portis has said this week, and he said we started playing ball control once we got up.

As for the difference in the offenses between Tampa and Seattle, I think Gruden is much more dangerous as a play caller than Holmgrem, yes Seattle has more talent on offense but it's not overwhelming. Couple that with the fact that we should control the ball on offense much better than we did against Tampa, and I believe we win 24-13

htownskinfan 01-14-2006 09:00 AM

theisman picked against us too,how's he going against us when he picked us to be in the superbowl?

LongTimeSkinsFan 01-14-2006 09:04 AM

I love flying under the radar and being the underdog although none of the response from the media really surprises me. We've never really received credit all year from the media with the exception of a few announcers and now we're essentially being told we're lucky to even be in the playoffs. I don't think it's due to the coaches or players as much as it is the people pulling the strings. IMHO, I think it's the other media moguls hating on Dan Snyder because he's finally got a good thing going and they (other media outlets) can't stand it. Over the past few years, Snyder has built a Redskins media network, through TV and the internet, which almost completely cuts the traditional outlets out of the picture. It's no big secret that Danny has had his share of feuds with the Washington newspapers so I would think it's entirely possible that he's hated on by the big networks as well.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-14-2006 09:37 AM

Jay Mariotti is such a loser, he's been too busy plucking his eyebrows to notice that the Redskins are a good team. So who cares what he says?

ParkerGibbs 01-14-2006 09:37 AM

The funniest part is that I came to the Warpath just now to start this exact thread. I am curious, does anyone know ANY "anal-yst" that has picked us, outside of the tri-state area? Im just curious, because I cant find a single one. And then on top of that, the ESPN.com poll had every state except for MD and VA favoring the Seafags. I cannot wait to spank these guys!!:spank: