Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Colts/Steelers Thoughts (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/10612-colts-steelers-thoughts.html)

redrock-skins 01-15-2006 04:21 PM

Colts/Steelers Thoughts

Wow. Hell of a way to win or lose in that game. "Idiot kicker" indeed.

saden1 01-15-2006 04:24 PM

Re: Colts/Steelers Thoughts

13-0 start? How about One and Done!

Was it just me or was that Spurrier's offense the Colts were running? No protection at all!

cpayne5 01-15-2006 04:24 PM

Man, I was really rooting for the Colts here. The guy that gives me the most crap about the Skins is supposedly a Steelers fan (he cares more about the Skins losing than his own team). Ugh.

BigSKINBauer 01-15-2006 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=cpayne5]Man, I was really rooting for the Colts here. The guy that gives me the most crap about the Skins is supposedly a Steelers fan (he cares more about the Skins losing than his own team). Ugh.[/QUOTE]
exactly the same for me. EXACTLY!! i have a steeler friend just like that. Man i wanted him to take it back from the bettis fumble. That would be really cool to see something like that.

redrock-skins 01-15-2006 04:26 PM

We went as far as the Colts did. If we lost like that, I'd be floating in the Puget Sound right now.

SC Skins Fan 01-15-2006 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]Wow. Hell of a way to win or lose in that game. "Idiot kicker" indeed.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a nickel in it and haven't seen a replay yet, but on first glance it looked like the snap was a bit low and Hunter Smith had a little bit of difficulty getting the ball down. Just a reminder about how important all three players - snapper, holder, and kicker - are to making a successful kick.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-15-2006 04:28 PM

That was an amazing game. I picked the Colts to win and was shocked. The Colts would have won if their play-calling wasn't so conservative. j/k :)

mooby 01-15-2006 04:32 PM

yeah i'd rather washington lose the way they did rather than the way the colts did. When bettis fumbled my first thought was, oh snap it's gonna be the colts in the championship game.

SeasonTicketHolder 01-15-2006 04:32 PM

the Colts shouldn't even have been in that position to tie it. Troy definitely picked that off. Refs were a little fishy all game, hmmmm.

Daryl Elite 01-15-2006 04:34 PM

I picked the Steelers. Phewf. That was a great game. I can't believe Vanderjagt missed the most important field goal of his career.

SC Skins Fan 01-15-2006 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=SeasonTicketHolder]the Colts shouldn't even have been in that position to tie it. Troy definitely picked that off. Refs were a little fishy all game, hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

I think it was the same rule in play that worked for the Skins when Edell Sheppard did not control the ball when he hit the ground in the Tampa game. I'd have to look at the official rules that was a close call. I do agree that the officials were pretty suspect all day, though.

Mattyk 01-15-2006 04:37 PM

Wow, great game, great ending!

I really felt bad for Bettis when he fumbled, he's one of the leagues real good guys, nice to see that mistake didn't cost them their season.

bertoskins 01-15-2006 05:37 PM

wasted season by the near perfect colts
steelers though is much like us
and they succeed this round

redwagonskins 01-15-2006 05:49 PM

idiot kicker!!! the irony of the guy calling out Peyton as a choker barely gets it between the pylons in the endzone, nevermind the goal posts.